Chelsea v Stoke

Jase

You can't really compare though. Mentality would be totally different for Villla playing Chelsea than playing Fulham.

But still, any team fighting for the title should be beating Villa. They are a very, very, very average side. They've been hammered by Stoke and Man united since that game against us.

Villa had Foy.

I think the presence of Torres was a greater hindrance in that game than Foy, tbh. Foy was not even that bad in the first half when we were completely dominant but lacked a cutting edge (again) due to an anonymous presence up front.

But still, any team fighting for the title should be beating Villa. They are a very, very, very average side. They've been hammered by Stoke and Man united since that game against us.

Yeah I do agree. On paper, we should be winning every game only matched by a couple of other teams in the league.

Mentality wise we should be fired up for every game given how close the league is. Maybe the pressure is a factor. And fixture congestion. Maybe they just aren't up for the bread and butter games. Whatever it is. I agree. We should be winning.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech; 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 24 Gary Cahill, 26 John Terry ©, 28 Cesar Azpilicueta; 8 Frank Lampard, 21Nemanja Matic; 14 Andre Schurrle, 22 Willian, 15 Mohamed Salah; 9 Fernando Torres.

Substitutes: 23 Mark Schwarzer, 33 Tomas Kalas, 3 Ashley Cole, 4 David Luiz, 11 Oscar, 17 Eden Hazard, 19Demba Ba.

We also should've beaten Palace...no Foy then.Our results against Villa have usually been hit or miss...crazy draws or wins or stupid losses...not a easy place for us to go espically with Jose.

I think the presence of Torres was a greater hindrance in that game than Foy, tbh. Foy was not even that bad in the first half when we were completely dominant but lacked a cutting edge (again) due to an anonymous presence up front.

But he sent a player off incorrectly and a manager too.

But he sent a player off incorrectly and a manager too.

That's why I said FIRST half. We outplayed them and we completely controlled the midfield with Matic being a beast but we lacked the cutting edge upfront with that fucker, Torres "leading" the line.