UCL Final - Chelsea Vs Man Utd

James

Was feeling optimistic about this game -Grants latest attack on Ferguson, ManUtd , and Referee bias (see various press coverage) is stupid though.

Given the game is next Wednesday, not the brightest of things to do, and will rebound - it's about as intelligent as Rafa slagging off Drogba before the semi.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Yup he did!

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit back at Avram Grant's claims that Manchester United benefited from favourable refereeing decisions in their crucial victory over Wigan Athletic last Sunday.

"I've been expecting it," Ferguson said. "I don't think it's about last Sunday, I think it's about next Wednesday and maybe even next season. I could go on and on about decisions because they're all debatable at the end of the day, we feel we didn't get a lot of decisions this season.

“Maybe when we went to Chelsea we should have been champions before it, but with the season over we can put it on the backburner and now it's about next Wednesday and I think that's why Avram's talking that way.”

The Chelsea first-team coach had claimed that Steve Bennett, the referee, helped United win the title by missing a deliberate handball by Rio Ferdinand and failing to dismiss Paul Scholes after his clumsy challenge on Wilson Palacios.

Ferguson has brushed off the remarks as nothing more than petty mind games as the war of words between the clubs continues before the Champions League final in Moscow next Wednesday.

Yup, Grants apeing of Mourinho against Ferguson before this match not a good idea -probably lead to Ronaldo celebrating in front of the undertaker now

"We were without question the best team in the country this season and all Chelsea's players have been honest and admitted that," said Ferguson. "So we're going to Moscow as the best team in the Premier League and the best side in the country.

"But I half expected him to come out with something like this. What he said isn't about last Sunday and us winning the title, it's all about next Wednesday and the European Cup Final''

Yup, Grants apeing of Mourinho against Ferguson before this match not a good idea -probably lead to Ronaldo celebrating in front of the undertaker now

"We were without question the best team in the country this season and all Chelsea's players have been honest and admitted that," said Ferguson. "So we're going to Moscow as the best team in the Premier League and the best side in the country.

"But I half expected him to come out with something like this. What he said isn't about last Sunday and us winning the title, it's all about next Wednesday and the European Cup Final''

LOL!!...Grant was lil too late on critisizing Bennet. He should have done it the next day itself. But instead he does it on Wednesday, thats 3 days after the league is over. No rocket science that he is trying to influence the Referee in the final.

Which I Dont see is a bad idea. Unless and untill he talks about refereeing, its fine, the moment he starts saying We are a better team, ronaldo is a diver, he is this he is that ( like Mourinho and Rafa and Fergie(Fergie will have learnt from the RAFA incident to shut his trap)) I will have a problem.

i gives me no pleasure to say this but.................

in my opinion we've got no chance, i think man ure are to strong for us they've got to much pace up front for us to contend with, i can see the mancs winning 2-0 and that will just about be the ruination of me to see the cunts beat us in 2 competitions and us to end up with fuck all.

but there you go all doom and gloom for us.

regards:JBD

No chance?

We pushed them all the way in the Community Shield. We matched them for 37 weeks of the Premier League season. We outclassed and outplayed them at Stamford Bridge. What did Nani and Ronaldo offer that day, except training exercises for Ferreira and Ashley Cole? And throughout the season, we have coped with injuries, suspensions, bad luck and international call-ups, and yet we finished only two points behind them. Cech, Cudicini, Terry, Carvalho, Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Malouda, Drogba and Shevchenko have been plagued with injury this season, and Kalou, Drogba, Essien and Mikel went to the Cup of Nations for a few weeks in a difficult period. Yet we had players like Pizarro, Wright-Phillips and Anelka that took up the standard and they kept that Blue Flag flying high. So you take that all into consideration, and tell me we've got no chance.

Edited by BlueLion

Down here in Mumbai, we'll be holding a joint screening of the Chelsea and man utd fan clubs..

the epl coverage only started in 1998 hence the vast number of mancs here..

they do their routine, where were you when you were shit etc

they sing their chants, even glory glory manutd from the printouts that the manc chairman passes around..

so i made a few of them..

sung to the tune of glory glory man utd

where were you pre '99,

wanking away, while fergie whined..

(second line best accompanied with hand gestures) :P

and

you don't know your chants, you read from printouts..

You gloryhunters, get the **** out..

what do you think?

the last time they beat us is grant on his first match....with the morale of the players so down after jose's sacking....without so mnay key players like ballack calvanho drogba......

and they needed refereeing decisions to beat us.....they can't beat us 11 on 11

i'm convinced that we'll beat them.

quite simply because our squad will be keen on taking revenge for the championship ! .

Why is Ballack's shirt on your sig wrong side ? :D Gnusmas Elibom

Well here we are, a couple of days away from the Champions League final. We know that if we are on top of our game then we can win this one. Priority for us is to stop Ronaldo from playing which will cut out their main threat. We will be too strong for them in midfield and we need to take advantage of that. Either Frank or Ballack need to play higher up the park to support the attacking play more than they have previously.

I think the team is going to be pretty obvious:

...............................Cech...............................

Essien......Carvalho..............Terry...........A.Cole

.............................Makelele............................

.............Ballack....................Lampard.............

J.Cole....................................................Kalou

.............................Drogba..............................

It will certainly be a tense game but it will be incredible to see JT lift that trophy up at the end of this game!

Edited by EskWeston