• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is, we would drop points at some point in this run-in, one way or another. Points dropped over the course of the season against the lesser sides is probably gonna be what cost us in the end. City have done so themselves but they are probably just a tad more consistent than us in getting those points.

They are not a "tad better". I mean they are 3 points off with 2 games in hand while losing twice to us.

But the point was the pressure those ganes in hand vs the points in the bag would create on them. That villa game took all the pressure off them. While it might not be the only result but it will be a mega important result considering the time of that.

They are not a "tad better". I mean they are 3 points off with 2 games in hand while losing twice to us.

I was saying hypothetically if they win their 2 games in hand, which they should against Sunderland and Villa at home. We may have beaten them twice but they might just turn out to be a little better than us in getting those points against the lesser sides. That was the point.

But the point was the pressure those ganes in hand vs the points in the bag would create on them. That villa game took all the pressure off them. While it might not be the only result but it will be a mega important result considering the time of that.

Don't necessarily disagree with that but we won't know if the pressure would affect them anyway. It could go either way..

the Villa game will cost us, but equally the draws in our away matches against ManU and Arsenal. With a little more ambition in those games we could have easily won.

For me the timing of the Utd game was the issue. Mourinho played defensively, but if we played them now; he would have thought differently.

the Villa game will cost us, but equally the draws in our away matches against ManU and Arsenal. With a little more ambition in those games we could have easily won.

Better finishing, better concentration, lesser mistakes against Stoke, WBA, West Ham etc would have put us further clear.....

Nothing is over yet boys and girls... Still a few twists and turns left I am sure of it.

We just need to put our heads down and continue to win our games, now is not the time to be thinking about the opposition. If we take care of our business I have a strong feeling the football gods will take care of the rest. We are the most deserving side this year and I refuse to believe we won't be champions if we continue to win our games

Nothing is over yet boys and girls... Still a few twists and turns left I am sure of it.

We just need to put our heads down and continue to win our games, now is not the time to be thinking about the opposition. If we take care of our business I have a strong feeling the football gods will take care of the rest. We are the most deserving side this year and I refuse to believe we won't be champions if we continue to win our games

The title race has been a dogfight this year. Whoever wins it deserves it, barring an official pulling an ovrebo in the title deciding match (I'm looking at you, foy).

Funny how other fans and the media are talking about our 'easy' run-in, when in reality we have to face teams that will sit back and allow us the initiative - the type of game we fare worst at. I think I would be more confident if we had a more 'difficult' fixture list!

Manchester City go away to Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton if I'm not mistaken. They only need to drop four points for us to win the title.

That is true... But that relies on us winning all remaining fixtures...

I'm confident we will finish in the top 2 - just not sure which position :)

This alone is a great achievement from where we were the past few seasons (excepting the CL win)

This. Back then people were saying those were great results...