• Eto'o (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My match ratings:

• Cech - 7/10 - relatively untroubled, but he had to make a couple of saves, especially from those Stanciu efforts (one of which caused him the back injury).
  • Ivanovic - 7/10 - an unspectacular and typically-solid performance, he did well in a defensive capacity and got forward very well. He is performing much better in an offensive sense. Definite improvement.
  • Terry - 6/10 - imperious and untroubled. Relatively untested.
  • Luiz - 6/10 - much the same as Terry - solid when called upon.
  • Cole - 6/10 - he had little to do in a defensive sense as most of Steaua's attacking threat came down the opposite flank, but he did well to support Schurrle down the wing when he did, and played a decent game.
  • Lampard - 6.5/10 - involved in moreorless everything. A brilliantly-take goal and a case study in attacking passing. Exposed once or twice with poor positioning, however.
  • Ramires - 8/10 - magnificent performance. UMAD HATERS?
  • Oscar - 6/10 - looked out of sorts in the first half, but he improved massively in the second half. Unlucky not to score when he fired against the woodwork. A workmanlike performance which demonstrates that when he doesn't perform the fancy flicks an tricks, he can still get stuck in in a defensive capacity.
  • Mata - 7/10 - He's proved his point. He carried on his excellent form from the Tottenham game without going over-the-top. Just such a shame he hit the post, as his performance warranted a goal.
  • Torres - N/A - didn't play enough to warrant a rating. Hope his injury isn't too serious. Same old Torres, whenever he puts in a decent performance he gets done by an innocuous injury.
  • Schurrle - 8.5/10 - man of the match, but only just. His best performance for us. The haters will say "its only Steaua", but Andre is a player whose game revolves around confidence, and he exuded it here. Really deserved a goal.

Subs - Eto'o (7/10), Willian (6/10), Azpilicueta (6.5/10).

I also hope you all enjoyed my commentary!

Drove home like a madman to watch the second half to find out no channel here in belgium was showing the game, telenet vs belgacom bullshit!!!

What i'm mostly interested in is, did we play good looking football tonight?

My match ratings:

• Cech - 7/10 - relatively untroubled, but he had to make a couple of saves, especially from those Stanciu efforts (one of which caused him the back injury).
  • Ivanovic - 7/10 - an unspectacular and typically-solid performance, he did well in a defensive capacity and got forward very well. He is performing much better in an offensive sense. Definite improvement.
  • Terry - 6/10 - imperious and untroubled. Relatively untested.
  • Luiz - 6/10 - much the same as Terry - solid when called upon.
  • Cole - 6/10 - he had little to do in a defensive sense as most of Steaua's attacking threat came down the opposite flank, but he did well to support Schurrle down the wing when he did, and played a decent game.
  • Lampard - 6.5/10 - involved in moreorless everything. A brilliantly-take goal and a case study in attacking passing. Exposed once or twice with poor positioning, however.
  • Ramires - 8/10 - magnificent performance. UMAD HATERS?
  • Oscar - 6/10 - looked out of sorts in the first half, but he improved massively in the second half. Unlucky not to score when he fired against the woodwork. A workmanlike performance which demonstrates that when he doesn't perform the fancy flicks an tricks, he can still get stuck in in a defensive capacity.
  • Mata - 7/10 - He's proved his point. He carried on his excellent form from the Tottenham game without going over-the-top. Just such a shame he hit the post, as his performance warranted a goal.
  • Torres - N/A - didn't play enough to warrant a rating. Hope his injury isn't too serious. Same old Torres, whenever he puts in a decent performance he gets done by an innocuous injury.
  • Schurrle - 8.5/10 - man of the match, but only just. His best performance for us. The haters will say "its only Steaua", but Andre is a player whose game revolves around confidence, and he exuded it here. Really deserved a goal.

Subs - Eto'o (7/10), Willian (6/10), Azpilicueta (6.5/10).

I also hope you all enjoyed my commentary!

rambo has haters???? i thought he IS THE BOSS!!!!

WELL DONE ...waiting to see the negative posts B)

Only complaint I have is that Schurrles beard is ginger !

Apart from that you can see the team is starting to click, looking forward to the rest of the season.

*Cech - 8/10 - Strong performance was worried when he hit his head.

*Ivanovic - 7/10 - Solid performance,

*Terry - 6/10 - Relatively untested.

*Luiz - 710 - Strong performance, great leader .

*Cole - 7/10 - Strong performance, got up a lot, good stuff

*Lampard - 7/10 - A brilliant goal.

*Ramires - 8/10 - Great performance. Good Goals

*Oscar - 4/10 - was totally out of sorts, gave the ball away few times was disappointing today.

*Mata - 7/10 - Strong performance I don't think he needed to prove himself he is brilliant but so glad he started the game.

*Torres - N/A - Really hope it isn't a bad injury.

*Schurrle - 9/10 -Man of the match. Great performance deserved a goal.

Subs - Eto'o (1/10), Willian (6/10), Azpilicueta (5/10).

Drove home like a madman to watch the second half to find out no channel here in belgium was showing the game, telenet vs belgacom bullshit!!!

What i'm mostly interested in is, did we play good looking football tonight?

we looked a little "unsure" (i m not sure if thats the right word) till the first goal. but we were having our moments, some half chances. after the first goal, we ran riot.