• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/584235/Barcelona-Chelsea-Arsenal-Liverpool-Alex-Song-Transfer-News-Gossip

Did well at West Ham last season. Adds depth to the squad. If Mikel leaves there is obviously a gap open for a new midfielder.

Would block the path for the like of RLC though.

Thoughts?

Homegrown?

Better than Mikel?

6M is not a lot, especially if we get 3-5 for Mikel.

exactly my thinking.

Better than mikel and reinvest money made on mikel sale to fund song sale...

His long ball is still very good and useful.

I'm sure I created a thread about this guy ages ago - definitely worth taking.

Massively underrated at Arsenal and assisted RvP many many times before they both left.

Huge upgrade on Mikel - can be a little reckless at times and is a Red Card potential player - but definitely good enough for a couple of seasons :)

The CM we get this summer (well, we really should) is very important, he's the player who should take Ramires's place in the big games, we can't just settle for Song who we know isn't going to turn out into a great CM, he's just a decent one, not someone we should play next to Matic and Cesc on a regular basis.

Good on the ball and somewhat creative . But needs to arrive alongside someone like gundogan or nainggolan . With ramires and mikel leaving . Doubt he can take our midfield to the next level by himself

Good on the ball and somewhat creative . But needs to arrive alongside someone like gundogan or nainggolan . With ramires and mikel leaving . Doubt he can take our midfield to the next level by himself

ramires is leaving? have not heard any rumor?

song is dead average. he is barely an upgrade on either mikel or rambo. people remember his long ball assists to rvp but hell, arsenal were bitches back then defensively. to add, he is a red card machine. if we want a player who does not block RLC (or any other youth players') "path" then we can surely go for some one like bastian. he is world class and about 5 mil costlier than song. dont think song's the answer to any of our problems.

I dont get it. The only thing thats stood out in the last 3 years is his hair color. He didnt shine at West Ham did he. Is he really Chelsea quality? Cant we get any better?

Cheap, home grown, bench player that's better than our current options. Makes complete sense to me.

Cheap, home grown, bench player that's better than our current options. Makes complete sense to me.

What's with this "Bench Player" thing?

Ramires, a "bench player", started almost every big/tough game for us in the last two seasons, because Mourinho likes to add more body in midfield in certain games, and i think we can all agree we need someone who's better than Ramires for this crucial role. Maybe people just dont get how crucial it is? it seems like it.

Is Song really the player we want for this role? my answer is a huge 'no'. He'll be a good signing only if Mikel AND Ramires are leaving, in that case we need 2 new CMs. When we only need one, it shouldnt be Song, even if he's "better than our current options", like its so hard to find.

Kondogbia, Allan, Schniderlin, Gustavo, Naingolan, Gundogan, Imbula, those are the sort of players we should look at for this role. Song is a good player but thats it, he wasnt at all spectacular for Arsenal, terrible for Barcelona and not very consistent for WHU, and he's not going to get any better.

What's with this "Bench Player" thing?

Ramires, a "bench player", started almost every big/tough game for us in the last two seasons, because Mourinho likes to add more body in midfield in certain games, and i think we can all agree we need someone who's better than Ramires for this crucial role. Maybe people just dont get how crucial it is? it seems like it.

Is Song really the player we want for this role? my answer is a huge 'no'. He'll be a good signing only if Mikel AND Ramires are leaving, in that case we need 2 new CMs. When we only need one, it shouldnt be Song, even if he's "better than our current options", like its so hard to find.

Kondogbia, Allan, Schniderlin, Gustavo, Naingolan, Gundogan, Imbula, those are the sort of players we should look at for this role. Song is a good player but thats it, he wasnt at all spectacular for Arsenal, terrible for Barcelona and not very consistent for WHU, and he's not going to get any better.

I never said Ramires was a bench player or that he'd replace Ramires.

For me he's a straight swap for Mikel. If Ramires goes as well then we should get another player in.

Fabregas, Matic, Song and one of the players your listed and we'd have a very good midfield. Fabregas, Matic, Song and Ramires is still an improvement on last season. We cannot expect world class players to merely sit on the bench for the majority of games.

I never said Ramires was a bench player or that he'd replace Ramires.

For me he's a straight swap for Mikel. If Ramires goes as well then we should get another player in.

Fabregas, Matic, Song and one of the players your listed and we'd have a very good midfield. Fabregas, Matic, Song and Ramires is still an improvement on last season. We cannot expect world class players to merely sit on the bench for the majority of games.

But we need a world class player to actually start. Cesc matic wasn't enough against the best teams

ramires is leaving? have not heard any rumor?

song is dead average. he is barely an upgrade on either mikel or rambo. people remember his long ball assists to rvp but hell, arsenal were bitches back then defensively. to add, he is a red card machine. if we want a player who does not block RLC (or any other youth players') "path" then we can surely go for some one like bastian. he is world class and about 5 mil costlier than song. dont think song's the answer to any of our problems.

I meant , ramires needed to leave for my scenario.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You