Nicolás Otamendi

Not even the typical he's not going anywhere talk. I'm sure they would sell for less. They just say this to up his price, same with Benatia last season and countless other examples. This is his chance to join the elite and Valencia will probably be forced to let him leave. £25-30 mil is too much money to refuse. Buying a replacement wouldn't be too hard with the prospect of CL football.

He's been brilliant this season, I love his style of defending. Old school Argie hard man. Set-piece threat and more than decent on the ball as well. I'd love him here. I have no idea whether Mourinho will want a new defender. I personally think the team needs a new CB, especially a proactive and more mobile one.

50m Euros is 35.5m Pounds, so its not really a big difference from the numbers you're suggesting he'll be sold (30m). If United wants him they'll pay 35m pounds.

Benatia? he's from Roma and unlike Otamendi he didnt have a release clause, while Valencia also in a much better position financially.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50m Euros is 35.5m Pounds, so its not really a big difference from the numbers you're suggesting he'll be sold (30m). If United wants him they'll pay 35m pounds.

Benatia? he's from Roma and unlike Otamendi he didnt have a release clause, while Valencia also in a much better position financially.

I don't think he'll leave for more than £30 mil. +/- €10-15 mil is a lot of money, transfers have failed for less. Edit: To clarify, I'm thinking €35-40 mil.

Roma has money. Valencia have a rich owner but they still have a lot debts. And clubs always say suitors have to pay the highest price. What else are they supposed to say? I'd even say clubs usually don't get the fees they originally asked, that's just business. Real, and PSG and Barca to some extent, are the only clubs that regularly pay full asking price.

But we'll have to wait and see.

Few years ago Rami was recognized as one of best defenders in laliga while playing for Valencia. Turned absolute shit after two good seasons...

This year Otamendi and Mustafa have both been fantastic but lets wait and see how they do next year.

Otamendi was superb this year though.

• 3 weeks later...
Today Spain press says that Real Madrid is decided to give Varane a special place, make him a very important player. In this case we should forget him and focus on this guy. Try to get a deal for less of the 50M that they want.

For me, after Varane, is the Better option, and now, is the first. Absolutely TOP on his position.

Today Spain press says that Real Madrid is decided to give Varane a special place, make him a very important player. In this case we should forget him and focus on this guy. Try to get a deal for less of the 50M that they want.

For me, after Varane, is the Better option, and now, is the first. Absolutely TOP on his position.

Little uncertain on him, one absolute world class season, but before that even Mangala was better. Valencia will want to cash heavy for him

Little uncertain on him, one absolute world class season, but before that even Mangala was better. Valencia will want to cash heavy for him

Negotiate with Valencia can become absolutely horrible. They are a team who are offended by any offer, and they feel like a personal attack when a player wants to evolve professionally in another team, even if that player is going to give them a lot of money in return.

Valencia is a pathetic club. It's like Athetic Bilbao, they prefer to lose money before seem a small team who sells his players ...

I think Otamendi will finally leave Valencia this summer (although Valencia are able to let Otamendi whole season without playing as punishment).

But I think it is easier for US to sign Varane than sign Otamendi. And sign Varane seems impossible right now...

Regards.

Negotiate with Valencia can become absolutely horrible. They are a team who are offended by any offer, and they feel like a personal attack when a player wants to evolve professionally in another team, even if that player is going to give them a lot of money in return.

Valencia is a pathetic club. It's like Athetic Bilbao, they prefer to lose money before seem a small team who sells his players ...

I think Otamendi will finally leave Valencia this summer (although Valencia are able to let Otamendi whole season without playing as punishment).

But I think it is easier for US to sign Varane than sign Otamendi. And sign Varane seems impossible right now...

Regards.

Do you have any previous examples of this?

They bought Otamendi for laughable money when he was having discipline issues in previous club, they dont owe him nothing, its him who after ONE great season decided that Valencia is too small for him.

Do you have any previous examples of this?

They bought Otamendi for laughable money when he was having discipline issues in previous club, they dont owe him nothing, its him who after ONE great season decided that Valencia is too small for him.

Hi friend!

For example Mendieta. An important Spanish player who wanted to go to Real Madrid in 2000. Real Madrid offered 10,000 million pesetas (60 million euros) and Valencia was pressing Mendieta all summer for him not go to Real Madrid and Valencia finally sold Mendieta to Lazio by 7,000 million pesetas (42 million euros) just for not seem a small team that sells players to Real Madrid.

Another example is Ayala. Another player who wanted to go to Real Madrid and Valencia had Ayala without playing six months as punishment and Ayala finally had to accept to continue in Valencia...

Obviously all teams have the right to try to keep their players, but I think we have to be realistic and if a team gives 30 million euros to signing Otamendi, I think Valencia should accept the offer and not to request 50 million. Valencia is not Real Madrid, Barelona, Bayern, Chelsea ... it is a normal team that has to fight every year to get into Champions League.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2015/07/10/fichaje-otamendi-valencia-millones-united-psg/263315.html

MÁNCHESTER, LONDRES, PARÍS...

El mercado se activa y Otamendi se calienta Florentino sigue pendiente, Mourinho llama y el PSG pregunta precio

(Manchester, London, Paris ...
The market is active and heated Otamendi
Florentino is pending, Mourinho called and ask price PSG)

The 'saga Otamendi' is about to be unleashed. In July 26 (day Argentina must appear on Valencia) right around the corner, the transfer market has not yet experienced its breaking point. After a season-high performance, the central object of desire for the most powerful clubs in the continent. However, the summer just recorded significant movements. Football money is stopped, but not for long. As soon draft economic movement will succeed the transfer circuit like a chain reaction it were takes place. And as recognized by the major market players, that is about to occur. Behind this scene of apparent calm frantic activity and the name of the Argentine center it is in the eye of the storm unfolds. So is the market for Otamendi.

Eugenio Lopez, representative of the player, is currently in Europe. A few days ago he landed in Madrid and has been told this newspaper held a face to face meeting with Florentino Perez. The chief executive of Madrid has a vested interest in bringing to Valencia at the Bernabeu. In the meetings that his team played against Valencia, Florentino was captivated the fighting spirit of Nico and his attention solvency with which his opponents is imposed overlooked. Interest is strong, the defense is a man of the president, but it all depends on the evolution mess with Sergio Ramos. So he took him to his representative, with whom he negotiated last summer arrival of James, one of his favorite players. Madrid, acknowledged the player's own environment, settle a first level of the ladder of clubs interested in acquiring his services this summer.

Valencia's approach, however, remains firm. Fifty or nothing. Except as stated over and over again before leaving the club and Lay Hoon reaffirmed in this farewell appearance. In the same step that Madrid is Manchester City, which has put Mangala in the market and is willing to make a major effort to sign him. And just behind, in the background, it is his neighbor United. Van Gaal's team goes crazy to incorporate a core of guarantees, leads all players'tocando' season that district, but interest has cooled Nico. Varane, Howedes, De Vrij, Hummels, Marquinhos, the Otamendi own ... The casting is very large but no clear favorite today and Ramos. Plus, with the possibility of negotiating with De Gea as currency in Madrid.

More clubs in touch
In a final level Chelsea and Paris St. Germain, the two clubs who have joined later to the race for player of Valencia appear. Mourinho this week Jorge Mendes phoned and asked her to take him to London Otamendi. The Portuguese coach wants him to his orders and go on a spare Valencia high level for a natural leader like Terry, who has a duo with Cahill, while Zouma, the other main campus, has moved the midfielder. The situation with the PSG is also hot. Thiago Silva is likely or Marquinhos out in the coming weeks and on Wednesday, when Mendes negotiated arrival of Di Maria, executives of the Paris Club took the opportunity to ask how much it would cost the arrival of Otamendi. All clubs offer between 3'5 and 4 million euros per season. The player is on vacation in Buenos Aires and want everything as fast as possible is resolved.

(via Google translation)

Super Desporte is local based newspaper in Valencia. They supposedly have good connection with the club.

If Mourinho phoned to Mendes then there's very good chance Chelsea are interested. Also every club know the price - 50m€. Is he worth it ? 27 years old for 50m€ ? Thanks to good pounds to euros rate it's 35m£-36m£. Huge but if he is able to maintain his last season form then he's worth it. Player in his prime who could slot straight into the first XI.

If this sends Zouma on loan(first team-certain), benches Cahill, rotates JT, and then Zouma forms a partnership, I'm okay with it. Other than that I highly doubt we'd make this signing.

Or if it gets shot of Cahill and rotates Zouma/JT ready to take his place Im happy. But Id like to keep Happy on site if poss.

But as everyone thought the utd deal was sorted nobody else stepped up for him. I'm surprised.

Don't think it would make any sense to sign a super expensive CB this summer. Can't see José permanently benching Cahill. Zouma would also get no opportunities at CB either.

Next summer is more likely.

Don't think it would make any sense to sign a super expensive CB this summer. Can't see José permanently benching Cahill. Zouma would also get no opportunities at CB either.

Next summer is more likely.

No way. I wouldn't pay 50 million pounds for a 28 year old CB next year. Now or don't do it at all, I say.

Don't see us changing our approach in big games unless we sign a top, proactive centre-back. We get slaughtered in counter-attacks every time Jose decides not to be conservative and it's mostly down to Cahill's lack of awareness and him simply not having the qualities of a proactive defender.

I would love us to sign Otamendi though. He has modern defender's traits, love it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You