Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I say this all the time, but we have no plan or ideas around the opposing box when teams park the bus like this. We just give it to one of our AM's and say "make something special happen."

We need to be moving the ball around quicker and not slowing down and shooting from distance.

Unfortunately De Bruyne is as good as gone so surely Mourinho doesn't want to risk him getting injured in a match like this and potentially miss out on a +20m transfer fee.

Agree on Kalas though, today would have been a perfect chance to give him his full debut.

Well, yeah that makes more sense (havent thought about that).

However, it is not only Kalas. If Jose is going to play Ramires on the wing, why not try Mata or Baker?

And why not play Bertrand instead of Cole? Maybe he plays well and fixes pur LB problem. I know it is unlikely, but we will never be a player developer country if we never even try!

Need to step up the tempo and probably introduce Hazard for Essien, move Rami back into the middle. We've created chances and Eto'o probably should've put us one up but I really don't get all the bitching going on.

We could play youngsters like....well Kalas is the only obvious one. But Derby are in good form, we're away from home and there's no need to rest players with a week until our next game. If we had the likes of Lukaku, Chalobah or Courtois in the squad then it would make sense but Baker???

Got to say I think Mourinho has got it wrong for this match. Derby were always going to stay compact and sit back, only attacking on the break, so having Ramires' pace on the wing is effectively useless. I'm also unsure as to why Mata isn't playing. If there's any match to start him in it has to be this one. Makes me wonder if he is indeed on the way out. Would like to see Willian throw a few more crosses in. He's been in perfect crossing position numerous times and elected to play it back to the top of the box rather than throw in an early cross which has given them time to regroup on the few occasions they've been stretched.