Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

People need to understand that we've got a special goalkeeper with Courtois! Other teams would pay huge amounts of money to buy a goalie with such class! It is not even worth a discussion if Cech should be dumped for Courtois - for sure he has to be replaced with Courtois! I am happy that we have got the best coach in terms of leaving sentiments aside when leading a team to success!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how Schurrle gets a start really.

I can't remember the last game he started and actually did something. His world cup impact came from the bench and his impact here should continue to be from the bench IMO.

But u know, hopefully he turns into Ronaldo for this game.

Im not surprised, but hey what can you do. Cech didn't do anything wrong last season (bad luck that he got injured at the end) + Willian was arguably our second best AM at the end of last season (after Hazard). But there are many things to be considered, Schürrle's confidence is skyhigh atm, and Oscar should be our nr10 this season (otherwise i see no reason to have him at the club). It's the first game, and our teams formation will shift alot during the season.

Jose pre-game: 'Thibaut is my number one tonight against Burnley. I don’t make decisions for the season; I make decisions for a match.' #CFC

That's bullshit tbh, we all know what his decision for the season is.

To be Schurrle is to be inconsistent.

A player shouldn't be in a starting line-up because he scored goals a year ago.

I never was a fan of Schurrle, but i guess thats a bit unfair - especially seeing the competition. Willian was inconsistent, Hazard was, Oscar more than was, .. etc. every time - even I don't really like his style - Schurrle gave us a directness we lacked.

That alone makes him fit our game plan imo.

Just a thought.

Jose pre-game: 'Thibaut is my number one tonight against Burnley. I don’t make decisions for the season; I make decisions for a match.' #CFC

I do think he is piling up a bit of pressure for Tibo. If he can cut it now .... then you have a future plan. no?

Beware Danny Ings, could be the difference in them staying up this season and if he starts the season well he won't be at Burnley for long.

This could be tough but I expect us to get off to a winning start, looking forward to seeing us play with a decent midfield and a striker on the pitch for a change. Costa to notch a couple.