Starting XI for Next Season

nono

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you have starting lineups for an entire season? Lineups are for matches, squads are for seasons. Obviously you'd have key players in those squads who will be relied on more but lineups depend on form, fitness and obviously the opponent.

How can you have starting lineups for an entire season? Lineups are for matches, squads are for seasons. Obviously you'd have key players in those squads who will be relied on more but lineups depend on form, fitness and obviously the opponent.

The starting lineups aren't for the entire season....it's more along the lines of what everyone feels will be the 'preferred XI/ strongest XI' next season (without accounting for injuries, form, opponent)

Oh look. Dr Serious has just got into the house. Run everybody. Run...

Vs the small teams

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Zouma - Luis

Matic

Fabregas - Oscar

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Vs the top teams

Courtois
Azpilicueta - Cahill - Terry - Luis
Ramires - Matic
Willian - Fabregas/Oscar - Hazard
Costa

Vs the small teams

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Zouma - Luis

Matic

Fabregas - Oscar

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Vs the top teams

Courtois
Azpilicueta - Cahill - Terry - Luis
Ramires - Matic
Willian - Fabregas/Oscar - Hazard
Costa

Don't think there's any point in trying to suggest a team vs the smaller teams and one vs the big teams TBH. I mean, it's not like Mourinho specifically played the 4-2-3-1 against the smaller teams last season and then switched to 4-3-3 when playing the top teams. He'll assess the circumstances and decide which is best to use. Against the top 7 last season, only thrice he started with the 4-3-3 in 12 matches - against Arsenal(A), Tottenham(H) and Liverpool(A). And let's not even forget he set us up in the 4-3-3 away against West Ham, one of the lesser teams, and won with ease.

Don't think there's any point in trying to suggest a team vs the smaller teams and one vs the big teams TBH. I mean, it's not like Mourinho specifically played the 4-2-3-1 against the smaller teams last season and then switched to 4-3-3 when playing the top teams. He'll assess the circumstances and decide which is best to use. Against the top 7 last season, only thrice he started with the 4-3-3 in 12 matches - against Arsenal(A), Tottenham(H) and Liverpool(A). And let's not even forget he set us up in the 4-3-3 away against West Ham, one of the lesser teams, and won with ease.

And in none of those matches did Oscar play in the 2nd band... I don't know why people think that now because we have Cesc it means Oscar falls back into the CM.

Considering we also buy Costa and Luis, the formations above pretty much say how we should play next year.

But there are few things known to Mou only:

1.) Will he drop Ivanovic who is still very good in defence?

=I guess he will because both Azpi (Mou praised him) and Luis are very good in defending, but also much much better in attack than Iva. There is always option to close down with playing Iva in certain games.

2.) Will Ramires stay in starting eleven (if he stays in club)?

= I think not because his form is very poor. Top Ramires would definately get spot ahead of Oscar (because Mou favours such type of player), playing next to Cesc and Matic. But current Ramires is realy bad and Oscar (should he regain form) will be ahead no doubt.

3.) Who will play on wings?

= Definite starters should be Hazard and Schurrle (if he has good WC). But since both play on same side best, unless Hazard gets moved into middle, Hazard and Willian will continue playing on wings, while Schurrle will stay on bench or right side.

4.) Endless discussion Cech or Courtois...

Thats pretty much it, it will depend heavily on who we sell and buy.

There are few players (who could play in first 11) that might leave the club:

-Oscar

-Cech

-Ramires

And there are few players Mou could still be interested (if we sell Oscar, Ramires):

-Pogba/Vidal/Witsel/other CM/Dm

-Varane/Benatia/Mangala/other CB

-Di Maria/Sanchez/Griezmann/....

While Cesc-Matic-Oscar gives new dimension in attack, it leaves Oscar with even less freedom because Cesc isnt as hard worker as Ramires was, while Matic would become only real DM there and would have more restricted role. Thats why there is posibility that Mou might want to sell Oscar and Ramires to get Pogba or someone, but thats just speculation. I like Oscar and I hope things work out well, without selling him.

As always WC will give few new football stars (like Ozil, Muller, Khedira,...last WC) and Mou might try to get one or two like he did back in Real with Ozil and Khedira.

I genuinely hope we dont sell Lukaku aswell.

The point i was making is we only need 1 DM (Matic) v the smaller teams and Ramires - Matic pivot against the top teams.

The point i was making is we only need 1 DM (Matic) v the smaller teams and Ramires - Matic pivot against the top teams.

But the two teams you stated were lined up in different formations and even then, not sure why people always think just because we play the pivot, it's always 2 DMs.

Hmm, let's see what would happen if I could have my way with the team:

Cech/Schwarzer

Azpilicueta/Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry/Zouma - Shaw/Bertrand

Ramires/Mikel - Matic

Willian/Salah - Oscar/Fabregas - Hazard/Schurrle

Costa/Torres/Ba

Hmm, let's see what would happen if I could have my way with the team:

Cech/Schwarzer

Azpilicueta/Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry/Zouma - Shaw/Bertrand

Ramires/Mikel - Matic

Willian/Salah - Oscar/Fabregas - Hazard/Schurrle

Costa/Torres/Ba

Ramires/Mikel in the pivot? Please god no.

What about moving Oscar back onto the right wing? He played there when we had Mata and Hazard, and was fantastic there for Brazil (motm).

Not under Mourinho. Has already said he doesn't want Oscar to be chasing the fullback up and down the flanks.