Here we go, cheaper alternative as I predicted. Totally against this transfer. Homegrown factor is no factor at all, we don't have problem with this.

Hopefully someone leaked this interest to quicken negotiations in other businesses. City have bigger problems in HG department so they can have him.

I'd only accept this transfer if that has to save money for other big signings.

5m is peanuts for a club of this calibre and you massively underestimate the value of motivation/a new challenge in football. Song was one of the best defensive midfielders in European football in his Arsenal days and looked damn good for West Ham in the 1st half of the last season. He kind of faded away in the 2nd half of the season, don't know what has happened there, could be because West Ham lost their pace as well, but still he is very good player to have on your bench.

Lots of players have looked to be finished before a new, bigger challenge arose and then their motivation levels hit the right marks once again. It could be the case here, he is still at the age where he can rejuvenate his career and add a few more trophies to his tally. Mourinho wouldn't be interested in him just for the homegrown factor I'm sure of it, he's quality and could be useful when needed. And he's also developed a special relationship with Cesc, they are very close, Song calls him "his brother from another mother". Little facts, but they always count in the grand scheme of things.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5m is peanuts for a club of this calibre and you massively underestimate the value of motivation/a new challenge in football. Song was one of the best defensive midfielders in European football in his Arsenal days and looked damn good for West Ham in the 1st half of the last season. He kind of faded away in the 2nd half of the season, don't know what has happened there, could be because West Ham lost their pace as well, but still he is very good player to have on your bench.

Lots of players have looked to be finished before a new, bigger challenge arose and then their motivation levels hit the right marks once again. It could be the case here, he is still at the age where he can rejuvenate his career and add a few more trophies to his tally. Mourinho wouldn't be interested in him just for the homegrown factor I'm sure of it, he's quality and could be useful when needed. And he's also developed a special relationship with Cesc, they are very close, Song calls him "his brother from another mother". Little facts, but they always count in the grand scheme of things.

He was always known for his through balls and intricate passing though. I don't think he has ever been a top "defensive midfielder". Much better at attacking than defending, his Cameroon coach said so.

Although this is not necessarily a bad thing, depending on what we are looking for.

I said I wanted him at the start of the season and if we get him for £5million that's an amazing piece of business.

The guy is a warrior and pretty much dragged West Ham near the top of the table - then he went for the AFCON and picked up a knock IIRC and then struggled to get the heap of shit around him to perform.

West Ham are fucked - relegation candidates IMHO now that Allardyce has gone - so many fans slate the bloke and yet he delivers premiership football consistently for the smaller clubs.

I said I wanted him at the start of the season and if we get him for £5million that's an amazing piece of business.

The guy is a warrior and pretty much dragged West Ham near the top of the table - then he went for the AFCON and picked up a knock IIRC and then struggled to get the heap of shit around him to perform.

West Ham are fucked - relegation candidates IMHO now that Allardyce has gone - so many fans slate the bloke and yet he delivers premiership football consistently for the smaller clubs.

He was left out of the squad for the AFCON and then he announced his retirement from international level. But I agree, maybe that decision disrupted him a little bit, hence that poor 2nd half of the season.

Out of all midfield reinforcements (to replace Mikel) we seem to be targeting, my preference would definitely be Song > Witsel > Dembele. I wouldn't mind either 3 though.

So we seem to be targeting Dembele because of The Sun report?

CM's are a common thing. Better we miss out on Song if we are trying to get Pogba and is a bigger negotiation process.

Thing is, if we miss out on Pogba all the other options are gone and we're left with no one.

Relax, there are awlays options if not this one than the otherone and so on!

Relax indeed, we are talking about Alex freakin song. We are not missing out on much.

Personally think if Monaco makes Moutinho available he would be a great signing. He is one of their highest paid players, with their project it makes sense for them to sell.

Another player i like is Udinese Allan, a very good all around midfielder.

Pizy's right that the number of 'potential targets' for midfield is getting shorter. Some of them are not done deals but - Imbula, Kondogbia (off to Inter), Witsel (Milan), Song (West Ham), Schneiderlin says he's close to join a club, who knows.

But Allan and Moutinho are indeed excellent options, imo better than the midfielders above. Dont think we'll be in for someone like Moutinho though, if Mikel leaves he cant be a back up for DM, so he'll just compete with Oscar.

Pizy's right that the number of 'potential targets' for midfield is getting shorter. Some of them are not done deals but - Imbula, Kondogbia (off to Inter), Witsel (Milan), Song (West Ham), Schneiderlin says he's close to join a club, who knows.

But Allan and Moutinho are indeed excellent options, imo better than the midfielders above. Dont think we'll be in for someone like Moutinho though, if Mikel leaves he cant be a back up for DM, so he'll just compete with Oscar.

Lots of options are out there. It doesn't have to be from to 5 clubs. We've got RLC and Colkett, who in the end, don't look that bad to make the jump if required to.

Lots of options are out there. It doesn't have to be from to 5 clubs. We've got RLC and Colkett, who in the end, don't look that bad to make the jump if required to.

Colkett is a talent but he won't be playing competitvely for the first team for a few years. Seen it before. We got too many CM and some who are better than Colkett who are no way near the team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You