Diego Lopez

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd be back up to Cech for fuck sake with Courtois going out on loan again :clown:

It's not some stupid story like "Messi to replace John Terry". It would make sense.

He joined Madrid TO BE BACK UP. Circumstances lead to him being #1. So we know he's fine with being back-up.

If he stays at Madrid, he'll be made back-up again as the manager will displace him by putting Casillas back in the frame.

So:- Why not follow a boss who seems to love him to Stamford Bridge, sign a 1 or 2 year contract and then play in cup games or be used if Cech is injured/suspended?

Courtois is not coming back next season to play sub. Hilario is leaving at the end of the season. I doubt Blackman will be promoted.

It would be Cech; Lopez; Turnbull.

It makes fine sense.

Actually if Hilario and Turnbull will be released this summer and Courtois go on loan once again. I wouldn't mind him joining us as a backup GK.

Anyway, will he still stay in Real after Jose exit?

Why the fuck?

We got Courtois!

Diego Lopez would hardly be a threat to Courtois, he's soon 32 years old and was willing to join Real Madrid as a backup but only became first choice due to circumstances we all know of already. Courtois won't be coming back for at least another year or two so having Cech as first choice and Lopez as backup till then would be amazing. We've all moaned about the lack of quality in our backup goalkeepers ever since Cudicini left so I don't see how getting a player like Diego Lopez would be a bad thing if the price was right (Real Madrid paid only €3m for him) and the man himself was willing to follow Mourinho to the Bridge.

Stop talking as if Jose would drop Cech, he brought him to the club and still for me one of the best keepers in the world. If Lopez did arrive he's miles better than Turnbull and Hilario and would provide good back up in a position that when Cech is injured won't have us crapping our pants worrying about Turnbull coming in.

Stop talking as if Jose would drop Cech, he brought him to the club and still for me one of the best keepers in the world. If Lopez did arrive he's miles better than Turnbull and Hilario and would provide good back up in a position that when Cech is injured won't have us crapping our pants worrying about Turnbull coming in.

I think you will find ranieri bought cech!!!

Sign him up. Carlo will probably not drop Iker to avoid the treatment Jose got so he'll hardly play. I'm sure if we get a good keeper who can push Cech he will get games. Plus Cech is having surgery this summer so he could miss the start of the season and to avoid playing Blackman (even though thats harsh its only fair, his positioning was shit last night and hes not ready to play at PL level) we need another GK. Hilario and Turnbull are both going this summer, they're contracts are up.

its pretty much guaranteed that we will sign a new GK in the summer as Jose always like to have a good number 2 on the bench either that of he will bring Courtois back from loan.

Lopez is an excellent GK though and if he doesn't mind fighting for a place in the team with Cech then that would be a great signing!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You