Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

18 minutes ago, communicate said:

How many CB can you name in the world that is fast, dominant in the air, strong and can pass. 

Guys like Ramos, Varane, De Ligt, Umtiti, Lenglet, Van Dijk, Boateng, Sule, Romagnoli, Otamendi, Manolas, Koudibaly, Laporte, Militao, Pepe, Gimenez, Maguire, Vertonghen, Bonucci, Sanchez, Akanji in there as well maybe same for Upamecapo and Konate too. Theres probably more, they all fit that strong in the air, fast (for CBs) and can pass for me. Some arent as quick as Zouma but are still fast enough, CBs dont need to be very fast. Not exactly a rarity these days. Even Rudiger and David Luiz last season.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Guys like Ramos, Varane, De Ligt, Umtiti, Lenglet, Van Dijk, Boateng, Sule, Romagnoli, Otamendi, Manolas, Koudibaly, Laporte, Militao, Pepe, Gimenez, Maguire, Vertonghen, Bonucci, Sanchez, Akanji in there as well maybe same for Upamecapo and Konate too. Theres probably more, they all fit that strong in the air, fast (for CBs) and can pass for me. Some arent as quick as Zouma but are still fast enough, CBs dont need to be very fast. Not exactly a rarity these days. Even Rudiger and David Luiz last season.

I won't comment on many on the name especially the one outside epl because I rarely watch any of them. VVD is almost complete and he cost 70m pound. Otamendi is absolutely awful defensively. Vertonghen and alderweied are excellent on the ball, but can spurs find their replacement, nope.  United spent 80m for a player who is  good on the ball dominant in the air and will absolutely got destroyed in our team because he is not fast. 

If Lamp want to continue playing expansive football like this without any true dm, we better play fast CB otherwise we are doomed. Imagine Jhon Terry or Gary Cahill playing in our team where they have to track runner and play one on one all night long outside the penalty box. 

So imo Zouma is perfectly fine. On the ball he look awkward simply because he has no left foot. Can you find better CB than Zouma on the market, for sure but for how much. If you think tomori and Rudiger are good than Zouma is perfectly fine as no 3 CB. 

On 12/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Ramos- older now and a shadow of what he once was, plus one of the biggest cunts of the 21st century so far in world football, a rotten human being

Varane- superb, but zero chance'''

De Ligt- overrated so far, but will eventually come good, he is still SO SO young, give him time

Umtiti  perma damaged , looks pants, damn shame, he was a beast at the WC

Lenglet, top 15 but not much higher, would be a big upgrade een if there are better otions, although Barca will not sell, he seems a bit weak to me at times

VVD- best CB in the world atm

Boateng, pure dregs, what a fall from his peak (and he only just turned 31, a perfect example of my 30yo and out for so many players (CB's not so much, thus making his fall even worse)

Sule out for the year, I like him more than some on here, but do not want him here

Romagnoli, my number one doable (remotely) target, love him, very very vocally ant-racist too, in a FUCKED up league

Otamendi- HORRID, trash, what a joke he made 1st team all EPL 2 or 3 years ago, pure dogshit, so hyped, so dregs, I detest him, rotten cunt too, dirty player

Manolas, I like him, shame he never came to the EPL, almost too old now for the money Roma will want, he is EPL level in my book

Koulibaly, too old now to buy for the stupid money the poison dwarf will demand, and has fallen off, having a fairly poor year, although he can turn it around if he gets away from that shit rotten club in that horrid racist league (he is SO abused, it is outrageous the abuse he and other PoC take there, as a mixed race black woman, it makes me seethe with rage, I am on the verge of boycotting)

Laporte, superb CB, shame he is so badly injured, a complete CB, insane he has never been capped, best non capped footballer in the world IMHO

Militao has not set the world on fire at Real, jury still out, plus he is an asshat for fucking about on the bench during 2 losses

Pepe, HATE him, pure cunt, almost 37yo, wuthless, he can fuck off, one of the dirtiest players (and a cheater too) I have ever seen, complete all-round shit

Gimenez, in my top 4 targets, but has regressed a bit with no Godin around

Maguire, along with Stones, (who is actually even worse, lol) the most overrated CB in the top 25 on the planet, a caveman who doesn't have a good football brain, Manure punters are turning on him and I say GOOD, I so hope he is not an England starter at Euro 2020, I do not like him (as you can tell, lolol)

Vertonghen, was great, ageing, and fuck spuds

Bonucci, used to be a top 3 CB, ageing now, still a warrior

Sanchez, fuck spuds, and he is overrated, makes crucial errors

Akanji liked him a lot, he has regressed a bit since his bad injury, give him a full tear he should come good again, silky smooth, lacks a certain hard edge though

Konate (BEAST) he is one of my 4 top targets, injured now but he would be like Zouma on steroids, and is far better on the ball

Upamecano great CB, I rate him, just not as much as his teammate Konate

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ramos- older now and a shadow of what he once was, plus one of the biggest cunts of the 21st century so far in world football, a rotten human being

Varane- superb, but zero chance'''

De Ligt- overrated so far, but will eventually come good, he is still SO SO young, give him time

Umtiti  perma damaged , looks pants, damn shame, he was a beast at the WC

Lenglet, top 15 but not much higher, would be a big upgrade een if there are better otions, although Barca will not sell, he seems a bit weak to me at times

VVD- best CB in the world atm

Boateng, pure dregs, what a fall from his peak (and he only just turned 31, a perfect example of my 30yo and out for so many players (CB's not so much, thus making his fall even worse)

Sule out for the year, I like him more than some on here, but do not want him here

Romagnoli, my number one doable (remotely) target, love him, very very vocally ant-racist too, in a FUCKED up league

Otamendi- HORRID, trash, what a joke he made 1st team all EPL 2 or 3 years ago, pure dogshit, so hyped, so dregs, I detest him, rotten cunt too, dirty player

Manolas, I like him, shame he never came to the EPL, almost too old now for the money Roma will want, he is EPL level in my book

Koulibaly, too old now to buy for the stupid money the poison dwarf will demand, and has fallen off, having a fairly poor year, although he can turn it around if he gets away from that shit rotten club in that horrid racist league (he is SO abused, it is outrageous the abuse he and other PoC take there, as a mixed race black woman, it makes me seethe with rage, I am on the verge of boycotting)

Laporte, superb CB, shame he is so badly injured, a complete CB, insane he has never been capped, best non capped footballer in the world IMHO

Militao has not set the world on fire at Real, jury still out, plus he is an asshat for fucking about on the bench during 2 losses

Pepe, HATE him, pure cunt, almost 37yo, wuthless, he can fuck off, one of the dirtiest players (and a cheater too) I have ever seen, complete all-round shit

Gimenez, in my top 4 targets, but has regressed a bit with no Godin around

Maguire, along with Stones, (who is actually even worse, lol) the most overrated CB in the top 25 on the planet, a caveman who doesn't have a good football brain, Manure punters are turning on him and I say GOOD, I so hope he is not an England starter at Euro 2020, I do not like him (as you can tell, lolol)

Vertonghen, was great, ageing, and fuck spuds

Bonucci, used to be a top 3 CB, ageing now, still a warrior

Sanchez, fuck spuds, and he is overrated, makes crucial errors

Akanji liked him a lot, he has regressed a bit since his bad injury, give him a full tear he should come good again, silky smooth, lacks a certain hard edge though

Konate (BEAST) he is one of my 4 top targets, injured now but he would be like Zouma on steroids, and is far better on the ball

Upamecano great CB, I rate him, just not as much as his teammate Konate

Yeah. my point was more that there are plenty of CBs who can do a good job meeting the criteria that was in the post I quoted about being good in the air, quick (ish) and can pass though. CB is an urgent need for us I really feel. I think all the good teams have at least 3 good CBs. We have maybe one established good CB in Rudi and the others not so good or established. Id still think we could maybe get Koulibaly as Napoli are apparently open to refreshing their team this summer but as youve said, for the cost and his age it makes it tougher. Id still say if we could get him for 50m max it would be worth it. I personally think Sarri might go for him if Napoli are as I said looking to refresh the team and hes one of the guys to go. Bonucci, Chielleni are 30 plus and De Ligt has struggled but he could be a good stop gap. Suppose theyve got that young Turkish CB they got from Sassulo as well and Barzaghli IIRC he hasnt retired yet but hes ancient too.

3aeb5499d6bb8be10de4478207532673.png

Report: Chelsea are in contract talks with defender Kurt Zouma

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/report-chelsea-are-in-contact-talks-with-defender-kurt-zouma/

he is already signed until 2023

so looks like zero chance we are selling him if we are going to renew him until 2025 or so (he turns 30 in October 2024 btw to put a future-forward look onto this)

if the reports are true about Lampard balking at buying Ake due to his belief in AC

then expect no moves for CB's until 2021 at the earliest:(

as we will keep the 4 main ones we have, plus we have Guehi and Ampadu waiting in the wings (although I sorta expect Guehi to be loaned out for 2020/21)

I have no idea what Ampadu's best position is or if he is even good enough for us

he seems to have really taken a step backwards (he supposedly has really bad growing pain issues as well)

we cocked up (what else is new for the board, they have a profound lack of football sense far too often) by loaning him to the wrong Bundesliga team, as RB Leipzig are loaded at their back 4 are are now the title favourites so will not have a lot of games they will risk playing him at