Bayern Munich 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

perhaps you dont recall their arrogance before the CL final at their stadium ...or their lack of grace when they were defeated ...

try a better post next time

What does this has to do with making shit up when you know you are wrong?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDM cared so much, and he did not go bitch and moan after every match like SAF or Mourinho do.

It just cringe worthy to hear that, when you know he is clearly wrong!

True but Jose has always been like this.Even at Inter and Madrid,he always chose to defend his team first and did whatever he could to minimize any media attack on players.A trait which may irritating at times but one to be always proud of.

True but Jose has always been like this.Even at Inter and Madrid,he always chose to defend his team first and did whatever he could to minimize any media attack on players.A trait which may irritating at times but one to be always proud of.

I guess you are right.

I don't like it but I guess the best thing for me is not to listen to any shit he has to say and just watch the match from now on!

I guess you are right.

I don't like it but I guess the best thing for me is not to listen to any shit he has to say and just watch the match from now on!

Actually he always does this for one reason. protect his players. The big media companies focused on that rather than focusing on Ramires's red card or Lukaku's missed penalty. If he had said that we deserved to lose, the media would have butchered both Rami and Lukaku. It's the kind of attitude he has had since he first came in. He takes all the blame, distracts the media from what the players have done wrong. He protects them. Moreover it fires up the players. if you've watched the documentary Blue Revolution, a journalist, whose name I fail to remember now, said how Mourinho used to stick up the front page of sporting newspapers that used to write absolute hate on Mourinho and the club and then Jose would tell the players to go out and prove them wrong. We ended up winning two back to back titles. He does it to bring that sense of family into the squad. The reason why always his players love him.

EDIT: Journalist's name is Henry Winter.

I guess you are right.

have you ever heard managers not complain ,,,how did B ayern respond to defeat ...

as you have said yourself dont listen then

Actually he always does this for one reason. protect his players. The big media companies focused on that rather than focusing on Ramires's red card or Lukaku's missed penalty. If he had said that we deserved to lose, the media would have butchered both Rami and Lukaku. It's the kind of attitude he has had since he first came in. He takes all the blame, distracts the media from what the players have done wrong. He protects them. Moreover it fires up the players. if you've watched the documentary Blue Revolution, a journalist, whose name I fail to remember now, said how Mourinho used to stick up the front page of sporting newspapers that used to write absolute hate on Mourinho and the club and then Jose would tell the players to go out and prove them wrong. We ended up winning two back to back titles. He does it to bring that sense of family into the squad. The reason why always his players love him.

EDIT: Journalist's name is Henry Winter.

Sounds like a weird type of method.

If it works for him then I guess it's okay.

For me, I always been the type of guy that you do all your talking on the field. It's like boxing, no matter how much shit the other guys talk it won't matter if his opposition is good.

have you ever heard managers not complain ,,,how did B ayern respond to defeat ...

as you have said yourself dont listen then

Carlo and RDM, managers that held themselves with utmost respect.

If it works for him then I guess it's okay.

For me, I always been the type of guy that you do all your talking on the field. It's like boxing, no matter how much shit the other guys talk it won't matter if his opposition is good.

Brian Clough used to do that too at Nottingham. It's a classic tactic used by probably the most successful managers. He usually does the talking both on the field and off it.

Brian Clough used to do that too at Nottingham. It's a classic tactic used by probably the most successful managers. He usually does the talking both on the field and off it.

Interesting.

Got any links and such to find out more about Brian Clough?

Thanks for that lecture on such methods. B)

Interesting.

Got any links and such to find out more about Brian Clough?

Thanks for that lecture on such methods. B)

Wikipedia should be enough actually. Or you can watch the movie , "The Damned United", it summarizes the important part of his life.

Haha, nah not a lecture. just pointing it out. :)

This match perfectly show the problems that go with Jose's "go one up then close down" philosophy, you bank that the opposition won't score.

That is the unwisest decision. When a team decides to stop attacking and go with all players defending the team will become overwhelmed eventually by the oppositions attack (they can only be saved by the bell). I have always believed that its is better to create some concern for opponents by attacking. The philosophy of all out defending only works by luck. If we had donated 2 men at least to continue attacking Bayern instead of defending theyw ouldnt have been able to put so much pressure that led to a last minute Equalizer. We could have had 2 attakers and 1 Mikel spraying long passes to the 2 attackers.

A typical example of this continuous attack was on display by Liverpool against MUFC at there last meeting in Anfield Liverpool was leading 1-0 but theys till kept on Harrasing MUFC with attacking flare forcing the MUFC team to station some players back in the defence as opposed to having all the players attack the liverpool goal end had Liverpool played the all-out defensive game after leading 1-0.

You guys can remmeber that even the Bayern golie was in Chelsea half. Mourinho (Special 1 or Happy 1), missed the winning key this time hope never plays that all out defensive again even with a 3-goal cushion its still a risky system to adopt.

SUPER CUP WHY WE LOST:

That is the unwisest decision. When a team decides to stop attacking and go with all players defending the team will become overwhelmed eventually by the oppositions attack (they can only be saved by the bell). I have always believed that its is better to create some concern for opponents by attacking. The philosophy of all out defending only works by luck. If we had donated 2 men at least to continue attacking Bayern instead of defending theyw ouldnt have been able to put so much pressure that led to a last minute Equalizer. We could have had 2 attakers and 1 Mikel spraying long passes to the 2 attackers.

A typical example of this continuous attack was on display by Liverpool against MUFC at there last meeting in Anfield Liverpool was leading 1-0 but theys till kept on Harrasing MUFC with attacking flare forcing the MUFC team to station some players back in the defence as opposed to having all the players attack the liverpool goal end had Liverpool played the all-out defensive game after leading 1-0.

You guys can remmeber that even the Bayern golie was in Chelsea half. Mourinho (Special 1 or Happy 1), missed the winning key this time hope never plays that all out defensive again even with a 3-goal cushion its still a risky system to adopt.

I think putting Azpi as right back and Ivanovic as third centre-back would have been better.

I disagree with hjperdeath it's not a matter of hindsight. I watched the game and had my heart in my mouth waiting for the final whistle, hoping luck will be on our side. It is quite simple If you dont attack your opponents they will overwhelm you with their own attack. 1 player lurking in the opponents half will reduce their attacking potential, 2 players will reduce it even further. On a day like that with 10 men (ie 9 players excluding GK) we could sacrifice 2 players disturbing the opponents... @ least with such a move you will not see Emmanuel Neuer making flying headers at the centre of the pitch ---- clear indication he was under no threat. Please Go and watch Liverpools game against MUFC and see what is meant by distabilizimng OR curbing an opponents attacking game-plan. Parking the bus only invites 10 attackers into your 18 area, and you only get lucky if the final whistle is on your side.

Carlo and RDM, managers that held themselves with utmost respect.

hhhmmm.....

Carlo & RDM

Vs

Jose-fucking-Mourinho & Brian-fucking-Clough!

Hmm, tough one.

Threatening you? What?!

Apologies for misreading what you said but even when it was 11 vs 11, I still don't agree that we should be pressing them like what you're trying to say. Can understand when you said we shouldn't underestimate the attacking qualities we have but the thing is, people are looking too much into that resulting in overlooking the other areas where problems will appear if we try to attack Bayern last night. We may have the quality of attacking midfielders to attack teams and cause them problems but we don't have a really solid defence and pivot behind them to really be playing attacking game especially against the big sides. We saw how we tried to play an open attacking game last season and got totally exposed on so many occasions especially under RDM. As a team, we still don't have the balance and really the right players to be doing that.

apology accepted :)

what i was thinking that when ever we make four or five passes they seems to withdraw back and we gained control. But most of the times when we cut their play we just kick the ball to area where no one is around which results a throw in or goal kick.

hhhmmm.....

Carlo & RDM

Vs

Jose-fucking-Mourinho & Brian-fucking-Clough!

Hmm, tough one.

What about pep?

Or guus?

I think they where/are great managers of today's modern era.

Was looking at Brian story, seems like what he did is nearly impossible today.

It's very hard to see such miracles today because a lot of clubs have big economical power.

He will have to be at a club like city, Chelsea, Arsenal and such to have a chance today.

No way anybody can take a team from nothing and become relevant with out the big cash.

What about pep?

Or guus?

It's very hard to see such miracles today because a lot of clubs have big economical power.

He will have to be at a club like city, Chelsea, Arsenal and such to have a chance today.

No way anybody can take a team from nothing and become relevant with out the big cash.

Bobby Robson at Ipswich??? Or is that too ancient ?

What about pep?

Or guus?

Jurgen Klopp and Borrusia Dortmund .