Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no difference between playing Ramires on the wings and having a donkey there.

We pretty much have 4 defenders and 3 dm's against Derby, lol.

Wow that is really harsh. I know he's not a natural winger and has been picked ahead of players who actually are but his performance has not been that bad for us.

But if he wanted to sell De Bruyne why didn't he get rid of him in the summer when his value was more? I mean why has he kept him for 6 months if he wants to sell him? To use him as a ball boy in training?

Because maybe at first he was planning on giving him a proper chance but then at the last moment Willian, a player much better suited to Jose's tactics, became available and there wasn't sufficient interest in De Bruyne anymore?

Wow that is really harsh. I know he's not a natural winger and has been picked ahead of players who actually are but his performance has not been that bad for us.

Exactly.

Obviously he shouldn't be played there but people are acting like he's been horrible. He's been decent.

first half i counted 2-3 times where either Essien or Mikel had the ball at the edge of the box poised to shoot but chose not to do so. Baker (if you're familiar with EskWeston) has great shooting ability from the edge of the box. Hazard on at 60 and hopefully Mata as well; not a game for Willian as Derby are parking the bus.

Come on you Blues

Missed the first half .... was it as bad as it sounds here?

I really don't believe we played that bad as people are describing it here.Maybe its just the frustration of not having scored with the various opportunities taken.

For me,its been a quite direct and fast flowing game. Derby missed to capitalise on a few errors made but overall its been quite an enjoyable game to watch.Also,Willian has been fantastic for us so far.

Because maybe at first he was planning on giving him a proper chance but then at the last moment Willian, a player much better suited to Jose's tactics, became available and there wasn't sufficient interest in De Bruyne anymore?

De Bruyne's not even be tried by Mourinho at any moment. It's so unfair on him. De Bruyne hasn't even been tried at CM. Could have played in the 4-3-3 but instead Lampard is played (e.g. West Ham) where playing a youngster is a better option for the long term.

He thought Kevin was gonna turn out great in the summer, and he didn't.

Looked good in the friendlies and then was thrown into an abyss.

just have feeling, if we concede the 1st one today, we are out of fa cup.

Nah it'll probably force Jose to make some attacking substitutes. We can win this game easily,its just a shame that we are handicapping ourselves by play a cm as a winger. No criticism towards Ramires because there is nothing really he could do better for us in that sort of a position.

Anyways lets just be positive hope we win this one. FA cup is a trophy we should be really in contention for.

It's not his fault, managers keep using him out of position because of his pace. But he has a horrible first touch and can't exactly dribble, things important in any decent winger.

Hated this lineup from the start. I'm still confident we'll win, but 1) You need to rotate players and if you can't rotate players against Derby in the early rounds of the FA Cup, you also can't complain about them being tired later on 2) I am not someone who believes that you can bring youngsters directly into the squad very often, but you have to get them some game time and playing one or two players in a game like this wouldn't kill the game. 3) You don't have to play defensive counter-attack football in every game. We do have players that can break down other teams. (Mata or Hazard especially) We are playing a squad that is ideally built to defend and counter-attack against a team that is not looking to have much possession. Doesn't make much sense.

Blasphemy!

How dare you undermine the FA Cup? How dare you criticize Jose Mourinho?

Go away, you dont go to games. Not a true supporter!

Missed the first half .... was it as bad as it sounds here?

Depressing half of football where our best moments were a few long shots against a Championship side (that created some chances themselves). The highlight of the game was our away support singing: "We all follow the Chelsea"

De Bruyne's not even be tried by Mourinho at any moment. It's so unfair on him. De Bruyne hasn't even been tried at CM. Could have played in the 4-3-3 but instead Lampard is played (e.g. West Ham) where playing a youngster is a better option for the long term.

Not going to discuss this any further because right now I have better things to do like actually watching the game, but didn't Lamps score two goals in that West Ham match? Clearly Jose made the right decision that time, maybe Frank was brilliant in training that week or something. Mourinho said earlier that De Bruyne hasn't gone the extra mile in training like the other attacking midfielders have so it's his no one's fault but his own that he's been marginalized. Great player, but things just didn't work out for him under Jose and it's best for everyone he's moved on. Massive profit for Chelsea and a better suited club for the player himself, to me that's a win-win scenario if there ever was one.