Singha All-Stars v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I've ever been so excited about a pre-season friendly. So many interesting new players, loan returnees and youngsters like Schürrle, Van Ginkel, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Kalas, Chalobah, Feruz and Traore.

And of course Mourinho. :yay:

taking into account we don't have Luiz, Oscar, Azpili and Mata, I guess that's the best team we'd have although I'd switch Eden and Kevin's position as I think Kevin is amazing in the wing and Hazard would have a chance to play in the center - where he's also very good.

Also, I'm hoping André can play in the right wing as the season progresses.

That said, I hope Mourinho moves to a 4-3-3 formation if we don't sign a world class striker. No more relying on Torres.

So you guys all think Lukaku is definitely a better player than Ba then? That's an very bold conclusion isn't it?

Ba was scoring for fun before joining us, now all of the sudden he is shit and ready to be sold? I say give him some time to gel with the team and adjust his mentality of playing for a top club.

What do you guys think about the strongest line up that could be made with the squad we have right now?

I'll go with :

140713134000.png

Mark Schwarzer

Ivanovic - John Terry - Tomas Kalas -Ashley Cole

Marco van Ginkel - Nathaniel Chalobah

Kevin De Bruyne - Eden Hazard - Andre Schurrle

Romelu Lukaku

How about this, trying out chalobah and MVG in the pivot

Mark Schwarzer

Ivanovic - John Terry - Tomas Kalas -Ashley Cole

Marco van Ginkel - Nathaniel Chalobah

Kevin De Bruyne - Eden Hazard - Andre Schurrle

Romelu Lukaku

How about this, trying out chalobah and MVG in the pivot

it's pre-season friendlies, guys like Kalas, Ginkel and Chalobah would have their fair chances to play in the matches, I do think we should try our best formation as starting XI and give chances to the boys as the matches progresses.

Mourinho has to use these matches to start making up the team in his head. Although he doesn't have 5 important (and supposedly starting XI) players, I think he will try the best team at first, and includes Ramires and Lampard imo, but I'm sure Ginkel will have plenty of chances. Mourinho sort of hinted in his interview that Ginkel is for long term... same applies to Chalobah and Kalas imo

I do agree on the attacking three disposition.

it's pre-season friendlies, guys like Kalas, Ginkel and Chalobah would have their fair chances to play in the matches, I do think we should try our best formation as starting XI and give chances to the boys as the matches progresses.

Mourinho has to use these matches to start making up the team in his head. Although he doesn't have 5 important (and supposedly starting XI) players, I think he will try the best team at first, and includes Ramires and Lampard imo, but I'm sure Ginkel will have plenty of chances. Mourinho sort of hinted in his interview that Ginkel is for long term... same applies to Chalobah and Kalas imo

I do agree on the attacking three disposition.

My opinion is that mourinho knows about lamps and what he can offer, but it will be nice to know first hand what vanginkel and kalas will offer if played alongside the likes of hazard. Ramires and Lamps can come in with more experience in the second half.

Am I the only one who wants to see how Islam Feruz does with the first team lads ?

He made the trip down here and I wanna see him playing !!

Mourinho can have fun with the team in my opinion.. We've got some great young talents and I'm sure he wants to see what they're like under him in a real match. So I'm not too bothered about the Starting XI but Islam must be given a chance !