Diego Costa

Spike

Or Liverpools? :)

or MU or Man City or Barcelona or Real Madrid or whoever got many top strikers over the years...

The problem with us is that we always spend the money on wrong players at wrong time that doesn't fit our system, Drogba was the only success. For example if we signed Falcao in 2012, Cavani last summer, Suarez in 2011...etc they would all be banging them in for us now.

Di Marzio:

Chelsea willing to pay Diego Costa’s 42 million euro exit clause.

When Di Marzio reports it for me its 3/4 official that we're after him.

It doesn't really matter, it was always gonna be either him or Balotelli or Cavani for us. Who else would be available? Even then Cavani is probably not so only those 2 and I know who Jose prefers...Both are cunts but 1 always work hard, 1 works whenever he wants.

or MU or Man City or Barcelona or Real Madrid or whoever got many top strikers over the years...

The problem with us is that we always spend the money on wrong players at wrong time that doesn't fit our system, Drogba was the only success. For example if we signed Falcao in 2012, Cavani last summer, Suarez in 2011...etc they would all be banging them in for us now.

That's why it's important to not be changing managers every season. Each has a different system and a different idea.

I hope Mourinho keeps his word and stays for the long term.

That's why it's important to not be changing managers every season. Each has a different system and a different idea.

I hope Mourinho keeps his word and stays for the long term.

Yeah that but if you are a REALLY QUALITY player then it really doesn't matter that much, Cavani, Ibra, Suarez...etc all moved from managers to managers, system to system yet they keep getting better and better no matter what. Sometime those top bracket players are just that good they would produce in any system. Of course there are the likes of Torres, Drogba...etc who NEED to have a team built around them to flourish, so while they are great they are really not as complete as some other.

Me too, I hope Jose stays but if he goes eventually Pep or Carlo come in wouldn't be too bad. Also remember it isn't fully up to him but also Roman.

I am still dumbfounded by January 2011. Was no one at CFC watching Suarez for Ajax and Uruguay? Did they not see that Torres was not moving as well as in the past? then, send Matic to Benfica for nothing while CFC have nothing in center midfield.

As much as Chelsea certainly need a striker (and I'm still not much of a Lukaku fan), I am still equally concerned about center midfield.

As much as Chelsea certainly need a striker (and I'm still not much of a Lukaku fan), I am still equally concerned about center midfield.

I've been touting Kovacic as a must grab this summer for that (in the likely summer transfers topic), he's going to be a beast. I've also just recently doubted my thinking that it will be impossible to sign him. With no European football Inter are in so much financial trouble they have to accept any money and cheap players clubs send their way. So I'm guessing a cheap Mikel and a lot of money for this little guy and we are in buisness. Every club deals with debt but apparently Inter are have big problem int he money department and Chelsea pockets know how to talk.

QJ5TEb.gif

So much brawn shown by Costa today.

I've been touting Kovacic as a must grab this summer for that (in the likely summer transfers topic), he's going to be a beast. I've also just recently doubted my thinking that it will be impossible to sign him. With no European football Inter are in so much financial trouble they have to accept any money and cheap players clubs send their way. So I'm guessing a cheap Mikel and a lot of money for this little guy and we are in buisness. Every club deals with debt but apparently Inter are have big problem int he money department and Chelsea pockets know how to talk.

QJ5TEb.gif

So much brawn shown by Costa today.

I'm glad someone can watch Inter Milan and give us an opinion. Every time I've tried to watch Inter, I've been impressed by one defender and/or let-down by the team's overall performance. change the channel.. I do know that they have good players; problem is, the team has rarely impressed me on the pitch. total snoozers.

At this moment, I do not have recommendations for center midfielders. K.Strootman was one of my top recommendations previously (we know he went to AS Roma). discussed many superstars and squad players on another online forum; after Chelsea have failed to sign strong CMs for years now, I'm just tired of it. Every window for the past 3.5 years went by and no one really good came to Chelsea until Matic returned. Now Matic is the best center midfielder Chelsea have. Want to run him into the ground? Get some depth and quality, please.

My only thought for this summer, for Chelsea is to try for one superstar CM and one strong squad player CM for depth. Right now, we're looking at about 3 players for the CM pair: Matic, Ramires, and vanGinkel. Cannot count Lampard IMO--either leaving or just too slow (never was a strong center midfielder IMO) and Mikel is surely leaving (I can hope). That leaves us with 2 known quality CMs in Ramires and Matic for next season and one unknown quantity in vanGinkel. So, if no one is ready to come up from the reserves and play well enough, Chelsea should probably be buying 3 center midfielders. If one player will come up from reserves: buy two CMs.