TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2013/14

Steve

Had Hazard as my captain, definitely not a bad round for him but nowhere near Suarez who was my VC. Still top of the table in the TC league but only nine points ahead now.

@JayC, remember when I said two months ago that it's only a matter of time till Hazard hits top form again and will soon be back in everyone's teams? After that he has scored 64 points in seven games, which is actually the third highest score behind Suarez and Aguero from that period of time, and also his price has gone up by half a mil. :P

Bit of a late response - but I've been super busy lately.

You called it, yes. I should have gotten him. This game is so luck based though - it's stupid.

I'm having such an odd time. My decisions haven't been brilliant lately. Long way to go though, and you only lead me by sixty points. Ultimately you are being dragged down slowly like I predicted. Others are right on your arse. Squeeky bum time? ;p

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having such an odd time. My decisions haven't been brilliant lately. Long way to go though, and you only lead me by sixty points. Ultimately you are being dragged down slowly like I predicted. Others are right on your arse. Squeeky bum time? ;p

Nah I'm not concerned, it was always obvious I wasn't going to stick around in the top 200 of over 3 million players forever in the overall competition but it was good fun while it lasted! Around a month ago everything started going to shit when I didn't yet have Suarez or Aguero and they were on fire but after getting them too I have been able to maintain my lead quite comfortably. Of course I'm only six points ahead of Barbara and some others too so it won't take much for one of them to claim the top spot from me now, but looking at the squads I have mostly the same key players as they do so apart from choosing the right captain there's not much that can be done to get the advantage at this stage.

Nah I'm not concerned, it was always obvious I wasn't going to stick around in the top 200 of over 3 million players forever in the overall competition but it was good fun while it lasted! Around a month ago everything started going to shit when I didn't yet have Suarez or Aguero and they were on fire but after getting them too I have been able to maintain my lead quite comfortably. Of course I'm only six points ahead of Barbara and some others too so it won't take much for one of them to claim the top spot from me now, but looking at the squads I have mostly the same key players as they do so apart from choosing the right captain there's not much that can be done to get the advantage at this stage.

Very true. There are players you just cannot ignore now. Ramsey and Suarez being two. The teams are becoming a bit cookie-cutter.

I had my armband on Suarez at 11:28 as well, when I decided to take the risk with Aguero. Cost me 30 odd points..... luck based again. Nobody saw the 5-0 coming. I just hope it's my time for a good run ;p

Very true. There are players you just cannot ignore now. Ramsey and Suarez being two. The teams are becoming a bit cookie-cutter.

I had my armband on Suarez at 11:28 as well, when I decided to take the risk with Aguero. Cost me 30 odd points..... luck based again. Nobody saw the 5-0 coming. I just hope it's my time for a good run ;p

I'm never, ever again choosing someone over Suarez for the armband.

We'll play Liverpool in two weeks, I'll have him as my captain. Ofc I don't want him to score against us, but the man is on fire, so even if I don't want him to score against us, he might :(

I have both Ramsey and Suarez, but I believe the latter is the real deal while the former is only enjoying good form and I think it's only a matter of time before he's burn out. Arsenal don't rotate him, and I feel the succession of bad results (especially if we manage to get points at Emirates comes Monday) will take its toll on them and I can predict some free fall effect. But until then I'll have both him and Ozil in my team. My prediction may completely be wrong and Arsenal may shrug off their recent bad results, so I won't touch either of them until I see it actually happening.

I wasn't going to change Aguero when they said he was out for only two weeks. He's much more expensive now than when I bought him and I was going to lose so money and risk not having enough of it to buy him back, but being away 4 weeks I really don't have an option :(

I might get Rooney or Lukaku instead of Negredo though because unlike Jype I'm not sure City will carry it on with Negredo, they'll miss Kun a lot imo and I hope it affects their form :P we all know they weren't that amazing away, so I hope without Kun there to net balls in, they just have some shocking results. In one month they'll play 8 matches and I'm looking forward to them dropping about 5 points without Kun.

I'm going to get Toure for Oscar though. Oscar is clearly out of form and I wonder if he isn't burn out for the 130+ matches he has under his belt in 18 months... he's young, but that's still a crazy amount of matches.

and I've miss you, Jay.

I'm never, ever again choosing someone over Suarez for the armband.

We'll play Liverpool in two weeks, I'll have him as my captain. Ofc I don't want him to score against us, but the man is on fire, so even if I don't want him to score against us, he might :(

I have both Ramsey and Suarez, but I believe the latter is the real deal while the former is only enjoying good form and I think it's only a matter of time before he's burn out. Arsenal don't rotate him, and I feel the succession of bad results (especially if we manage to get points at Emirates comes Monday) will take its toll on them and I can predict some free fall effect. But until then I'll have both him and Ozil in my team. My prediction may completely be wrong and Arsenal may shrug off their recent bad results, so I won't touch either of them until I see it actually happening.

I wasn't going to change Aguero when they said he was out for only two weeks. He's much more expensive now than when I bought him and I was going to lose so money and risk not having enough of it to buy him back, but being away 4 weeks I really don't have an option :(

I might get Rooney or Lukaku instead of Negredo though because unlike Jype I'm not sure City will carry it on with Negredo, they'll miss Kun a lot imo and I hope it affects their form :P we all know they weren't that amazing away, so I hope without Kun there to net balls in, they just have some shocking results. In one month they'll play 8 matches and I'm looking forward to them dropping about 5 points without Kun.

I'm going to get Toure for Oscar though. Oscar is clearly out of form and I wonder if he isn't burn out for the 130+ matches he has under his belt in 18 months... he's young, but that's still a crazy amount of matches.

and I've miss you, Jay.

Yeah. There is so much to think about in this game. Too many options and problems. That is why I see it as heavily luck-based. Still a lot of fun though to see if you can get it right. Aguero for me has to go - in fact I just sold him and brought in Negredo before rises and falls take place tonight. After all it's not two weeks he will be out, and I don't think anybody wants £12.4m sitting doing nothing. Regarding City without Kun - I believe they'll be alright should David Silva remain available; along with Negredo they should keep City fairly stable. Kun is a massive loss though, no doubt.

The midfielders this year are pretty problematic There isn't a lot of choice and I'm starting to think the same as you - Toure. Although he costs a bomb now. I was happy with Gerrard but he's been put on the shelf for the entire Christmas period.

Also probably wouldn't get Rooney - he'll be asked to play out of position again in upcoming fixtures.

And I've missed you too! /hugs ;p

• 2 weeks later...

Still in the Cup after a tight win against an opponent who's done fuck all to his team since August, how's everyone else doing?

Horribly. I went out in round one - it's too imbalanced. All it takes is for your players to have some tough fixtures and no possibility of doing more than two changes, and you can go out to even someone who doesn't play. It should be done over two legs. I don't see a point to it otherwise - far too random. I think the furthest I ever got was in my first season, making millions of errors while playing - says it all.

Gamble of the week for me is Lukaku > Giroud. Surely he must score in this fixture!

Horribly. I went out in round one - it's too imbalanced. All it takes is for your players to have some tough fixtures and no possibility of doing more than two changes, and you can go out to even someone who doesn't play. It should be done over two legs. I don't see a point to it otherwise - far too random. I think the furthest I ever got was in my first season, making millions of errors while playing - says it all.

Gamble of the week for me is Lukaku > Giroud. Surely he must score in this fixture!

I went out in round one as well...as I didn't realise four of my players were either injured or suspended :angry:

Completely agree, the cup should be done over two legs..

I went out in round one as well...as I didn't realise four of my players were either injured or suspended :angry:

Completely agree, the cup should be done over two legs..

That's a pretty big error on your part to be fair!

I wouldn't worry about it though - 50% of the top tier of players also crashed and burned in week one. Well I'm pretty sure I read that. A flawed competition, due to impossibly hard factors out of our control. Basically the cup winner should put the lottery on as it's surely a sign of being the luckiest person playing the game ;p

Hi all, how's everyone doing? haven't posted for a while. I'm currently 6th in the league (Zwaigerino FC).

Had a shocking start to the season but have gradually managed to pull it round - still a long way to go.

So whose played their Jan wildcard and what players are people looking at?

I've activated mine this week

Just to let you guys know, you can make transfers up until 7:30 tomorrow/later. The games kick off at 7:45 and 8 so the team sheets will be out atleast an hour beforehand (so they've screwed up basically). Didn't want to be a dick and not say anything ;)

• 4 weeks later...