No.10 Role

Jase

Jose created a problem out of nothing by going to the press and saying Oscar is "my" no10. he said it's a good problem, a problem which he likes to have.

Alright Jose, I know you're the manager but you do realize there are thousands of fans out there who don't want this "problem" ? this will only lead us to lose a world class player as early as January. he's being really arrogant here and should stop thinking about what he likes, if we were on the top of the table with 12 points and a super cup trophy, I would shut up and listen to him. but when we're playing like crap and are 6th in the league and losing at home vs Basel then I want to know why our best player in the last 2 years is not playing.

If this was Rafa, people would already be calling for his head. no one is calling for Mou's head. most of us just don't agree with him and we have the right to question him.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol how do you know how Mourinho wants us to look like when we are defending? there really isn't no difference. its the same formation yeah, the tactics are all the same. the wingers track back to make it look like the 4-4-1-1. you're just putting players in a different position (further up/further down), when on the pitch its always going to transform to the 4-4-1-1

First of all let me clear something. MOURINHO AND BENITEZ DONT PLAY THE SAME TACTICS, THEIR STYLE OF PLAY IS MASSIVELY DIFFERENT.

Once you understand that, we can move on.

Benitez defends differently from mourinho,

benitez doesnt like his attacking midfielder defending more than his wingers so thats why it becomes 4-4-1-1(wingers become beside the pivot)

while mourinho likes his attacking midfielder to defend more than the wingers and make it like a 4-3-3.(attacking midfielder becomes close to the pivot)

Jose created a problem out of nothing by going to the press and saying Oscar is "my" no10. he said it's a good problem, a problem which he likes to have.

Alright Jose, I know you're the manager but you do realize there are thousands of fans out there who don't want this "problem" ? this will only lead us to lose a world class player as early as January. he's being really arrogant here and should stop thinking about what he likes, if we were on the top of the table with 12 points and a super cup trophy, I would shut up and listen to him. but when we're playing like crap and are 6th in the league and losing at home vs Basel then I want to know why our best player in the last 2 years is not playing.

If this was Rafa, people would already be calling for his head. no one is calling for Mou's head. most of us just don't agree with him and we have the right to question him.

Mourinho does this all the time,

he criticized joe cole and he turned out to be a fantastic player for us

He criticized ozil and he became the best 10 in the world

He criticized benzema one period and he started scoring fantastically

Mourinho said he criticizes his best players, im sure you didnt believe him when he said it. He is doing it to psych up mata to perform to even greater levels

Mourinho said he criticizes his best players, im sure you didnt believe him when he said it. He is doing it to psych up mata to perform to even greater levels

Hopefully that's the point in making that criticism publicly.

But right now it doesn't seems like he is gonna get a lot of gametime in the #10 role to genuinely prove his worth.

Hopefully that's the point in making that criticism publicly.

But right now it doesn't seems like he is gonna get a lot of gametime in the #10 role to genuinely prove his worth.

Exactly, thats why he did this. He's going to play like he's in a champs league final when he gets his chance

I don't think it's a matter of who's better, but rather a matter of inability; that is Mata's inability to play the number ten role that Jose wants in the team right now. The role has changed immensely since last season under Rafa where we were basically playing a 4-4-1-1 with Mata as a second striker.

First, Jose wants the number ten to play like a central midfielder in defense. He wants the 4-2-3-1 to turn into 4-3-3 in defense. Mata cannot do that, he doesn't have the physical strength, nor the defensive abilities to do so. Jose also wants the #10 to be the player chases the ball and put pressure on the opposition's deepest midfielder.

Secondly, and I'm really surprised that this has not been mentioned because, for me, this is the most important aspect, Jose wants the number ten to drop to receive the ball and then be the one that moves the ball to the wings or strikers. Last season, all Mata had to do was sit in the final third and wait for the ball to come to him. He can't drop and link-up with the pivot and fullbacks like Jose wants because he's very uncomfortable with his back to goal. The mistake which led to the corner that Basel scored from is an example of that. Last season, our biggest issue imo was our inability to move the ball from defense to attack and playing Oscar in the #10 role practically solves that.That's why, for me, he has to be first choice.

As for Mata, I think he will need to play on the wing. Yes, he doesn't have the pace to be effective there on the counter attack, but most of our games we will be dominating possession and he could be vital for the team by providing a creative spark. On the left wing, he is capable of proving some much needed width in some games. Oscar and KDB should be our two number tens, imo.

And as for Jose's comments, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's trying to motivate Mata who is a professional and will only try to work harder because of those comments.

Oh, and can we pleeease stop putting Oscar (and KDB for that matter) in the pivot for goodness' sake?! This isn't FIFA, players don't have perfect movement off the ball even if they're playing out of position. You can't squeeze all out AMs into the same formation, so please stop trying to.

Imagine David Moyes going to Van Persie and telling him: "sorry mate, you just lost your place to Rooney. you need to adapt to some new tactics I have which Rooney does much better. Rooney defends better and creates more goals. you only score goals, not good enough. so now you play behind the striker, Rooney plays alone upfront. "

When you have a player who was doing his job right, creating goals and scoring them, (Mata scored 21 last year) you don't go and tell him " I want to play Oscar in the no10 role, you play on the right" he earned that place, and he's somehow lost it now? Jose said he doesn't want Oscar to be chasing fullbacks, lol strong double standards. so he's okay for Mata to chase back and not Oscar?

And did Mata even get a chance to fight for his no10 role? he's kept him on the bench since pre season ffs. he lost his position without even having the chance to fight for it.

We played Sturridge on the wings when he was a center forward, people said hes not good enough, so we got rid of him he's the top goal scorer in the league now.

Secondly, and I'm really surprised that this has not been mentioned because, for me, this is the most important aspect, Jose wants the number ten to drop to receive the ball and then be the one that moves the ball to the wings or strikers. Last season, all Mata had to do was sit in the final third and wait for the ball to come to him. He can't drop and link-up with the pivot and fullbacks like Jose wants because he's very uncomfortable with his back to goal. The mistake which led to the corner that Basel scored from is an example of that. Last season, our biggest issue imo was our inability to move the ball from defense to attack and playing Oscar in the #10 role practically solves that.That's why, for me, he has to be first choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiL0hMLTaxs

Imagine David Moyes going to Van Persie and telling him: "sorry mate, you just lost your place to Rooney. you need to adapt to some new tactics I have which Rooney does much better. Rooney defends better and creates more goals. you only score goals, not good enough. so now you play behind the striker, Rooney plays alone upfront. "

When you have a player who was doing his job right, creating goals and scoring them, (Mata scored 21 last year) you don't go and tell him " I want to play Oscar in the no10 role, you play on the right" he earned that place, and he's somehow lost it now? Jose said he doesn't want Oscar to be chasing fullbacks, lol strong double standards. so he's okay for Mata to chase back and not Oscar?

And did Mata even get a chance to fight for his no10 role? he's kept him on the bench since pre season ffs. he lost his position without even having the chance to fight for it.

We played Sturridge on the wings when he was a center forward, people said hes not good enough, so we got rid of him he's the top goal scorer in the league now.

The difference is that vanpersie made manutd premier league champions, made them dominate lots of teams and manutd were tipped as favorites for all the strong competitions.

Were we tipped as favorites to win the league? NO

Were we tipped as favorites to win the champs league? NO

Then something was wrong with our system and we should change for the better

Im not saying we should sell mata(your beginning to make it seem like i hate him when i love him) but im just saying he should adapt some of his style of play to fit into mourinho's system

This is a really strange situation - a few years ago we were crying for a playmaker, someone who can create something out of nothing. Now we have two excellent players fighting for the spot and the battle might end up badly. Sometimes you just wish football was a game for a 12-men team.

This is a really strange situation - a few years ago we were crying for a playmaker, someone who can create something out of nothing. Now we have two excellent players fighting for the spot and the battle might end up badly. Sometimes you just wish football was a game for a 12-men team.

No. If only there was a machine that can merge both Mata and Oscar. Will solve all problems instantly..

The difference is that vanpersie made manutd premier league champions, made them dominate lots of teams and manutd were tipped as favorites for all the strong competitions.

Im not saying we should sell mata(your beginning to make it seem like i hate him when i love him) but im just saying he should adapt some of his style of play to fit into mourinho's system

whats wrong and need to be fix if we continue play like previous season under rafa

is mostly about having great striker and CM,

better striker to shoot, instinct, and really better movement

and fix the horrible distibution from defence to attacking player( last season mata &striker)

i bet, if we can fix that and even using same system like previous season

we can be really much better team, and become frightening one

I don't think it's a matter of who's better, but rather a matter of inability; that is Mata's inability to play the number ten role that Jose wants in the team right now. The role has changed immensely since last season under Rafa where we were basically playing a 4-4-1-1 with Mata as a second striker.

First, Jose wants the number ten to play like a central midfielder in defense. He wants the 4-2-3-1 to turn into 4-3-3 in defense. Mata cannot do that, he doesn't have the physical strength, nor the defensive abilities to do so. Jose also wants the #10 to be the player chases the ball and put pressure on the opposition's deepest midfielder.

As for Mata, I think he will need to play on the wing. Yes, he doesn't have the pace to be effective there on the counter attack, but most of our games we will be dominating possession and he could be vital for the team by providing a creative spark. On the left wing, he is capable of proving some much needed width in some games. Oscar and KDB should be our two number tens, imo.

And as for Jose's comments, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's trying to motivate Mata who is a professional and will only try to work harder because of those comments.

Oh, and can we pleeease stop putting Oscar (and KDB for that matter) in the pivot for goodness' sake?! This isn't FIFA, players don't have perfect movement off the ball even if they're playing out of position. You can't squeeze all out AMs into the same formation, so please stop trying to.

This is what i've been trying to explain to cech's helmet for two pages now yet he doesnt seem to grasp it. Thank goodness someone else understands this, i thought i was alone in this

Our "problem" is not the bloody no10 position. Mata was the only world class player who carried us for the last 2 years. yes we have problems, we have lots of problems. we have central midfielders who cant tackle nor pass. we have a striker who cant score, we have defenders like Luiz making the same mistakes game after game. yup let's bench Mata. that will solve everything. the one who created and scored half of our goals is going to be benched because he's playing alongside players who cant do their jobs properly.

our "problems" could have been fixed in the summer, we could have signed cavani or falcao. a defender and a central midfielder.

This is what i've been trying to explain to cech's helmet for two pages now yet he doesnt seem to grasp it. Thank goodness someone else understands this, i thought i was alone in this

This "criticizing" him to make him "better" would mean shit all when Mata puts in a transfer request in January and ends up at Man Utd or Arsenal.

to be fair, whats wrong and need to be fix if we continue play like previous season under rafa

is only about having great striker and CM,

better striker to shoot, instinct, and really better movement

and fix the horrible distibution from defence to attacking player( last season mata &striker)

i bet, if we can fix that and even using same system like previous season

we can be really much better team, and become frightening one

Yes exactly, this is what is conflicting us all. Benitez system required all these problems to be solved to become perfect.

Now we are using mouriho's system which has different problems of its own