Chelsea v Liverpool

Jase

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried for our midfield.. Henderson and Allen are going to run circles around Lampard-Mikel..

If we don't get overrun there we'll win or draw

I would be more afraid of Sterling/Suarez/Coutinho than of Henderson and Allen.

@Special Juan well they dominated City at their stadium, so its kinda normal, that people have respect. especially when with Ramries one of our most important players is missing and we have no adequate substitute for him in the squad.

The 'JT will get shredded by pace' facade is so stupid. JTs positional play is still world class so it doesn't matter.

I used to say the same thing about Tony Adams. I didn't understand the hype about him until I saw him playing in front of the Shed one day and my old man just said to watch him. I've been lucky to see the same thing for the last decade with JT, this amazing reading of the game to be in the right spot so you don't need great pace to get there.

I would be more afraid of Sterling/Suarez/Coutinho than of Henderson and Allen.

@Special Juan well they dominated City at their stadium, so its kinda normal, that people have respecht. especially when with Ramries one of our most important players is missing and we have no adequate substitute for him in the squad.

Yeah they were great against City. Arsenal put 3 past City too and could have scored more but they couldn't get a shot on target against us. City plays all out attack, their sole aim is to outscore you, especially at home. Now I'm not marginalizing Liverpool's performance but there is no way Jose will let Liverpool play like that against us. Gameplan wise, we should probably play similar to how we played Arsenal, except this time I'd play a little higher and with Luiz instead of Cahill.

Against Arsenal their AMs were dangerous but with Liverpool it's Suarez dropping deep and linking up which is the real danger so we'll want a CB to stay tight to him and follow him every time he drops to receive the ball and not let him turn. Luiz is the most suited for this kind of job and I'm guessing Mikel will also start so he can fill in if Luiz rushes forward.

I think we can definitely win this match, I expect us to win this, especially since we're at home but we have to take our chances when we get them because it's all well and good to have the perfect gameplan but the kind of form Suarez is on he can score a goal out of absolutely nothing so we'll have to score goals if we want to win.

I'd be scared of Suarez, who wouldn't but not Liverpool they can def be had, I'd say the same about City too. On our day we can beat both, Jose is def capable or devising the right gameplan and the players are listening to him so they are perfectly capable to execute these gameplans.

Some things to consider.

- Liverpool have yet to be tested on short weeks... They've been good mainly because they had the entire week to prepare for opponents.

- Suarez hasn't scored in any of the big matches (Tottenham the only exception) he tends to bottle it against big opposition.

- Ramires miss is huge... Only highlights the need to go back in the window in January for cover. Van Ginkel would've been useful here.
- Torres is allergic to the ball against Liverpool. Demba Ba seems like the best choice here though I doubt he will play.

If we are gonna take it to them at home and play progressive football then the only real solution without Ramires is Oscar replaces him and we play 4-2-3-1.

Cech
Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Azpilicueta

Lampard - Mikel
Willian - Oscar - Hazard
Ba

That's what I'd do and ask Oscar to play box to box.