TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2013/14

Steve

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

68 points this week. All of my strikers scored a goal and all three defenders kept a clean sheet but the midfield failed me this time around with only 15 points coming from four players.

Thinking about transferring out Olivier Giroud. I've had him from the beginning and in that time his price has gone up from 8.5 to 9.6 so I would lose a lot of money if I sold him now for a mere 9.0 and I probably wouldn't be able to afford him if I wanted him back later. That move could backfire on me badly if he kept playing and scoring goals but keeping him doesn't sound that good an option either because Arsenal have very tough PL fixtures coming up, not to mention their vital Champions League games against the likes of Napoli and Dortmund which could force Wenger to rotate his team a bit. I also have Özil and Ramsey from Arsenal so one of them has to go and Giroud would probably be the easiest to replace. Benteke maybe?

Just made the Giroud -> Benteke transfer. Time will tell whether it was a good move but looking at the fixture list I am willing to take the risk. Arsenal have very tough fixtures coming up whereas Aston Villa will be facing the likes of Cardiff, Sunderland and West Brom for the next month or so.

The man in top form Aaron Ramsey will be dropped to the bench for Robbie Brady who's playing against Sunderland at home.

Now the lineup is almost done, only thing remaining is the captain but I'm having a hard time selecting one. I've thought about Hazard because Newcastle's defense has been atrocious lately but it'd be a risk because Eden might not even start after Schürrle, Willian and Mata all had good games this week and Hazard wasn't at his best against City. Then there's Benteke but he's up against a defensively good West Ham side and he's only regaining his match fitness so he wouldn't be an ideal captain either. The likes of Sturridge, Özil and Lukaku will all be facing a top6 team so they're ruled out, I suppose.

Just made the Giroud -> Benteke transfer. Time will tell whether it was a good move but looking at the fixture list I am willing to take the risk. Arsenal have very tough fixtures coming up whereas Aston Villa will be facing the likes of Cardiff, Sunderland and West Brom for the next month or so.

The man in top form Aaron Ramsey will be dropped to the bench for Robbie Brady who's playing against Sunderland at home.

Now the lineup is almost done, only thing remaining is the captain but I'm having a hard time selecting one. I've thought about Hazard because Newcastle's defense has been atrocious lately but it'd be a risk because Eden might not even start after Schürrle, Willian and Mata all had good games this week and Hazard wasn't at his best against City. Then there's Benteke but he's up against a defensively good West Ham side and he's only regaining his match fitness so he wouldn't be an ideal captain either. The likes of Sturridge, Özil and Lukaku will all be facing a top6 team so they're ruled out, I suppose.

Ideal time for Benteke. I personally don't think Westham stop him scoring this weekend.

Captaincy isn't a problem for me - Robin should do the damage this week. I really wish I could pick Aguero though.

what you guys think are Suarez' chances of scoring?

Quite low in my opinion. It's Suarez though - so I wouldn't actually outright bet against him. His form would actually offer a big headache if I had him.

Benteke it is, then. I'll blame you if things go wrong. :Goober:

I'd be happy to see it go wrong if it wasn't my striker too! ;p

Quite low in my opinion. It's Suarez though - so I wouldn't actually outright bet against him. His form would actually offer a big headache if I had him.

I'd be happy to see it go wrong if it wasn't my striker too! ;p

I moved my captain armband cos of you. If he scores, I'm coming to you in your dreams, Jay. I'll go disguised as the girl from The Grudge

:kiss:

I moved my captain armband cos of you. If he scores, I'm coming to you in your dreams, Jay. I'll go disguised as the girl from The Grudge

:kiss:

Lol.

Pretty harsh!

I'll be ready for you (in my dreams) ;p

Yaya for captn????

Don't think so. Yaya never seems like a good captain option to me. That's just me though. I prefer the more likely goal scorers/assist makers. A midfielder is nice if you get it right though.

A horrible round. 21 points and I only have Lukaku and Williams left. Overall position down from 344 to 6647 and my rank for this gameweek is 2,757,443 so basically everyone who even bothers with this game got a better score than me.

Was maybe the best idea ever to bench Ramsey (10pts) for Brady who scored fuck all. :lol:

A horrible round. 21 points and I only have Lukaku and Williams left. Overall position down from 344 to 6647 and my rank for this gameweek is 2,757,443 so basically everyone who even bothers with this game got a better score than me.

Was maybe the best idea ever to bench Ramsey (10pts) for Brady who scored fuck all. :lol:

don't worry, we certainly didn't capitalize :P