Nicolás Otamendi

They are all rumours but do we actually have a clear idea on who we want to buy? We seem to be randomly jumping from one player to another and many of the players we have been linked with do not improve the starting XI!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all rumours but do we actually have a clear idea on who we want to buy? We seem to be randomly jumping from one player to another and many of the players we have been linked with do not improve the starting XI!

I think 90% of them are only rumours.... Mou isn't the person who jumps from one player to another...

he clearly knows what he wants.

If this benches Terry, moves Azpi to RB and puts Luis at LB, allowing a high line, freeing up Matic and Cesc, then I'm all for it.

Otherwise. it's not really an improvement, as JT is the one that is forcing us to play a certain style, not Cahill.

Good to see us people on here saying its Cahill's fault we play like this or this happens since we are linked with another CB. I mean like Ramires and Mikel at times it seems he cannot exactly catch a break. For a 7M signing from Bolton hes exceeded expectations and become a really good player....

Otamendi had a good season, as did Valencia in general but I don't think he'd be much of an improvement on Cahill or Zouma.

Why not Otamendi?

This week has appeared a rumor that Jose would have called Jorge Mendes to ask about the situation of Otamendi. The rumor has appeared in "Superdeporte" a local newspaper from Valencia which usually pretty good information about Valencia and they are usually very reliable.

I think we need a new Centre-back. John Terry (c) is turning 35 years old and at that age one years can be very good but the next give a physical slump. And many of us do not fully trust Cahill. I think Zouma end up being indisputable with us this season. But three center-back might not be enough to end of season.

The price of the clause is 50 million euros (35 million pounds), but I think, considering that Jorge Mesde is practically the boss of Valencia right now, the final price could be lower if we include players on loan. Players like Nathan Ake, which would be perfect for Valencia in a similar Atletico Madrid Courtois and situation.

Everyone would benefit if Chelsea and Valencia make a pact to exchange players on loan. Mourinho and Nuno have a similar mentality in many ways.

Also players like Tomas Kalas as a substitute for Otamendi. Or Oriol Romeu (who already played for Valencia), or Bertrand Traouré .... All these players have level to play with Valencia and could return in one or two years as established players. It would be a big deal for us a deal with Valencia.

Varane is impossible, only if Rafat Benitez is so dumb of respect the hierarchy of Pepe and Sergio Ramos Real Madrid finally does not leave Real Madrid this summer, only if this happens, we would have a choice. But we must be realistic, this is very very very unlikely.

Regards.

I would buy Stones and loan him out to Everton for another year. In case we run out of CB's we could recall Kalas or Christensen back. Essentially we have 4 centre-backs in Terry, Zouma, Cahill and Ivanovic. That should be enough judging by our luckiness to avoid injury waves. Paying 35 million pounds for a centre-back would effectively make Otamendi our first-team centre-back whilst Jose would probably utilize Cahill instead of Zouma because of his superior experience in big games and European football. Consequently, Zouma would become our 4th choice centre-back which would probably lead to him being loaned out in January and result in stagnation of his career.

I think he is overrrated.

Had great season, looks like a badass, but that doesnt make you 30m+ CB.

Dont forget Rami thing, he was awesome one season at Valencia but absolute shit season later and got sold to Milan where he continued to be shit.

If we are willing to pay 20-30m for Stones why not sum up £5m more and activate this guy's release clause? His agent is Mendes and he was the best CB in La Liga last season. Also he is only 27 years old, could potentially have 5+ years ahead of him.

If we are willing to pay 20-30m for Stones why not sum up £5m more and activate this guy's release clause? His agent is Mendes and he was the best CB in La Liga last season. Also he is only 27 years old, could potentially have 5+ years ahead of him.

Because he'd demand immediate first - team action, isn't a young "potential future England captain" and has one really big season behind his back, while Stones is impressing. It's a gamble for Stones, and a gamble for this guy too. He'll block Zouma's development 100 times more than Stones.

• 5 weeks later...

After the game i opened twitter and saw 'Otemandi to City - Done Deal'. It felt like the 4th goal in our net.

It will be extremely disappointing if until the end of the window City will get Otamendi+KDB while we just get Baba, and Stones wouldnt make it much better. That will be a serious show of intent from City, and the lack of it in Chelsea.

Especially when we're talking about City, a club who is under the threat of FFP, like us. So it leaves no excuses.

With Mangala shaky, Demichelis not getting older, Otamendi would be a brilliant player for City. He and Mangala can compete for CB positon and suddenly from shaky Kompany and average Demichelis, City would go sky high in terms of defenders compared to us. Crazy...

With Mangala shaky, Demichelis not getting older, Otamendi would be a brilliant player for City. He and Mangala can compete for CB positon and suddenly from shaky Kompany and average Demichelis, City would go sky high in terms of defenders compared to us. Crazy...

If reports are to be correct, Managla could be going the other way on loan. Weird decision if that comes to fruition.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You