Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

we missed mata's ingenious creativity yesterday...but whatever .... lets move on to the next step and I think against AM we have the right kind of back three and who knows we might knick it!!!

we have always done bad in matches before CL apparently!!(wierd stat!)

more importantly we have taken a positive step this season unlike the previous 2 despite not a trophy laden season.....and then again we are not done with CL!!

Get what you're saying but if we only setup to be on the defensive and play on the counter, we will lose. Need to show more positive intention than say we did against Galatasaray, PSG and even Basel.

we showed positive intentions against psg and gala. we dominated theball early on but conceded the field in the 2nd half.

i want the teams to go 0-0 at HT. then the onus will be on ATM to change things around and go for the win.

i wont mind a slow and subdued start to the match. just dnt nconcede in the first half. for me, that will be the most critical part.

I don't understand why he wasn't given any minutes yesterday, but oh well. I hope Mourinho doesn't play Luiz at RB because we really need him in midfield.

Luiz might play LB like Ivanovic plays CF. Doing that will be like sacrificing all his attributes. We need him in the center of our midfield.

I think there is a few positions we could be bulking up on in the summer. We need another fullback even if only for backup. We definitely need a striker or two... Or three. We were spoiled for choice for attacking midfielders until the January transfer window. With the departure of Mata and De Brunye, then the drop in form from Oscar, and Hazard being injured we seem to lack creativity. I personally don't think Willian has being playing poorly in the way you say.

He played a good game as the "number 10" against Stoke and then again, a great game against PSG.

He hasn't been playing poorly. I critize Willian for a few things. He is not creative enough and not a good playmaker. His vision is limited and his passes are at the wrong timing. For me he doesn't use his abilities enough. You just watch him, he gets the ball, stands and does nothing. I mean, in a game like this he should try to create much more chances but he is just not doing that. 30+ mill for what??

It's going to be 11 men behind the ball. We most certainly won't be playing to win.

Both teams want to play in the same way: defend and counter attack. So it will be interesting to see which team, if either, takes the initiative at the start. If one of the sides does concede they will probably be forced to go out and attack, allowing the opponent the opportunity to play their preferred system; overall though I reckon it will be a very cagey and tugid affair perhaps decided by a set-piece or a mistake.

Both teams want to play in the same way: defend and counter attack. So it will be interesting to see which team, if either, takes the initiative at the start. If one of the sides does concede they will probably be forced to go out and attack, allowing the opponent the opportunity to play their preferred system; overall though I reckon it will be a very cagey and tugid affair perhaps decided by a set-piece or a mistake.

I don't even think we will do that. I think it will be a case of letting them attack us and trying to hold on for a draw.

Is Hazard fit for this game? We need to manage it since Salah is ineligible to play. I definitely say play Eto'o/Ba, since playing Torres would mean self destruction. All we need to do is to get an away goal, 2 away goal would be very ideal. Please no defensive errors from Azpi and Luiz, we should be fine.

I say a good and realistic score would be 2-2, if we play like we did against PSG.