Premier League thread

Jase

• 2 weeks later...

So Paddy has already paid out £400k on Chelsea to win the league? after 11 games?? That's a little presumptuous in my opinion. If we get to January unscathed I believe the title is ours but there are 9 games (not including CL or COC) before that and no time to rest nagging injuries. Here's how it shapes up for Chelsea and the competition between now and January

West Brom, Nov. 22nd - Stamford Bridge

Sunderland, Nov 29th - Stadium of Light

Tottenham, Dec. 3rd - Stamford Bridge

Newcastle, Dec 6th - St. James Park(One of my least favourite fixtures, always seems to be an early kickoff!)

Hull City, Dec. 13th - Stamford Bridge

Stoke City, Dec 22nd - Britannia Stadium

West Ham, Dec 26th - Stamford Bridge

Southampton, Dec 28th - St Mary's

MAN CITY

Swansea, Nov. 22nd - Etihad

Southampton, Nov. 29th - St. Mary's

Sunderland, Dec. 3rd - Stadium of Light

Everton, Dec. 6th - Etihad

Leicester, Dec 13th - King Power

Crystal Palace, Dec. 20th - Etihad

West Brom, Dec. 26th - Hawthorns

Burnley, Dec. 28th - Etihad

I should consider Southampton and I might do so after the game against City on the 29th. Having said that this next period of games will be tricky to navigate. I never like playing Newcastle at St. James with that early kickoff, we always start so lethargic and have no rhythm. Same can be said for Stoke at Britannia! Its just one of those games when you look at it you can't really formulate an idea of how we're going to play and whether or not it will be successful. West Ham on boxing day is also a potential banana skin... Derby, Allardyce, Christmas, it is a worry for sure. So 4 of the next 8 games are against teams that gave us problems last year in Sunderland, West Brom and the aforementioned West Ham and Newcastle, there is potential there to slip.

Conversely, City have a relatively easy run of games of this period. If they can navigate the next two fixtures, Swansea and Southampton, the only game that could cause some worry is Everton at Etihad. For the most part they should be taking maximum points in at least 5 of the next 8.

Worst case scenario, Chelsea take 16pts out of a possible 24 giving us 45 points by January. If this plays out we aren't Champions yet... City, if my prognostication is correct, can take 17pts out of 24 and be on 38pts, not great but still well within striking distance! Remember in both cases this is what I envision as being the worst case, I fully expect City to get around 20pts and for Chelsea to grab more than 16. The point I'm trying to illustrate is I feel there is a greater risk for Chelsea to drop points through this period than there is for City given the fixture list. If we emerge from this period with 20 pts or more we're without a doubt in my mind gonna be champions.

This is just my stupid little analysis of our next chunk of games, I fully expect Jose Mourinho, our ace in the hole, to be focussing on one game at a time, he's not the type to look too far ahead. Jose is without a doubt the best manager in the Prem and the advantage we carry over the many who trail us. He knows how to win and will have the squad will up for this period... IF the results go our way we will be Champions in May!

Carefree.

Our 04/05 and 14/15 combined XI, according to Squawka. Thoughts?e28743d3473e6a8f47c65fd40220af75.jpg

Obviously they messed up with Cole, but whatever.

Really cringe when ever I see Robben ahead of Duff.

He is there solely based on name, Duff has given us far more than glass legs Robben.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think its too early to start discussing the finer points of the Premier League Title race do you?

Gonna try and update this as we go.

CHELSEA - 52pts Games - 22 Record 16 - 4 - 2 GF - 51 GA - 19 GD +32

MAN CITY - 47pts Games - 22 Record 14 - 5 - 3 GF - 45 GA - 22 GD +23

SOUTHAMPTON - 42pts Games - 22 Record 13 - 3 - 6 GF - 37 GA - 16 GD +21

MANCHESTER - 40pts Games - 22 Record 11 - 7 - 4 GF - 36 GA - 21 GD +15

ARSENAL - 39pts Games - 22 Record 11 - 6 - 5 GF - 39 GA - 25 GD +14

TOTTENHAM - 37pts Games - 22 Record 11 - 4 - 7 GF - 32 GA - 30 GD +2

WEST HAM - 36pts Games - 22 Record 10 - 6 - 6 GF - 35 GA - 25 GD +10

LIVERPOOL - 35pts Games - 22 Record 10 - 5 - 7 GF - 31 GA - 27 GD +4

NEXT 5 GAMES FOR CHELSEA

ManCity - H Aston Villa - A Everton - H Burnley - H Leicester - A

NEXT 5 GAMES FOR MAN CITY

Chelsea - A Hull - H Stoke - A Newcastle - H Liverpool - A

I don't think its too early to start discussing the finer points of the Premier League Title race do you?

Gonna try and update this as we go.

CHELSEA - 52pts Games - 22 Record 16 - 4 - 2 GF - 51 GA - 19 GD +32

MAN CITY - 47pts Games - 22 Record 14 - 5 - 3 GF - 45 GA - 22 GD +23

SOUTHAMPTON - 42pts Games - 22 Record 13 - 3 - 6 GF - 37 GA - 16 GD +21

MANCHESTER - 40pts Games - 22 Record 11 - 7 - 4 GF - 36 GA - 21 GD +15

ARSENAL - 39pts Games - 22 Record 11 - 6 - 5 GF - 39 GA - 25 GD +14

TOTTENHAM - 37pts Games - 22 Record 11 - 4 - 7 GF - 32 GA - 30 GD +2

WEST HAM - 36pts Games - 22 Record 10 - 6 - 6 GF - 35 GA - 25 GD +10

LIVERPOOL - 52pts Games - 22 Record 10 - 5 - 7 GF - 31 GA - 27 GD +4

NEXT 5 GAMES FOR CHELSEA

ManCity - H Aston Villa - A Everton - H Burnley - H Leicester - A

NEXT 5 GAMES FOR MAN CITY

Chelsea - A Hull - H Stoke - A Newcastle - H Liverpool - A

Merged with the Premier League Thread.

The table is a good idea, though. Maybe we can have @Jason, edit his OP here and edit it after each round?

The table is a good idea, though. Maybe we can have @Jason, edit his OP here and edit it after each round?

All good brother didn't see it.

Ya @Jason could you just keep this current?

All good brother didn't see it.

Ya @Jason could you just keep this current?

Just wandering, any point with having the league table here when people could just check on other websites?