Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

If it comes to Eto'o or stick with who we've got I think we should pass on Eto'o.

I just can't see why we're after ONLY a striker though. Wish we were as dead set on getting a CM as we appear to be a striker. If we bought someone like Witsel or De Rossi and no striker before the deadline I'd be elated.

Eto would be a temporary option. One that we see us through until lukaku is fully ready. We don't need a long term option.

Eto'o is too much temporary, his football is still acceptable but we'll still need a striker in the next season.It may fix our problem this year in attack, but we'll still need to spend when Eto'o finish his contract, Lukaku needs a big striker to compete with him for first place, we cant only rely on Lukaku for the next five or six years that is why Rooney is a better option than Eto'o.

Eto'o is too much temporary, his football is still acceptable but we'll still need a striker in the next season.It may fix our problem this year in attack, but we'll still need to spend when Eto'o finish his contract, Lukaku needs a big striker to compete with him for first place, we cant only rely on Lukaku for the next five or six years that is why Rooney is a better option than Eto'o.

Ofc Rooney is better.

5 or 6 years seems extreme. You don't have to be 26 to be relied on. Of course he may not peak until then, but he can be a big time player for us before then. He may even have to be this year.

The problem with Eto is the crazy wages.

Ofc Rooney is better.

5 or 6 years seems extreme. You don't have to be 26 to be relied on. Of course he may not peak until then, but he can be a big time player for us before then. He may even have to be this year.

The problem with Eto is the crazy wages.

Lukaku is definitely staying here for a long long time.He is a Chelsea supporter before being a player and he'll have plenty of chances to prove he's our main man, a la Rooney back in 2004 when he was playing with Ruud VN and Louis Saha, and through times he had to play with Ronaldo and Tevez & Berbatov and now Chicharito and Van Persie, we have to do the same with Lukaku.Always giving him a big name to compete with that's why I chose Rooney rather than Eto'o to compete with Lukaku, the Englishmen flexibility will help the Belgian a lot and still gives him competition to lead the attack.About Eto'o crazy wages, the board wont do crazy deals I feel.

Meulensteen When asked if he could see such a deal going through he told Sky Sports News: I can see it happening.

I mean I know Samuel is a bit older, coming to the end years of his career, and obviously the English Premier League throws completely different demands on you, different than hes been used to the last couple of years.

"But hes still a very, very good player and if hes surrounded by better players, if they can get him into scoring positions in the box hes still very, very, very good.

Strange thing, but United also seem to be in for him. Personally I don't see where he would fit in with their current set up, yet if they don't want to sell Rooney to us, we should definitely try not to let them snatch Eto'o from right in front of our noses.

@CobhamLive: Manchester United will sign Samuel Eto'o if Wayne Rooney's move to Chelsea goes through, his agent has exclusively told BT Sport. #MUFC #CFC

Well that's bullshit because it is totally up to united if it goes through its not like they are trying to sell him to us. He wants to come as far as we can tell. Jose has openly stated he wants him. So united surely know whether they will sell him or not.