Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Lots of loose passing and control but to be fair he didnt get much support. Thats why I dont think Fabregas and Matic would work next weekend against Everton. Ramires must start, maybe a 4-3-3.

Totally agree. I'd be shocked if Jose starts the same team or formation it's a recipe for disaster

Immense performance against Everton. What a thunderous shot!!

Defensively he wasn't exactly great, though. Made many mistakes. Pretty much everyone did, but he's a DM, he's supposed to be our rock in midfield. So far this season he hasn't been, regardless of who is his partner in the midfield. Very worrying.

Defensively he wasn't exactly great, though. Made many mistakes. Pretty much everyone did, but he's a DM, he's supposed to be our rock in midfield. So far this season he hasn't been, regardless of who is his partner in the midfield. Very worrying.

I thought it was Ramires that was the really poor one defensively. Matic wasn't exactly a rock though, so you're right. But no need to be worried about Nemanja.

I thought it was Ramires that was the really poor one defensively. Matic wasn't exactly a rock though, so you're right. But no need to be worried about Nemanja.

Ramires was very poor defensively too, but with Matic it's been a tendency this season; that's why it worries me.

He's still shaking off some rust. Remember it's been only 3 games, he looks like the type of player who needs time to get back to his best. The mistakes he's made look more like something that will get ironed out with more games. I'm not worried, he will be back to mr reliable in no time.

Mourinho thinks he's our best player so far combined with Ivanovic - which is unfair and to be quite honest, not even true.

He had an average first half against Leicester, he was poor piss defending in the first half against Everton where I counted four times he gave the ball away under pressure, in our half, and initiated Everton attacks.

And then I thought, maybe we could sub him, but the option is Mikel and while I'm sure Mikel wouldn't make the same mistakes, he wouldn't have scored that goal either (although I would never say he would assist Costa with a back heel either, and well, he did it).

His natural substitute is Ramires - or could have been Marco (I wish it was Marco in all honesty), but the matches Ramires is playing, we're left with Mikel. So in the end it was good he played the 90 minutes not only because of the goal, but because when things got tough before the fifth and sixth goals, he actually stepped up.

He's one of the reasons our defense is conceding so much imo. He isn't protecting them as he did last season and we were a oil machine defensively last season because every guy played their part. He's not the only problem, but he's causing us a problem but helping to create the abyss between our midfield and defense - which is one of our major problems this start of season imo.