Basel 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

People are over-analysing this, big time.

We've seriously, genuinely got away with this one, because we're through. Simple as that. No-one will care come February and we enter the knock-out stages. We have to consider the positives because we are through with 9 points. Last year we had 10 points and entered the Europa League...

Yes, we should have performed better and gotten at least a point in this fixture to relieve some of the pressure on the final game (which we must now win to be sure of top spot), but it's not like we've dropped a place or two and are now entirely reliant on results elsewhere.

The thing is the performance yesterday wasn't a one-off. We have been seeing it far too often this season, even though we have won games. With the squad we have, we expect a little better and more consistency in the performances but we're not doing it. Hence the concern and analysis of the performances a little deeper than if it had happened in just 1 game all of a sudden.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I couldn't watch the game last night, because I went out with friends. Later in the bar I understood that we lost and naturally I was pissed...But I didn't lose my marbles until after watching a detailed highlight video of the match today. I was like "Wow, really? Not a single dangerous attack? Not a single shot on goal?? Why are these Swiss nobodies all over us???". And naturally all the depressing thoughts have returned. Ironically with that loss we went through, but let's be honest how can a team which succumbed to Basel over two matches can be considered the 4th most likely CL winner? As for the players fielded against Basel, I want to see them benched on Sunday against Southampton with the exception of Cech and JT!

#fuckoff #bunchoftwats #ihatenovember #kneejerk #usinghashtagsmakesulooklikeanasshole

When the fuck will november end...I hate this month, we play like shit for whole month every year.

Oh and about the team, its never about losing, its how you lose and chelsea played like shit yesterday. We should lose like 5:0 to make Mourinho and players think and put something together.

I also saw that people underrate Salah alot. He is big talent and for now, his skills are as good as Shaqiri was at Basel. Cant say that Salah will succeed because its common in egipt that their players dont become good despite their talent (like Zidan). But for now, he is quite a talent, fast and skilled and only 21.

And Fabian Schar. What a talent. Super promising CB.

With the way we were playing yesterday and couldn't even keep the ball and string passes together to save our lives, wonder if it would have been better had Ba came on instead especially when this was already evident in the first half. Because everyone were so deep in defending that when we do get the ball, we can hardly play it out from the back with Basel pressing us and in the end, we were just lumping it forward rather aimlessly to Eto'o and then Torres. Ba would arguably be better in winning those high balls, hold up the play and relieve the pressure while bringing us higher up the pitch a little to be able to attack Basel more.

I was criticised on Saturday when I said we are playing boring football, I would rather lose 5-3 watching exciting football than this horse shit Mourinho is feeding us

So im guessing you were celebrating a couple of years back when we got wacked at home to Arsenal then?

And if we don't perform, it is the managers fault. So simple, no matter who he is.

After all, he is the one who put the non performers out there.

Not until he has had time to shape the team ,analyse the players ,get rid of the players who do not fit and who he considers not up to standard and not until he has had two more transfer windows to deal in ,then it will all be on Jose's head and he should be judged then ,this is still a honeymoon period .