Paulinho

themightyblue

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances created definition (i.e. the most misleading stat ever):

Any pass that leads to a shot (no matter how speculative). That stat does certainly not mean we're creative enough. We've taken the most shots in the league on average - a lot of them are speculative long shots and not real quality chances.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think that our play in general has been great this season and that we've created bucket loads of quality chances and that the only reason we haven't scored more is because we're missing someone clinical up front.

You are right, but we don't need any other "creative" player. You don't need creative players to "create" more chances.

About his quotes, only I fool will see that as any indication he is ruling out a move for Chelsea.

Exactly.

What do people expect him to say to that question? "Yeah, I regret moving to England. Fuck Tottenham!"

While that would be hilarious and probably true, of course he's going to say what he said.

You are right, but we don't need any other "creative" player. You don't need creative players to "create" more chances.

Yes, I didn't mean that either - I know that it's more about the system that's implemented. That post was in mere reference to the people getting misled by the chances created stat, one of the most bogus stats out there because people think chances created = creativity.

• 3 weeks later...

biased Colombian

There genuinely are very few players in the world that can strike a football as well as he can. Look at these. Such clean hits. afridi.gif @Mufassir08 Apparently his nickname is Boom Boom as well :D

Now admittedly that alone is not much of a reason to sign somebody, but if Villa landed him, I'd be delighted. Still, not like Chelsea can't use somebody who can actually consistently twat the ball really hard in a straight line - none of the current squad can do that.

Then what's your excuse? :)

As I said, he is a very good striker of the ball, arguably one of the best in the world. From Chelsea's perspective, it's worth having him around as a squad player - he'll do a job here and there - and provide a very unique challenge for teams with his ability to hit the ball hard. Not many guys can offer that, in fact, being a good striker of the ball today is such a rare skill that managers probably don't even bother drilling their teams on how to deal with somebody who can score from anywhere on the pitch. Because even if a midfielder has that capacity, possession is all the vogue and a low percentage, risky move such as a long shot doesn't fit in with the Guardiola-inspired cowardly style of playing football that is the hallmark of the contemporary generation of the sport.

Jeremy Clarkson once said that 'power and speed will solve everything'. He was right. The best way to defeat possession football is to be overwhelmingly dominant physically - quicker, stronger, more keen to take risks going forward. And so Guarin will definitely offer something different.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You