Diego Costa

Spike

Costa is a great signing for us. The guy is recovering from an injury and a LONG TOUGH season. Same as most of the Spanish players and players who play for Barca, Real, and Atletico. Iniesta looks tired, Ramos, Xavi, Pique,....everyone. Even Contrao and Christiano looked very tired and still need recovery. I think we should take it easy, and not get ahead of ourselves. I mean the players haven't had a rest yet and for crying out loud the season hasn't started yet. How about we judge our players after they play for us a decent amount of games for a change?

Post more often please.

Tbh i can't blame anyone overeating because of the psychological trauma Torres has caused, but it has to stop.

I don't really care how he played tonight, don't try to analyse, because the whole team sucked big time. I even don't really care to watch again how he played for Atletico.

The deal is done apparently. I trust our medical team very much these days. He simply fits the profile and the style of striker we need and we are expected to have quality players around him. End of story, see you in August.

Enough blah blah blahing. Everyone is saying the same stuff for 60 pages. It's pointless to debate that much over a Chelsea player, when he hasn't even played a match for Chelsea yet!

People getting excuses in early for him I see. I see him allow at least 6 months of being crap before being criticized. I want him to succeed here like everyone but so far he hasn't look the same player he was last season. He should have been on at least 2 goals by now

hahahaha! So Far??? Has he even put the Chelsea jersey on yet? You fellas are like virgins on Prom night, don't mug yourself before the big show dude!

Honestly couldn't care about those 2 Spain matches...none of Spain's attack/mid deserved to be judged base off those 2 results...

BUT..coming back to Costa...

Good striker in his own right...but I'm still not sold on how Mourinho decided that he's the best fit for the team...Jose has repeatedly said he's looking for a forward that "can create goals out of nothing" ...or basically the type of striker we don't have....(and that's fully understandable considering how short of ideas our midfield looked at times)...

If you look at a good number of goals scored he has scored this season, you can see that he has been put through on goal with very good service...how many times have we seen our strikers in similar situations? Granted Costa's attacking movement and pace will be eons ahead of our lot, but I doubt he would find that kind of space to run into when playing in our team...not against the majority of PL sides that visit the Bridge.

Anyway, I just hope Fabregas' signals a change in our approach play, meaning Costa or any decent forward that comes in gets the service they thrive on...

Without wanting to sound like a wanker, how many times have you seen him this season? Ive seen him probably 5 times and he's been shit in all 5. Now obviously Spain have been poor so you could perhaps forgive him for that, however surely you can see why there is a concern about him.

Do us a favour and don't watch any Chelsea games when he's signed.

Costa is a great signing for us. The guy is recovering from an injury and a LONG TOUGH season. Same as most of the Spanish players and players who play for Barca, Real, and Atletico. Iniesta looks tired, Ramos, Xavi, Pique,....everyone. Even Contrao and Christiano looked very tired and still need recovery. I think we should take it easy, and not get ahead of ourselves. I mean the players haven't had a rest yet and for crying out loud the season hasn't started yet. How about we judge our players after they play for us a decent amount of games for a change?

FINALLY Someone who is level headed and gets it! Its like people think they are machines! The mental and physical demand to play at such a high level is taxing. No one can sustain such a high standard for that many games...

Honestly couldn't care about those 2 Spain matches...none of Spain's attack/mid deserved to be judged base off those 2 results...

BUT..coming back to Costa...

Good striker in his own right...but I'm still not sold on how Mourinho decided that he's the best fit for the team...Jose has repeatedly said he's looking for a forward that "can create goals out of nothing" ...or basically the type of striker we don't have....(and that's fully understandable considering how short of ideas our midfield looked at times)...

If you look at a good number of goals scored he has scored this season, you can see that he has been put through on goal with very good service...how many times have we seen our strikers in similar situations? Granted Costa's attacking movement and pace will be eons ahead of our lot, but I doubt he would find that kind of space to run into when playing in our team...not against the majority of PL sides that visit the Bridge.

Anyway, I just hope Fabregas' signals a change in our approach play, meaning Costa or any decent forward that comes in gets the service they thrive on...

Yes but he also does this...

Don't rate the main guys at WAGNH tbh, they have some sort of agenda against anyone that doesn't agree with their opinion (i.e. go as far as actually deleting comments that aren't in form with their opinion). They've got some decent writers there but honestly don't rate that website too much. Opinions on here are a lot more diversified and aren't deleted.

truer words have not been uttered

Be patient everyone. Relax. As many have stated, so many top players have looked absolutely exhausted, especially Spain. Costa is an upgrade. Period. Are there better strikers? Sure. But definitely a big improvement. Once Fabregas gets the midfield moving, all will fall into place up front. Let's not turn Costa into Torres before he even signs :D

Its a shame he destroyed his international career. Sometimes you make wrong decisions.

Is unbelievable he choose Spain instead of Brazil. I bet he will never play for Spain again, and perhaps this was his last WC, because Spain won't even be playing in next tournament.

Be patient everyone. Relax. As many have stated, so many top players have looked absolutely exhausted, especially Spain. Costa is an upgrade. Period. Are there better strikers? Sure. But definitely a big improvement. Once Fabregas gets the midfield moving, all will fall into place up front. Let's not turn Costa into Torres before he even signs :D

And the better ones cost double what Costa will be sold for. We're getting a very good striker right before he becomes a top 5 striker... I don't know why people care so much about how shit Spain looked with him in the team, bottom line for me is when he is recharged we're getting a striker who scores with every part of his anatomy! If we wait a year or two before we buy him the price doubles.

Yeah I had a couple of my comments deleted by them after I pointed out their spelling mistakes when naming our youth players. I usually don't care but their tone is usually so condescending that I wanted to remind them they aren't perfect either.

At least 2 d-bags on WAGNH for sure. Don't really need to visit there with the Mirror, Express, BBC, Marca, Bild, twitter, and this forum anyway. After their doucheyness, I'd prefer not giving them any web traffic.

I'm past being concerned about Costa; just need to think about who the backup with be for us next season.

The only thing I was thinking on Costa today was that he might just become disinterested in Spain entirely for the future, which might work well for us.

D-Bag -1 : Steve Schmidt

D-Bag - 2: David Pastzor

Jake Cohen is the only guy on WAGNH who is a confirmed non-Dbag for me.

They collectively seek to warn and ban all people who bring negativity to their forum, but I think they've ended up with a crowd yesmen. It's all for the sake of creating a positive website and getting as much webtraffic they can.