I never said Ramires was a bench player or that he'd replace Ramires.

For me he's a straight swap for Mikel. If Ramires goes as well then we should get another player in.

Fabregas, Matic, Song and one of the players your listed and we'd have a very good midfield. Fabregas, Matic, Song and Ramires is still an improvement on last season. We cannot expect world class players to merely sit on the bench for the majority of games.

Its a very small improvement and defenetly not enogh for our targets.

If we get rid of Mikel, why not bring someone from the CMs i mentioned, someone who can actually become a great CM, why should we wait until we also sell Ramires? that doesnt make any sense.

Non of the players i mentioned is considered a "World Class Player" who cant sit on the bench during a long season, except Gundogan (in his prime).

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is quite unlikely that Mikel leaves us this summer. He is the typical perfect player for Jose to close games with adjusted results. If it depends on Jose, Mikel will be with us next season.

I think we are going to sign a good midfielder (Pogba, Gundogan, Imbula, Kondogbia ... or similar) as first choice for our midfield, selling Oscar and, perhaps, also Ramires.

But Alex Song could be a player to complete our squad. Never a signing for our starting eleven. Song is a player with formation in England, as Fabregas or Pogba, and his move may be to cover the minimum quota which requires FA rules about players formed in England.

I think this is the reason for his hypothetical signing.

Regards to ALL.

I think it is quite unlikely that Mikel leaves us this summer. He is the typical perfect player for Jose to close games with adjusted results. If it depends on Jose, Mikel will be with us next season.

I think we are going to sign a good midfielder (Pogba, Gundogan, Imbula, Kondogbia ... or similar) as first choice for our midfield, selling Oscar and, perhaps, also Ramires.

But Alex Song could be a player to complete our squad. Never a signing for our starting eleven. Song is a player with formation in England, as Fabregas or Pogba, and his move may be to cover the minimum quota which requires FA rules about players formed in England.

I think this is the reason for his hypothetical signing.

Regards to ALL.

You think Jose will insist on keeping Mikel and sell Oscar and maybe even Ramires? thats really crazy.

If he's perfect for Jose how come he cant get any starts? even Zouma started vs Man u instead of him.

You think Jose will insist on keeping Mikel and sell Oscar and maybe even Ramires? thats really crazy.

If he's perfect for Jose how come he cant get any starts? even Zouma started vs Man u instead of him.

Hi friend!

I do not say that Mikel is a perfect player for Jose as first choice for our starting eleven. I talk about those matches that we are winning 1-0 and it is 60/65 minute and Jose look at our bench to choose a player for that moment. And that player is Mikel. A player who accepts a secondary role on the team to come off the bench to close games with adjusted results. But never as first choice in our starting eleven.

If Yaya Toure is the perfect player as an example to define the player "box to box", Mikel is the perfect player to describe the player to "close matches With adjusted results." Nothing fancy, he never takes risks, focusing on defense and very tactical discipline. Despite not being a great player, to defend, Mikel is a great player. Not the best, obviously, but to defend without thinking about how to move the ball, Mikel is an acceptable player. Besides, he never protest against have a secondary role.

I have the feeling that Oscar is going to leave this summer. Probably to Juventus with the money that they will receive instead of Pogba (by any team).

About Ramires I have my doubts, but maybe he wants to go to another team to get more minutes. Although I think Ramires is a player who Jose loves ("My Ramires is back").

EDIT. We may sell Oscar and Ramires to finance a big signing for midfield or Right-Winger. And definitely bet on Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the place / role of Oscar.

Regards.

Cheap, home grown, bench player that's better than our current options. Makes complete sense to me.

Im not being really nasty to either Mikel or Rami as theyve both had good times with us but saying that Song is better than our current options doesnt really impress me. The only real plus is that hes homegrown and god knows we are lacking in them (tho I'd throw that rule straight down the plughole myself)

If you would say its because we cant get a better homegrown to upgrade any of our main lads I'd give in and say give him a go. But if we really want to get on in Europe we surely have to set our sights higher than Song.

Alex song's agent says they are talking with English clubs including chelsea and west ham. Source ( md)

So we win the league, and start fishing for players in the garbage?

Homegrown, good passing, good strength, EPL proven, good all around...available for under 10m as I understand? Why we even having this debate? SIGN HIM!

Obviously we should't if we are pursuing other high profile targets, but as a backup plan, he's great.

Read somewhere that City desperately need to sign at least five homegrown players this summer so they will probably offer him insane wages. But at the same time I read yesterday that Alex Song and his family are well settled in London and will favour a move to a London based team.

Homegrown, good passing, good strength, EPL proven, good all around...available for under 10m as I understand? Why we even having this debate? SIGN HIM!

Obviously we should't if we are pursuing other high profile targets, but as a backup plan, he's great.

Is he that strong? I'm sure mikel and matic are stronger. People like witsel and Schneiderlin too.

Also I'm not convinced about his defence , work rate and tactical awareness. And he isn't a goal threat.

I don't think he has much other than good technique.

As I mentioned before, Alex Song is a player who, as Fabregas for example, takes place as a player raised in England for the minimum quota of English or players formed in England.

I think it is quite probable that he is in our plans for this reason. And 5/6 million pounds would be a bargain.

A good signing to complete our squad.

Regards.

Decent squad player that would add to our HG quota. Good business, if we don't get Witsel.

Hi friend!

Totally agree.

But you believe that Song would preclude the arrival of Witsel?

Right now we have: Matic; Fabregas; Oscar; Willian; Ramires; Mikel; RLC, Aké and (maybe) Zouma to play in our midfield.

1. Matic, Fabregas and William are untouchable.

2. Zouma will be centre-back, but can play on midfielder at times (And for me Zouma is untouchable).

3. Oscar and Ramires could be on the market if a really good deal appears.

4. I think Jose will bet strongly on Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

5. Aké will be on loan next season (I trust Ake).

6. And it seems that Mikel might be thinking of leaving us.

I think Jose will sign a TOP midfielder, like Koke, Pogba, Gundogan ... not them, but a player of that profile. And I think Witsel could be that midfielder. He's not a top player,

obviously, but I think he could be a good signing to accompany Matic in midfield if the market does not offer anything better.

Song at the place of Mikel, and Witsel or someone similar to midfield.

I read that Witsel had doubts to come to the Bridge because he wants his place in the starting eleven guaranteed thinking at Euro 2016.

Our midfielders would be: Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Zouma, Oscar (doubt), Ramires (doubt), RLC, Song?, Witsel?. With Mikel and Aké (on loan) out.

By the way. And I insist, William Carvalho would be an interesting option.

Regards.

Is he that strong? I'm sure mikel and matic are stronger. People like witsel and Schneiderlin too.

Also I'm not convinced about his defence , work rate and tactical awareness. And he isn't a goal threat.

I don't think he has much other than good technique.

Can't compare to Mikel and Matic, but I'm surprised that people are under impression Witsel is a strong defensive midfielder. He's more of a good all around mid who's more oriented to technique then strength.

As for Song, when he played for Arse and Barselona, he appeared solid and strong. I admit, I haven't watched him a lot this season, and I'm aware he's probably past his best, but then again, I was never impressed with Mikel's defensive work anyway. Always somehow seemed sleepy and clumsy to me, so I'm fairly sure Song would do better. I make an assumption that he hasn't lost much of his strength since his Barca days, and besides, he's 27 which is actually great for a DM.

If he's a replacement for Mikel leaving then it would be a good bit of business, especially seeing as he's HG and would likely cost less money to buy than we could sell Mikel for (so we'd actually make money).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You