• Torres
    • Eto'o (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our best match this season and I don't even care if it was against a side like steaua.

we lost there last years and I read Romanian fans saying the team lost two important players, but we were great

I guess the boys and jose are getting the necessary chemistry together.

my shirlei was fab! fantastic contribution

luiz is one of the best backs in the world. I don't hear who says otherwise

it's the best feeling to wake up the day after a match Chels play so well. it feels good!

What pleased me more about this result was the performance of Schurrle. I have said many times and coach my kids exactly what Schurrle did last night, he got tight to the line and drove at the full back with pace and directness, that is very difficult to stop. You cannot mark pace, he took on the full back and skinned him numerous times. I understand he may not of been the best full back around but Schurrle still had a job to do, he did it and he deserves credit.

He was miles ahead of anyone on the field last night. The hug from Jose tells you all you need to know.

Hazard now has a problem if that is anything to go by.

great performance and important win. but we also have to admit that Steaua was awful. seems that without the two players they have sold they look completely lost and play like a different team. were much better last year in the EL.

now two important games against schalke. if we win both, I think we are through to the 1/16

Not really sure they were better last year. In the europaleague, we seemed to play only at our home game and in the away game, we were doing the strict minimum, not draining too much energy for the premier league that was coming.

Otherwise, for Schurrle I'm not surprised. He's the kind of player that would thrive in a Mourinho system. I was even predicting that he would be the player with the best stats this season, well I'm not so sure about the stats but you know what I mean.

I'm an Eden fan but unlike many Kevin fan, I will not complain if Eden is dropped during some weeks as it would be best for him to train his way back to form and I complained enough during the last years when he was playing too many matches, even quite many when something was bothering him and could not perform at a high standard.

For Oscar, I think he's tired, I've said it after the Tottenham game, I was not seeing his usual amount of efforts, sometimes a bit slow to track back wich was unlike his usual.

Not surprised Oscar tired some what in the game, did you see how much tracking and closing down he did? Incredible stamina.

He got tired towards the end of the first half, so he started giving some strange passes and after resting at half time he got far better till the 70th minute when he was completely exhausted

My match ratings:

• Cech - 7/10 - relatively untroubled, but he had to make a couple of saves, especially from those Stanciu efforts (one of which caused him the back injury).
  • Ivanovic - 7/10 - an unspectacular and typically-solid performance, he did well in a defensive capacity and got forward very well. He is performing much better in an offensive sense. Definite improvement.
  • Terry - 6/10 - imperious and untroubled. Relatively untested.
  • Luiz - 6/10 - much the same as Terry - solid when called upon.
  • Cole - 6/10 - he had little to do in a defensive sense as most of Steaua's attacking threat came down the opposite flank, but he did well to support Schurrle down the wing when he did, and played a decent game.
  • Lampard - 6.5/10 - involved in moreorless everything. A brilliantly-take goal and a case study in attacking passing. Exposed once or twice with poor positioning, however.
  • Ramires - 8/10 - magnificent performance. UMAD HATERS?
  • Oscar - 6/10 - looked out of sorts in the first half, but he improved massively in the second half. Unlucky not to score when he fired against the woodwork. A workmanlike performance which demonstrates that when he doesn't perform the fancy flicks an tricks, he can still get stuck in in a defensive capacity.
  • Mata - 7/10 - He's proved his point. He carried on his excellent form from the Tottenham game without going over-the-top. Just such a shame he hit the post, as his performance warranted a goal.
  • Torres - N/A - didn't play enough to warrant a rating. Hope his injury isn't too serious. Same old Torres, whenever he puts in a decent performance he gets done by an innocuous injury.
  • Schurrle - 8.5/10 - man of the match, but only just. His best performance for us. The haters will say "its only Steaua", but Andre is a player whose game revolves around confidence, and he exuded it here. Really deserved a goal.

Subs - Eto'o (7/10), Willian (6/10), Azpilicueta (6.5/10).

I also hope you all enjoyed my commentary!

:blink: 10 effective clearances, 6 interceptions... 9 for 13 in accurate long balls...

David Luiz was exceptional... 8/10

for people asking why José hugged André like that (and sort of didn't let him go).

Here's what happened the moment Ramires scored.

tumblr_mu1nwjoGZE1qdmaaeo3_250.gif

Everyone celebrating and José points to André and then André comes to hug him.

tumblr_mu1nwjoGZE1qdmaaeo1_250.gif

tumblr_mu1nwjoGZE1qdmaaeo4_250.gif

José has the same reaction (pointing) at the Lamps goal, but it's not clear (because of the angle, distance and proximity between Willian and Lamps) if he's pointing to Willian or Lampard.