Forgotten/Never lived upto the hype Footballers?

Ever remember years ago a footballer abeit from the south american leagues or european leagues, any leagues for that matter had a massive load of hype around them in their younger days ..now they have seemed to gone missing and forgotten from all the huge hype, ethier by injury's or they just did not live upto the hype? i thought i would make a thread about them.

Names like, Freddy Adu (Next pele), Kerlon (The guy famous for the seal dribble), Gai Assulin (Ment to be the Next Messi) spring to mind

Not to say they are bad footballers just a thread for those who have gone missing or never lived upto the hype..along them lines :3.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Names like, Freddy Adu (Next pele)

I remember watching him at the U20's World Cup a few years ago and he was head and shoulders above everyone else. I hadn't seen such a young player as gifted as him up to that point. Can't believe he hasn't made it on the pro level.

First players who comes to my mind are Valeri Bojinov and Quaresma.Two very talanted boys.Can't tell why Quaresma didn't make it,but he had great potential.Bojinov was an amazing striker.I remember his goals for Lecce and Fiorentina.But he chose the wrong way with nightlife,girls,drinks and so on.Shame on him,because he had the potential to play on top level long time for a big club.

Arturo Lupoli

Arsenal fans thought he was the next Henry, Italy were pining their future hopes on him and Rossi (atleast one made the grade).

Know where he is now? playing for Grosetto who just got relegated from Serie B last season, his goal record their so far stands at 2 goals in 19 games.

This guy alone is why i struggle to take Arsenal seriously when they hype players up as the next big thing, for one Fabregas their's a group that involves this guy, Pennant and Alliadiere.