• Lampard
    • Schurrle
    • Oscar
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Eto'o (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Drove home like a madman to watch the second half to find out no channel here in belgium was showing the game, telenet vs belgacom bullshit!!!

What i'm mostly interested in is, did we play good looking football tonight?

We played great football. All goals came from the counterattack and a solid defensive display. Two worrying things is even though we scored 4, our finishing is still terrible for the most part and we seem to lose concentration at the end of games.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Cech - 8/10 - Strong performance was worried when he hit his head.

*Ivanovic - 7/10 - Solid performance,

*Terry - 6/10 - Relatively untested.

*Luiz - 710 - Strong performance, great leader .

*Cole - 7/10 - Strong performance, got up a lot, good stuff

*Lampard - 7/10 - A brilliant goal.

*Ramires - 8/10 - Great performance. Good Goals

*Oscar - 4/10 - was totally out of sorts, gave the ball away few times was disappointing today.

*Mata - 7/10 - Strong performance I don't think he needed to prove himself he is brilliant but so glad he started the game.

*Torres - N/A - Really hope it isn't a bad injury.

*Schurrle - 9/10 -Man of the match. Great performance deserved a goal.

Subs - Eto'o (1/10), Willian (6/10), Azpilicueta (5/10).

was about to give a rep till I saw the Eto rating

I fully expect Schurrle to do the same to Schalke. Great against Bayern and fantastic tonight.

Right now I think he performs best in Europe, along with the likes of Willian. The same way Oscar took time to adjust to the PL last season but also managed to play out of his socks in Europe; I think it's the same for some of our new players.

God people thought Fernando was terrible, when he came off and Eto'o came on he might as well not bothered he was terrible agin, many shots just straight at the keeper or struggling to keep up. We have got him 5 years too late :(

great match by us tonight.

As I said in the live thread, André showed what Eden failed to do for us this season and was absolutely immense, both offensively and defensively. By far the MOTM.

I'm very happy with him and hopefully at any day he'll finally score and carry on from then on.

Mata and Oscar were good as well and had a few good linkups in the attack, but they paled in comparison to the German. Oscar also had a couple of nonsense turnovers, one of them very dangerous, btw.

Very sad for Fernando, especially because the knock that took him out of the match was when he was bravely tackling two Steua players to recover the ball for us under 2 minutes of play.

Ramires was also immense, not only because of the goals (and the additional times he presented himself in the attack), but he also made up for a few mistakes and Lamps' slowness at some points. Lamps wasn't bad, but I still don't like to see him playing 2x a week. I remember at least 2 times where he compromised, one of them dangerous in the first half as again he watched the opponent pass by him. Just like in the goal we conceded to Spurs.

Terry and Luiz were very solid as well. Very happy with our CB partnership. Sorry, Cahill, but I don't see you getting important matches for us if both are physically fit and I hope they carry on form.

Eto'o was again very active in the match - almost like Torres has been in the last two. He had some very good runs and I think we're finally headed to a better place with our strikers. They're progressing and hopefully they'll blossom in EPL this weekend and carry on from there.

And to make Cole justice. I complain a lot about how he leaves Hazard isolated, but he was always present to help Mr. MOTM today and really contributed with André.

Iva was solid in the back, but completely anonymous in the attack, but I guess that's because we concentrated most of our actions in the left and then in the middle.

Very happy, very proud, looking forward to this form to carry on.

Hazard wasn't missed at all and if he doesn't step up and André continues to play like this (Mou said in the conference chances for Eden to recover for Sunday are slim), I'll be very pissed on Mourinho if he drops André. We were finally efficient in counter-attack and it passes a lot through him.