Starting XI for Next Season

nono

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people are putting players that aren't even Chelsea players into their starting XI. I can understand, Luis, Costa, Tiago because they seem like done deals but Pogba? Khedira? What's the point of that?

Anyways, Jose loves the 4-2-3-1 but with Cesc not sure how we can play that 4-2-3-1. He can play deeper in the midfield but surely the pivot would be too deep? I'm not yet convinced he'll be effective in the double pivot. I'm going for a 4-3-3.

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Matic

Oscar/Ramires - Cesc

Willian - Costa - Hazard

People need to calm down the Zouma hype, the guy got outperformed and was benched at ASSE. He is no Varane, at this point i think his potential is Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa or Sahko. Zouma might be up there with Varane athletically and i might even give him an edge, but Varane is absolutely on a another galaxy with his understanding of the game and maturity.

He will also get absolutely get overrated by a few cameos, where he will put in a few hard tackles. Knowing how much of a hard on some have for hard sliding tackles.

Down want be a downer, but some need to come down to earth.

Good to know. :D

I just ain't that convicted with Luis to be honest, and A.Madrid are playing hard ball aswell.

You're saying you are not convicted with Luis, yet you put Rojo in your squad. Rojo plays for Sporting CP, and hasn't even performed well enough in the WC for a club of Chelsea's quality to sign him. Even if he did, we couldn't risk buying an unproven player at club level only based on his WC performances. Luis, meanwhile, was arguably the best LB in the world last season.

My starting XI would be:

Courtois

Dave - Terry - Cahill - Filipe Luis

Matic

Ramires - Fabregas

Schurrle - Costa - Hazard

I think people need to be a bit realistic about what Jose Mourinho (he's the Chelsea manager) will select to start away to Burnley. I'd be very surprised if Ivanovic didn't start and anyone not selecting Cahill and Terry as starting centre-backs (Zouma lolololololololololol.....no) is having a laugh.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Fabregas Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Could even see Ramires or Tiago starting because Burnley will be up for a fight in their first game. Can't see Jose messing around too much with the back four when we have two much more comfortable home matches to introduce Luis to the league.

Bit boring but first day of the season is about getting three points, not blooding youngsters or taking risks.

People need to calm down the Zouma hype, the guy got outperformed and was benched at ASSE. He is no Varane, at this point i think his potential is Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa or Sahko. Zouma might be up there with Varane athletically and i might even give him an edge, but Varane is absolutely on a another galaxy with his understanding of the game and maturity.

He will also get absolutely get overrated by a few cameos, where he will put in a few hard tackles. Knowing how much of a hard on some have for hard sliding tackles.

Down want be a downer, but some need to come down to earth.

Thought he only got benched after he'd signed for us?

I think people need to be a bit realistic about what Jose Mourinho (he's the Chelsea manager) will select to start away to Burnley. I'd be very surprised if Ivanovic didn't start and anyone not selecting Cahill and Terry as starting centre-backs (Zouma lolololololololololol.....no) is having a laugh.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Fabregas Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Could even see Ramires or Tiago starting because Burnley will be up for a fight in their first game. Can't see Jose messing around too much with the back four when we have two much more comfortable home matches to introduce Luis to the league.

Bit boring but first day of the season is about getting three points, not blooding youngsters or taking risks.

This. I get that Zouma is a top prospect but people need to be realistic about including him in our lineup. His first game will probably be a carling cup game or so. If one of Terry or Cahill get injured, God forbid I would expect Jose to play Ivanovic at CB because he is more experienced and don't think Jose wants to take risks at this stage. Furthermore leaving Cahill out our line up is a huge disrespect to him. He was in the PFA team of the season last year for a reason and was excellent throughout last season. He is one of the first name on the team sheets.

You're saying you are not convicted with Luis, yet you put Rojo in your squad. Rojo plays for Sporting CP, and hasn't even performed well enough in the WC for a club of Chelsea's quality to sign him. Even if he did, we couldn't risk buying an unproven player at club level only based on his WC performances. Luis, meanwhile, was arguably the best LB in the world last season.

My starting XI would be:

Courtois

Dave - Terry - Cahill - Filipe Luis

Matic

Ramires - Fabregas

Schurrle - Costa - Hazard

Luis was better than Alaba?!

His price tag is the issue for me. £20m for someone almost thirty.

Im wondering what's happening regarding Oscar, the Pogba rumours are slowly hotting up and you know what they say, no smoke without fire.

If that happens that will mean Cesc would be number ten or the most advanced midfielder in a 4 3 3. Whatever happens im fine with.
----------------Courtois/Cech-----------
Iva/Azpi-----Cahill------JT-----Luis/Azpi
-------Matic----------Pogba/Cesc-------
Willian/Schurrle---Cesc/Oscar---Hazard
---------------------Costa----------------
Rest of squad from- Schwarzer, Blackman (if one of our keepers leave) Zouma, Ake, Rami, MVG, Tiago, Mikel (if he stays), Salah, Aubamayeng.
That would be a perfectly balanced squad imo (maybe an extra defender) in terms off playing style and youth/expierence.

Luis was better than Alaba?!

His price tag is the issue for me. £20m for someone almost thirty.

He's a very good defensive left-back, but that's essentially like every player we've got in the defense line: they can all defend but add nothing going forward.

Luis has 2 assists in the league which is pretty low.

Anyway, deal is done, so that's pretty much it. Now, we will see who is going to start and we happen to have 5 senior players for 4 positions. Not even counting Zouma if he produces something good in his first season, unlikely, but in the real of possibility.

Interesting times ahead.

He's a very good defensive left-back, but that's essentially like every player we've got in the defense line: they can all defend but add nothing going forward.

Luis has 2 assists in the league which is pretty low.

Anyway, deal is done, so that's pretty much it. Now, we will see who is going to start and we happen to have 5 senior players for 4 positions. Not even counting Zouma if he produces something good in his first season, unlikely, but in the real of possibility.

Interesting times ahead.

Very true. I hope Luis can surprise us all!

Schwarzer - Bertrand, Aké, Zouma, Kalas - Ramires, Mikel, van Ginkel - Piazon, Bamford, Salah.

Haha, that was meant to be a pisstake, but that would actually be a feasible side to play in the COC against shit teams like Swindon or Arsenal.