Starting XI for Next Season

nono

Why no Cahill?

Mainly because Centre back is one of the safest positions to develop a player, especially in a well organised side like this one. So with a hot prospect like Zouma, I'd like to see Mourinho take a chance on him.. plus, Cahill would still get plenty of game time with a 33 year old JT.

I don't think much on this site has made me cringe more than that.

Then you need to get a sense of perspective, because I once read a bushman post..

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I hate this kind of topic every pre-season.

Probably the starting line-up in the beginning of the season will be way different from what we will see at the end of it.

I bet in the winter market Mourinho will buy another buy to fix a weak point in the squad...

What's more exciting about this thread is realizing the amount of options we have right now. When I first joined the forum, Mazacar was pretty much immutable and we had like no options for pivot. We saw a lot of Ramires - Mikel IIRC. And our strikers back then... HAHAHAHA. Well, let's skip this part.

To think now we got a midfield of Fabregas, Matic, Hazard, Willian, Schürrle, Oscar, Salah, Van Ginkel, Mikel, Ramires... possibly Pogba. Just let it sink for a moment. There are just so many ways we can build it, we have it all right now. We can build the midfield pretty much in any way we want, defensive, offensive, slow, fast, based on possession, based on directness, based on pressing. Our defense looks very good too. Terry is still a solid CB, Ivanovic is a beast and I fucking love him, Cahill has proved he can be a good CB, Zouma has every tool to become a top CB in the future and so does Aké. Azpi was the steal of the year when we bought him, probably even better than Fabregas in the bang-for-buck ratio, and Luis has everything to succeed on the left. Courtois is amazing and so is Cech. If Costa doesn't flop this is probably the best squad I've ever seen Chelsea have since the times of young Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba e Co.

And the icing on the cake is we've got Mourinho with us. We've come a long way in these past years, I'm really confident we have a real chance in every tournament if Mourinho makes the right choices, and knowing Mourinho he probably will.

This wall of text is meant to conceal the fact that I'm having trouble coming up with the best line-up.

With the current squad, perhaps:

--------------Courtois-----------------

-Azp---Terry---Cahill----Ivanovic--

--------Matic--------Fabregas---------

--Willian / schurrle--Oscar-----Hazard--

-----------------Costa--------------------

?

If we really are going back to 4-3-3, I think Ramires can play an important role for us again, and actually contribute.

Courtois

Azpi Zouma Terry Luis

Matic

Fabregas Ramires

Willian Costa Hazard

Cahill??? Yes, agree bout Ramires. Unlike some think he will prove to be a valuable player.

My starting XI should we get the players we are rumoured with -

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Terry Rojo

Matic Pogba

Cesc

Schurrle (Would like Salah to stake a claim) Costa Hazard

Replace Rojo with Filipe Luis and I totally agree with your team