Premier League thread

Jase

How?

Look below.

And yet plenty of people still watch it and revenue is increasing like crazy.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say, do you? I'm saying the game is ran by money now (it has been for over 10 years, but its been getting worse over time). No loyalty, no culture to the game anymore. If they start playing Premier League games outside of England then it will be painfully obvious that the game is dead. They would be catering to the masses of U.S, Asia because of all the money that's over there that they aren't getting right now.

It would be absolutely horrible for the game if this happens.

Look below.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say, do you? I'm saying the game is ran by money now (it has been for over 10 years, but its been getting worse over time). No loyalty, no culture to the game anymore. If they start playing Premier League games outside of England then it will be painfully obvious that the game is dead. They would be catering to the masses of U.S, Asia because of all the money that's over there that they aren't getting right now.

It would be absolutely horrible for the game if this happens.

And like I said, people still pay plenty of money to watch it in HD and all that stuff.

The sport is not dead it's alive, just like a lot of sports. And milking them is what the smart money does.

And like I said, people still pay plenty of money to watch it in HD and all that stuff.

The sport is not dead it's alive, just like a lot of sports. And milking them is what the smart money does.

....you still don't get what I'm trying to say. English football cares more about the people who'd rather watch a match, on TV on their armchair and pay to watch matches at home(usually these fans are in North America or Asia and will probably never ever see their team play at their stadium) more than fans who pay for season tickets, the matchgoing fans. Reason being that there a lot more fans that fall in the former category (like, a lot) so there is more $$$$ over there.

The sport is dead, its lost all romanticism, all culture, the game is run by money. And you've basically admitted that all these non matchgoing fans are tools to gain more money in your last sentence

....you still don't get what I'm trying to say. English football cares more about the people who'd rather watch a match, on TV on their armchair and pay to watch matches at home(usually these fans are in North America or Asia and will probably never ever see their team play at their stadium) more than fans who pay for season tickets, the matchgoing fans. Reason being that there a lot more fans that fall in the former category (like, a lot) so there is more $$$$ over there.

The sport is dead, its lost all romanticism, all culture, the game is run by money. And you've basically admitted that all these non matchgoing fans are tools to gain more money in your last sentence

Yes, and yes and yes.

Because of TV, endorsement and such things are what lead to this. And not in this sport but in a lot of sports.

Look at how much the PL is getting from TV deals? More then you can ever get from stadium goers.

So yes, TV audience are of outmost important in this modern world.

ENGLISH premier League.

Only reason a lot of people want it is because there are so many Fans in Asia etc now...

I'm sorry In my opinion if you want to see Chelsea, you should pay good money like the rest of us, and visit the HOME of Chelsea!

i have been saving money for the last four years in hope one day i can afford to come to bridge and watch chelsea play... but its easier said than done my friend... i understand your fustration but dont you think you have been extremely lucky .........imo if they are gonna do this then they should only shift an away match..

if this happens its basically confirmed that football is dead. this is clearly just for the money, football lost its soul a long time ago

everything in this world is about milking money out of it.... but the soul isnt dead imo... look at ppl like us at both ends of the world sitting n discussing about 'our' club....

the soul may be exploited but u cant kill the spirit football infuses in ppl... can bet most of us @ the stadium or at their homes in their armchairs had shaired both the pains and gains of this club together at the same time.... and just for information, most chelsea games come in HD channels if there are more than 2 big teams playing and most of us had to subscribe seperately for it and its almost the double then....its a lot of money for a lot of ppl..... i know this cant be compared with ppl buying tickets and going to the stadiums to support their teams but we are trying to do our bit however small it might be.... :)

It's even worse if you include the New Year day games and the FA Cup 3rd round. Add those two in and we'll have 5 matches in 14 days!

Mon 22nd Dec - Stoke (A)

Fri 26th Dec - West Ham (H)

Sun 28th Dec - Southampton (A)

Thu 1st Jan - Tottenham (A)

Sat/Sun 3rd/4th Jan - FA Cup third round

At least 3 tough away matches in there. Eeeek!

Gana say seems normal Christmas fixtures are usually pretty shit but still...bleh..hate that period!!

So is the overseas game just a meaning less game otherwise who decides who plays who?Daft idea and daft if it goes ahead

It's even worse if you include the New Year day games and the FA Cup 3rd round. Add those two in and we'll have 5 matches in 14 days!

Mon 22nd Dec - Stoke (A)

Fri 26th Dec - West Ham (H)

Sun 28th Dec - Southampton (A)

Thu 1st Jan - Tottenham (A)

Sat/Sun 3rd/4th Jan - FA Cup third round

At least 3 tough away matches in there. Eeeek!

That's fuck all compared to 2012/13 when we were negotiating FA Cup and Europa League matches and playing Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday every week.

i have been saving money for the last four years in hope one day i can afford to come to bridge and watch chelsea play... but its easier said than done my friend... i understand your fustration but dont you think you have been extremely lucky .........imo if they are gonna do this then they should only shift an away match..

everything in this world is about milking money out of it.... but the soul isnt dead imo... look at ppl like us at both ends of the world sitting n discussing about 'our' club....

the soul may be exploited but u cant kill the spirit football infuses in ppl... can bet most of us @ the stadium or at their homes in their armchairs had shaired both the pains and gains of this club together at the same time.... and just for information, most chelsea games come in HD channels if there are more than 2 big teams playing and most of us had to subscribe seperately for it and its almost the double then....its a lot of money for a lot of ppl..... i know this cant be compared with ppl buying tickets and going to the stadiums to support their teams but we are trying to do our bit however small it might be.... :)

Let me ask you this first.. are you okay with being used as a tool just to gain money?

And to the part in bold, yes, yes you can. Have you ever seen a Newcastle fan before?

Let me ask you this first.. are you okay with being used as a tool just to gain money?

And to the part in bold, yes, yes you can. Have you ever seen a Newcastle fan before?

before i say anything i dont agree to the fact that a PL match should be played somewhere in asia or america..... thats just stupid!(do they even know of the effect of humidity and heat on players?!!).... that said i wont mind a friendly btw PL teams or some new cup tournament for this purpose...an idea already being tried !!

"tool to gain money"!!.... really?! football is the biggest sport oriented buisness in the world.....and at what point do you think they stopped thinking about increasing their profits?!

we are all in their net!!

In the states, the shit teams go to London and play the NFL games every year....

Also, the biggest club here is United, than Arsenal/Liverpool.

I think next batch is Spurs and Chelsea...

Chelsea is the 2nd biggest club in England right now. Globally.

LOL. Second biggest club....

Im sure Chelsea fanbase is greater than Cristiano's facebook page.

Right now, Liverpool and Arsenal are nowhere near as relevent or competitive as Chelsea. Man U is bigger globally, but no one else. And Spurs on the same level as Chelse? LMAOOOOOOO!

Right now, Liverpool and Arsenal are nowhere near as relevent or competitive as Chelsea. Man U is bigger globally, but no one else. And Spurs on the same level as Chelse? LMAOOOOOOO!

Are you retarded. Do you know how many Liverpool/arsenal fans they have in india and the rest of asia. Where do you get this notion that chelsea is the second most popular club in the world.

In the USA, Chelsea is not even top 3 in terms of popularity. Doesnt matter if Chelsea is the best team in the epl, City was never in top 3 in terms of popularity globally or in the USA.

Are you retarded. Do you know how many Liverpool/arsenal fans they have in india and the rest of asia. Where do you get this notion that chelsea is the second most popular club in the world.

In the USA, Chelsea is not even top 3 in terms of popularity. Doesnt matter if Chelsea is the best team in the epl, City was never in top 3 in terms of popularity globally or in the USA.

No, I don't think I am. I also don't know the number of, apparently countless fans, in India/Asia. Enlighten me?

Considering Chelsea have been one of the most successful clubs in world football for the better part of a decade I would think they are a very popular club. According to you though, Chelsea have no fans in Asia or USA.