Forgotten/Never lived upto the hype Footballers?

To be fair mate Gazza was tremendous for us at Glasgow Rangers and played a huge role for our 9 in a row campaign !

Lets be fair, Having a few good seasons in the SPL and guiding an Old Firm team to two titles is hardly making it at the top top level.

Kevin Doyle was linked with Arsenal and Juventus a few years ago, He's not struggling to score goals in League One for Hull.

Freddy Adu, Adriano (Who was unplayable on his day) and Pato are all well noted. Someone posted the Pato goal at the Nou Camp a few years ago, remember seeing that and thinking fuck me what a player but it was never to be.

Jose Baxter at Everton was predicted to be Englands next top striker, He's playing in League One now for Sheffield United.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I am surprised nobody mentioned Denilson!

He had the talent to be better than Pelé (no kidding), it was ridiculous the amount of quality he waisted in night clubs and strips...

Even tho he has still been good i would say Balotelli, when he can be fucked he is absolutely unplayable, he would easily be the best after Messi and Ronaldo if he played like he did against Germany at the Euro's or Mexico in the Confederation's cup more often, he has so much talent it's insane.

@Rmpr, The Denilson that played for Betis? i remember playing LMA Manager 2003 and he was the best rated player in the game alongside Recoba for Inter :lol:

Sebastian Deisler

Marko Marin

Lukas Podolski, who actually is a decent player, but he was 20 fuckin years young when he conquered the World Cup but his only major titles are some odds Bundesliga Championships when the Bundesliga was extremely shit and he still was only a benchwarmer.

Johnathan Woodgate

Valerij Boijinov and Salomon Kalou were expected to become the greatest strikers in the world - but only in Fifa 07

Ganso

Even tho he has still been good i would say Balotelli, when he can be fucked he is absolutely unplayable, he would easily be the best after Messi and Ronaldo if he played like he did against Germany at the Euro's or Mexico in the Confederation's cup more often, he has so much talent it's insane.

@Rmpr, The Denilson that played for Betis? i remember playing LMA Manager 2003 and he was the best rated player in the game alongside Recoba for Inter :lol:

Well, he has won everything. Some players just can't motivate themselves to do the extraordinary every game. Also Drogba, Ibra are such players. That is just their mentality. But their mentality is also what makes them special players, you don't know how they would have developed if you would take away that.

Yeah, I remember people saying he was going to be the best player the world had ever seen, bla bla bla! :lol:

He was until last year the most expensive Brazilian. Betis bought him in 1998 and they had a plan to make Denilson a Ballon D'or winner by 2003. Didnt really worked out very well, lol. But I actually feel sorry for them...

He simply waisted it all on clubs, alcohol and women. And even then, he made into the 2002 Brazilian NT. He also has enough youtube videos to show off, LOL!

The top 10 list would be half Brazilians......

Also, before there was a Messi, there was Cassano.... Cassano really should of been "world class."

Also some honorable mentions

1. gourcuff

2. Nani

3. Joaquin also should of been world class and been featured for Spain NT had he not had the whole debacle with the NT coach.

Also, Ronaldo probably should of been the unanimous number 1 in history had he not been out of shape/injured and party so much...

Now, its Pele, Diego and Ronaldo with Messi joining them after his career is done...

Also, Ronaldo probably should of been the unanimous number 1 in history had he not been out of shape/injured and party so much...

Now, its Pele, Diego and Ronaldo with Messi joining them after his career is done...

I hardly think being second best in the world is underperforming or not living up to the hype.

I hardly think being second best in the world is underperforming or not living up to the hype.

Second best in the world? He is talking about the real Ronaldo, not this fake one! :P

I know it's off topic, but how about players that exceeded expectations? Surely Frank has to top that list. He never really had natural ability on the ball, but everything he achieved he did so by working harder than everybody else. That fact that he was in the top 3 players in the world in 2005 is beyond incredible.