Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to win the match so we don't face a replay. With City getting one then it might add a tiny edge in our favour.

Who talked about a replay?

Playing this team doesnt mean we wont draw or even lose, your logic is pathetic!

For someone who defends us using our young players in the EPL, you are way too scared of Derby County!

You defend that having 18 year olds playing as regular starters is 'Chelsea future'. But when the chance comes to test them (and some other stablished players), you go against it? Why?

It makes absolutely no sense for you to defend that our yet unproved players should be more utilized (in order to prepare for the long term) when you dont even trust the likes of Mata, KDB, Kalas, Bertrand, etc, in a FA Cup 3rd Round...

He's giving Luiz and Cahill another run out and it looks like we're using the 433 again.

I know you might not get the importance of this competition but Jose does and if you gave him that choice, he'd want BOTH. That's why we love him.

LOOL!

It has nothing to do with ME not getting the importance of this competition. I know I am not British (thank fuck), but dont play this stupid 'tradition defender' card to me.

I might not get it, but I read and listen to a lot of English sports journalists and most of them would pick 3 points in the EPL over a FA Cup win. The guys on Football Weekly even agreed they would take 1 point in the EPL then to advance in the FA Cup 4th Round (just listen to their last podcast). So, as you see, it has nothing to do with ME!

And dont be ridiculous, of course everybody would choose both. However, that defeats the whole purpopse of choosing. You just didnt answer it because you know Jose would pick a win in the Premier League over beating Derby County without even thinking twice about it!

The future problems are an extra game or a loss of momentum. There's no reason not to go out and win this game.

I totally agree, but I completely disagree that playing some reserves would cause that!

This team can lose and a reserve team can win. It is impossible for us to know, so the whole argument of playing this specific lineup (that isnt even our best) in order to avoid the replay goes to waist.

Also, I am of the opinion Mourinho could use some rotation to avoid future discontentment. It would satisfy some players who havent been given much of a chance (KDB, Ba, Kalas, Bertrand, etc) and it would allow him to also test how they react during official matches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, my opinion is that he should use both cups to make tests, rotation and adjustments (especially during this transition period). EPL must be the focus and if we end up losing in the FA Cup because of that, too bad.

If you think otherwise, then lests just agree to disagree...

Playing with 2 defensive midfielders against Derby annoys me. Baker on for Essien would make my day.

We're treating a Championship side with too much respect. A bit like we approached the game against Basel as though they were Barcelona. But then again this is Chelsea we'd never give a youngster a chance to play..

Jose has really improved Luiz, now he never goes forward anymore but really more reliable. We will miss his spectacular goals some time but over time this would be a good choice as he can become very reliable.

Also, I am of the opinion Mourinho could use some rotation to avoid future discontentment. It would satisfy some players who havent been given much of a chance (KDB, Ba, Kalas, Bertrand, etc) and it would allow him to also test how they react during official matches.

Unfortunately De Bruyne is as good as gone so surely Mourinho doesn't want to risk him getting injured in a match like this and potentially miss out on a +20m transfer fee.

Agree on Kalas though, today would have been a perfect chance to give him his full debut.

Sorry but to most English fans the F A Cup is VERY important

You dont need to be sorry. I know this is important to a lot of you and I trully respect that!

However, I just think using some of our unused players wouldnt hurt...

I never said we should lose because this is a mickey mouse cup or whatever. I only posted saying I wished the like of KDB, Baker, Kalas, Bertrand, etc, were in the starting lineup!

Jose is only rotating about 18 players in the EPL and UCL. So I thought the FA Cup match against Derby County could be a nice opportunity to try a few new faces. That is all!

I know we dont want Chelsea to have to play a second game. But using those 11 players or others makes no difference (imo). We cant know whether or not a determined team will be able to not draw. This team can end up drawing while a 'weaker' team could end up winning by 5-0. We will never know!