Roma v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a game i can watch and i'm really looking forward to it. We played em at the start of Jose's last era where and comprehensively done em 3-0 although Robben got injured by that dirty scum bag Olivier Dacourt. Think he was sent off actually, no surprise there, dirtiest team to ever play the game. After losing to Madrid, i'm sure we'll be determined to get back to winning ways. I'd say 4-1.

Lukaku must impress today he was too disappointing in the last 3 matches.

He was decent against inter and good against milan, vs real madrid our whole attack was shit, almost impossable for a lone striker to impress in that situation.

Well Mourinho seems concerned about fatigue although the season is yet to start... and I understand why he is (though I must admit I haven't thought of it until now). The players traveled a lot to make this pre-season work and I wonder if that's the best way to do it, but that's another discussion.

I think this is a valid concern at this point as many of the lads have had very little down time this summer. Some have crisscross end the planet and going from end of the season to the US to Asia to London and back to the US and back to London. At least they stayed on the East Coast of the US (crappy for fans but better for the players). They say you need one day for each hour you change time zones to work the jet lag out of your system. I am sure this varies for everyone and that professional athletes have their tricks to get around it. The younger you are the easier it is also. I find going west to east (New York to London) is a harder adjustment than the opposite. Going from China to Michigan or back again is a 12 hour time change...so both directions are awful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And who else was? Ba? Torres? Nein man.

Thats hardly an argument. If theres 3 pieces of shit, you aint going to say I pick this one because it doesnt smell as bad.

We need a class striker, end of. Lukaku isnt the finished product we all hoped he would be. He still has time to develop.

I think this game will be difficult, not as much as the Madrid game but still a step up from the Inter Milan game. Roma have some cracking players in Pjanic, Totti, Lamela, Strootman and De Rossi. Totti will probably be their key man, everything seems to run through him still, he seems to have gotten better with age. Will a great experience, there is a reunion for Hazard with Rudi Garcia, his Lille manager, so I'd imagine Roma will know what they are up against on the left if he plays (which he probably will). I'm also hoping to see a bit more of Andre Schurrle, on the left or right wherever, want to see him running at players taking them on one on one using his pace, not seen that very much yet. Also using van Ginkel in midfield against with Ramires against another team with some quality MF players (Pjanic, Strootman, Bradly, De Rossi) will be a good test for him and Rami, he has done very well so far so I'm hoping it continues. Defensively they are there to be gotten at, they were the top goal scorers in Serie A but had a shocking goal difference, mostly due to their all out attack footballing philosophy that Zeman had looked to instill but sure they are still there to be gotten at. Their full backs like to go up still and they probably aren't as good at defending as they are at attacking, I watched their MLS all-stars game and if a team with quality on the wings looked to exploit the spaces behind them then their is a chance we could hurt them from there. Also Lukaku could cause problems with his strength and pace, hopefully he'll be more effective than against Real (posted in another thread that I felt he was nervous and looked inexperienced against a top top team with his runs and use of the ball) who had 2 top center backs as opposed to Roma who will probably use Leandro Castan and Benatia (who is actually a pretty good center back in all honesty) so hopefully he is much more effective. Also we might end up seeing Tin Jedvaj (17 or 18 year old Croatian who apparently agreed to go to Spurs/Arsenal) get some minutes at CB for Roma and by the looks of him Lukaku will have a fun day against him competing physically. Going for 4-1 Chelsea tbh. Bit optimistic but haha yeah.

I watched the Roma Vs. Toronto FC game which was playing same time as madrid( computer and tv) and even though TFC is one of the worst teams in MLS they gave roma a game for quite some time because they pressured high and went at the wingbacks.. I feel we will get some joy doing this as well as our wing players and full backs have way more quality then what TFC could put on the field.. I feel this should be a comfortable win as long as the finishing is there