André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Wolfsburg forward Andre Schurrle is delighted to have been invited to Chelsea's final game of the season to receive a Premier League winners' medal.

The 24-year-old Germany star was sold to the Bundesliga side in January for a fee in the region £22m but made 14 Premier League appearances and scored three goals in the campaign prior to that.

Schurrle told BBC World Service's World Football programme: "I didn't know that I'd get a medal when I didn't play most of the second half of the season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9849938?

Deciding to trade him in for the, so-called, 'upgrade' in Cuadrado will be one of the stupidest decisions ever.

this was all about money - both Schurrle & Chelsea made out like bandits on this deal with Wolfsburg - I am sure the club was hoping Cuadrado could replace Zie German, but as we all could tell that answer was 'no'.

Deciding to trade him in for the, so-called, 'upgrade' in Cuadrado will be one of the stupidest decisions ever.

I think you're mixing up him with Salah, and it's already a major muck up.

But we only went for Cuadrado because we sold Schurrle. Otherwise, that transfer wouldn't have happened.

That's my feeling too.. Cuadrado was the consequence of the Schurrle sale, not the cause :(

Still, I'll never get over it

But we only went for Cuadrado because we sold Schurrle. Otherwise, that transfer wouldn't have happened.

So we got one player in place of two?

It could have been for either of them.

So we got one player in place of two?

It could have been for either of them.

When Mourinho was asked about the Cuadrado transfer back in February, he said this...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9702319/chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-insists-juan-cuadrado-was-no-panic-buy

"I don't think it's the best thing for him that I speak about expectations," he said. "He needs his time. He is not a panic buy. It's a reaction to Schurrle's departure."