Diego Costa

Spike

Actually Falcao for 25-35m is better than Costa at 32m

yeah... especially after his knee injury.

Guess Silva, Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Azpilicueta etc. are all average players as well.

Lol.

Iniesta, Xabi, Alonso - achieved something big in their career.
costa still not.

You asked how many games TOPTB has watched this season with Costa in and said you'd watched 5 and he was shit in all 5, suggesting he'd been shit this season. I'm not going to rise to your pathetic insults and childish swearing either, so you might as well stop before you get a ban.

I asked a genuine question. I then added that I hadn't watched him much but he had been poor in those games. Please point out where I said he'd had a shit season.. or did you just make an assumption and ran with it with your sarcastic reply? Even an idiot knows he was one of La Ligas top scorers last season.

Relax guys. I have my reservations about Costa aswell, but it's not fair to judge him after two games where almost all the spanish players played like shit. If he comes to Chelsea we can judge him after some games (not a few though - he needs time to settle in and learn about the PL). Now he will have some rest after a long season and his injury and he will be fit at the start of the next season.

Can tell that a lot of these haven't even watched Costa for more than 4 games.

Of course. I don't know any Chelsea fan, on this board or elsewhere that has watched him play regularly and says we shouldn't sign him. Some here base their opinions on a handful of games (his 4th appearance for a team in decline who play a very rigid system completely different from ours) and youtube videos.

http://livefootballvideo.com/teams/atletico-madrid

These are full match replays of Costa for Atletico Madrid. In my spare time, I've watched some of them in addition to the live games. Barring extra-ordinary circumstances, I don't see how this player will be a flop at Chelsea. This is how you FAIRLY form an opinion of a player.

Can tell that a lot of these haven't even watched Costa for more than 4 games.

Won't pretend to have watched a lot of him. Seen him in the big La Liga games, a few Champions League games. Probably only watched him play in full about 9-10 times.

It's just after watching Torres for so long I've developed a phobia of attacking players with poor control/first touch.

'Good evening, I'd like to cancel a pending bank transfer to Atl¨¦tico Madrid immediately please.'

BqcHIAyCAAARx8o.jpg

Lmao!!! :D

He missed some chances and didn't do well, but it was also painfully clear how little he fits the tiki taka style. So many times he was pointing and making runs, while never getting the ball. As of tiki taka rules, it's more important to pass the ball around the oppositions box, than to actually try and score.

People being over dramatic about it are hilarious, the whole Spain team played like shit, including other players that has proven their worth over many years, same with Lukaku yesterday who was truly shit... But national team football is not something to completely judge a footballer on.

Exactly. Costa was better in the second half once spain stopped playing with two DM's (busquets and alonso just imagine us using matic and mikel, how will we attack?) He made so many runs and was much better once koke came on with direct passes to costa on his runs.

But after he came off, see the difference? torres didn't even do anytin and once again spain got far worse for the second match in a roll when he came off.

In chelsea, he'll have fabregas/matic spotting his runs, and will be found with perfect first time balls.

As for his performance, only ramos, azpi and carzola were better than costa for spain in this match, the rest of the 11 players +subs were worse.

More proof that this guy is just average and is not a world class striker. Stop finding excuses for him being average

I honestly want to see an opinion on which one, shall we go for, if we are to fail in getting Costa. Do tell. Honest piss off. Idiotic posts everywhere.

I stand by what I said. First time, I see a striker and say he is close to being an idiot, and not a soft tit like Torres. And we need a proper cnt.

Won't pretend to have watched a lot of him. Seen him in the big La Liga games, a few Champions League games. Probably only watched him play in full about 9-10 times.

It's just after watching Torres for so long I've developed a phobia of attacking players with poor control/first touch.

I wouldn't say his control or first touch is poor, it just looks unconventional/unorthodox. He's not like Torres at all in the sense that he's great at holding onto the ball/back to goal play, unlike Fernando who usually loses the ball when it's passed into his feet.

He doesn't have Aguero/Suarez silky control but he isn't that bad. His dribbling and first touch in general is good enough, much better than Torres'.

And he is stuck with Spain forever? If they continue with that tiki taka BS then he can forget about a good international career.

It just simply does not suit him, it's so clear. Can't believe people are judging him based on 2 performances in a team that sucks as bad as nickelback.

Well the good news is that Azpi, Fabregas and Costa can rest before the new season.

I wouldn't say his control or first touch is poor, it just looks unconventional/unorthodox. He's not like Torres at all in the sense that he's great at holding onto the ball/back to goal play, unlike Fernando who usually loses the ball when it's passed into his feet.

He doesn't have Aguero/Suarez silky control but he isn't that bad. His dribbling and first touch in general is good enough, much better than Torres'.

You have to admit his chance in the 2nd half had Torres written all over it.. Fantastic, perfectly weighted ball. Bad first touch, ball got stuck under his feet, scuffs the eventual shot which got deflected wide.

Much better than Torres really isn't that much of an achievement if we're honest. I just envision a lot of moves breaking down at his feet, especially in the games when the opposition are camped inside their own half.

I'm not against the Costa signing as he'd represent an upgrade on our current options. I think it'd be a good idea if we also tried to sign another forward with a different skillet to Costa.

You have to admit his chance in the 2nd half had Torres written all over it.. Fantastic, perfectly weighted ball. Bad first touch, ball got stuck under his feet, scuffs the eventual shot which got deflected wide.

I'm not saying he had a good game today but IMO he shouldn't even have started, he's obviously not fully fit and is lacking that sharpness after a tough long season with Atletico and a series of injuries towards the end of last season.

Honestly wouldn't put much weight behind the two performances at all because Spain in general were awful and I've seen what a sharp DC can do on a regular basis for Atletico.

I have no worries because I watched him a lot (and Atletico in general, at least 30 times all together over the last two seasons) so I know exactly how good he can be and knowing the player he is I'm very sure he'll translate himself to the PL well.