Mehdi Benatia

Namika

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he was just made captain so you would expect him to at least stay for 1 more season.

Fabregas was captain at Arsenal, Thiago Silva was made captain a week before he went to PSG. Being captain doesn't mean that a player will stay, it only guarantees that the team want him to stay.

Was Götze available when he got sold? Try for better options and if none want to come here then go for Benatia. We should atleast try for Hummels imo, Dortmund is trying to keep him but that doesn't mean he will stay for sure.

gotze had release clause. does hummels?

Was JT fast in his prime? Was Puyol fast in his prime? You don't have to be fast to be a quality CB bro. Hummels was easily the best CB in the WC.

He's a very good CB, no doubt. But pace is always a great quality for a CB, especially when our pivot guys aren't the fastest players out there. I'd take a great fast CB over a great slow CB any day.

Was JT fast in his prime? Was Puyol fast in his prime? You don't have to be fast to be a quality CB bro. Hummels was easily the best CB in the WC.

I think the game has change a bit since 10 decades ago.

Now we want fast CB like Ramos for the high pressing game that teams are trying to implement.

I think the game has change a bit since 10 decades ago.

Now we want fast CB like Ramos for the high pressing game that teams are trying to implement.

I don't blame you for thinking that at all. Pace is a good quality to have for a CB but players with skills like Hummels don't need to have pace.

I don't blame you for thinking that at all. Pace is a good quality to have for a CB but players with skills like Hummels don't need to have pace.

Depends on the team.....

For Germany, Hummels has a superior team and had a sweeper keeper that is an athletic beast that allowed for slow players like howedes and hummels to play their game and even mertasacker got a few games in.... Three of the slowest cbs...

Neuer was the key for germany.

Puyol was fast and athletic in his prime for a cb....

The reason why Thiago Silva is superior than anyone right now is his athletic attributes paired up with his intangibles.

BTW, I love how everyone always becomes an expert on players in other leagues. If you are not Italian and you are watching 10 Roma games a year, you are probably spending 87% of your waking hours on football. I figured that someone watching all of Chelsea, following the Premier League and CL closely (3 games a week in total) and watching a few other big games in football would watch something like 30,000+ hours on football a year which is about 3 weeks of the year. If you wanted to drop down a level and watch more, who else are you watching? Roma games? Inter games? Athletico games? Bayern games? Juventus games? Porto? Benfica? Ajax? How many games can you watch? It's not possible! It's not just about not being able that much football (unless you are taping games and have zero life at all). I am always very skeptical when people say they watch other leagues in depth. (Unless they are from that country or have a particular tie to it).

A player has to WANT to move. Hummels has given no signal that he's unhappy or looking for a move.

People dont understand that.

I remember people screaming "buy Lewandowski" even though there was never really the slightest chance he was coming to Chelsea for obvious reasons.

BTW, I love how everyone always becomes an expert on players in other leagues. If you are not Italian and you are watching 10 Roma games a year, you are probably spending 87% of your waking hours on football. I figured that someone watching all of Chelsea, following the Premier League and CL closely (3 games a week in total) and watching a few other big games in football would watch something like 30,000+ hours on football a year which is about 3 weeks of the year. If you wanted to drop down a level and watch more, who else are you watching? Roma games? Inter games? Athletico games? Bayern games? Juventus games? Porto? Benfica? Ajax? How many games can you watch? It's not possible! It's not just about not being able that much football (unless you are taping games and have zero life at all). I am always very skeptical when people say they watch other leagues in depth. (Unless they are from that country or have a particular tie to it).

BeiN Sports...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You