Forgotten/Never lived upto the hype Footballers?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about players who never fulfilled their potential to the full like say Guti at Madrid, who could have been so much more than what he was...

Also Fernando Gago never lived up to the hype.

John Fleck at Rangers crumbled under the pressure and never became what he was meant to be, which wasn't world class to any extent but better than the shite cunt he is now.

Obviously Michael Johnson was a big one in the PL. Don't know what happened to him but the last I seen of him he was this big bloated fella with a beard.

Javier Saviola too, hes had a decent career but he could have been massive.

Also that Brazilian Kelton or Kelron (can't remember, the guy who did the seal dribble trick anyway in a u20 world cup game) didn't live up to his potential. Didn't he not sign for Inter Milan then end up back in Brazil not long after?

Also that Brazilian Kelton or Kelron (can't remember, the guy who did the seal dribble trick anyway in a u20 world cup game) didn't live up to his potential. Didn't he not sign for Inter Milan then end up back in Brazil not long after?

Kerlon, a young player from Cruzeiro...

But to be honest, he never had any perspective of a bright future. People went crazy for no reason, they confuse talent and tricks with actual realistic ability to play football!

May i feel free to throw in two of these guy's names

Diego and Krasic? if that would be fair, Definately diego i would mention as i remember that guy being a pretty big draw in his days at werder, went to juventus, juve had a crap season that season went back to wolfsburg, seemed to not work out for him, I also remember kjaer at wolfsburg too being a bit of a big hit in a way then dissapearing?, I also too could mention..Palermo, I had hopes for that team as they and napoli seemed to be the big two up and coming Italian football teams, napoli made it but Palermo sunk.

As in ones forgotten after starting with big hype or another form of how they were known and then suddenly dissapeared off the map
as my memory may remember

Benjani, Savio Nserko, Luis Jiminez, David nugent, Amantino Mancini, Federico Macheda?

And also if chelsea fans may remember, Asier Del Horno?

People havent mentioned Mikel yet.

So....

Mikel.

He is still here so nothing to stop him from justifying the hype in his younger days, not likely though.

ZAKI - Forgotten

Obafemi Martins - i thought he had great potential in his first season.

Aquilani - Lol

And also if chelsea fans may remember, Asier Del Horno?

Was so excited when we got him, a good left back who scores goals. His first month resulted in a header cleared off the line by Ljungberg against Arsenal then a goal against Spurs.

Were did it all go wrong :(

How about Jo? I remember there was some hype around the guy, even when he moved to man city but it too seemed to go wrong as well.

Also i remember a PSV fan i knew had MASSIVE hopes over Ibrahim Affelay only for him too to somewhat go down, Huntelaar hasn't totally fallen but i remember him Being touted as the next Van Nistelrooy.