239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opppps!

I totally forgot that one.

I guess that is the one anomaly out there.

I do remember begging for Klopp over any other managers out there after Benítez left. :-)

Mourinho with Porto. Winner of the UEFA Cup and Champions League in 2003 and 2004.That team cost virtually nothing and won everything.

It's the greatest achievement in football in the last 20 years for sure.

Mourinho with Porto. Winner of the UEFA Cup and Champions League in 2003 and 2004.That team cost virtually nothing and won everything.

It's the greatest achievement in football in the last 20 years for sure.

But isn't Porto and Benfica Portugal giants?

But isn't Porto and Benfica Portugal giants?

If we are talking about the 60's, yes Benfica is a giant in Europe. The 2nd best team in Europe after Real Madrid and maybe the third in the world because Santos was better too in that time I believe.

Porto winning the Champions League in 2004 it's like Crystal Palace winning this season the Premiere Legue.

If we are talking about the 60's, yes Benfica is a giant in Europe. The 2nd best team in Europe after Real Madrid and maybe the third in the world because Santos was better too in that time I believe.

Porto winning the Champions League in 2004 it's like Crystal Palace winning this season the Premiere Legue.

Agreed, according to that era, they weren't expected to do anything big.