Premier League thread

Jase

Five of our league fixtures between December and January have been moved for live TV coverage - Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham, Southampton and Tottenham.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/Oct%2014/five-games-moved-for-tv.html

Stoke City v Chelsea, now 8pm on Monday 22 December, live on Sky Sports

Chelsea v West Ham United, now 12.45pm on Friday 26 December, live on Sky Sports

Southampton v Chelsea, now 2.05pm on Sunday 28 December, live on Sky Sports

That's three games in 6 days and only two days between West Ham and Southampton. Surely that's not correct?

Stoke City v Chelsea, now 8pm on Monday 22 December, live on Sky Sports

Chelsea v West Ham United, now 12.45pm on Friday 26 December, live on Sky Sports

Southampton v Chelsea, now 2.05pm on Sunday 28 December, live on Sky Sports

That's three games in 6 days and only two days between West Ham and Southampton. Surely that's not correct?

It is. Just the congested Christmas schedule, usually happens.

Thanks BT for a 1245 kick off at the other end of the country again you muppets. Looks like the annual Stoke piss up is going out the window this year too.

It is. Just the congested Christmas schedule, usually happens.

Thanks BT for a 1245 kick off at the other end of the country again you muppets. Looks like the annual Stoke piss up is going out the window this year too.

It's even worse if you include the New Year day games and the FA Cup 3rd round. Add those two in and we'll have 5 matches in 14 days!

Mon 22nd Dec - Stoke (A)

Fri 26th Dec - West Ham (H)

Sun 28th Dec - Southampton (A)

Thu 1st Jan - Tottenham (A)

Sat/Sun 3rd/4th Jan - FA Cup third round

At least 3 tough away matches in there. Eeeek!

Looks like they are discussing playing games abroad again. They can sod off, there's a clue in the name English Premier League. Just another step towards taking the game away from normal fans

NFL does it in England.

So I see no problem.

To me what would make more sense is playing a cup final somewhere else like the meaningless charity shield.

ENGLISH premier League.

Only reason a lot of people want it is because there are so many Fans in Asia etc now...

I'm sorry In my opinion if you want to see Chelsea, you should pay good money like the rest of us, and visit the HOME of Chelsea!

ENGLISH premier League.

Only reason a lot of people want it is because there are so many Fans in Asia etc now...

I'm sorry In my opinion if you want to see Chelsea, you should pay good money like the rest of us, and visit the HOME of Chelsea!

Why?

ENGLISH premier League.

One match out of 50-60, not a big deal in my opinion. Most Asian/American fans want to visit the Bridge anyway...

ENGLISH premier League.

So you think they'll sell tickets for peanuts if they host of the games in the States or Asia?

The EPL became a global thing at least a decade ago. One game abroad could only work positively for the development of the PL. Petty sure most here didn't complain when NBA decided to host games in London.

Besides like nyikolajevics said, its no big deal, just 1 game a season and probably won't happen anyway.

Five of our league fixtures between December and January have been moved for live TV coverage - Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham, Southampton and Tottenham.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/Oct%2014/five-games-moved-for-tv.html

again the majority of our televised games are away....this has been going for years.....anyone else noticed this.

I bet man utd or liverpool don`t get this.

ENGLISH premier League.

Seriously!!!!

The last time I checked there are Chelsea fans combined across global are much much more than what are there in UK and like everyone mentioned it above ... One game is not going to make a difference to those staying in UK but it might make a huge difference to the ever growing fanbase in which ever country the match would be played in ...

Just because your lucky to be in the same geography (something which I would surely envy, I m sure every Chelsea fan staying away would) where you can go and visit the "HOME" of Chelsea doesnt mean we dont want to be there ... Never push your luck :P ..

FA could send England on tour if NFL franchise comes to Wembley ESPN FC http://es.pn/fcapp

If NFL is doing it, then the EPL can do it.

But like I said it's easier to start with a cup final game like charity shield, and carling cup final.

Two cups that not many people give a damn about.