Chelsea 2-2 Spurs

Jase

Man of the Match  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Ramirez disapointed me last night! yes he scored a brilliant goal but he was lazy and slumpy after that and the moment he slipped like a crippled ostrich really made me angry.

Ramires broke up play countless times and tracked back hard all the time, considering the amount of games and how he plays I am surprised he still does it for 70 mins. Hazrad had a great opportunity, Mata had great opportunities, I think you being a little harsh.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I just can't forgive Ramires for that, really just what the fuck?

Such a great chance and he loses his composure like that. It was like the miss against United last season, had he not of panicked and just fucking left it for Sturridge he would've tapped it in. And that miss is what probably lost us the game against United, without being too harsh it was the goal which we needed to get to gain momentum.

That miss, the reason why I snapped when he missed that because I just knew it would come back to bite us!, I just knew it. Spurs where getting the upperhand the last 30 minutes and there was no way they where not going to score, Ramires can't lose his composure there he has to remain calm.

Cech was at fault for their first goal IMO, surprised no one has mentioned it so far

Ramires is our best big game player

No he wasn't, watch the replay again. The angle from behind the goal is deceiving because it looks like the shot could have been saved but from the side angle you can actually see just how high Adebayor got that shot to curl from, not a chance for Cech. It was a wonder finish.

Ca't believe some thought Ramires was poor. IMO he was our best player, countless running back and forwards and scoring a fantastic goal. His work rate was exceptional. His acceleration on the ball was excellent sometimes and yeah he slipped when he was played through by Mata but he just slipped. Happens with many footballers. He had a very good game.

Benitez got us a very good win on the weekend and I gave him credit as it was due but once again I find myself completely baffled at some of his decisions. Taking off Hazard this time around was more understandable compared to when he took him off at Anfield but leaving out Ba (AGAIN) is crazy. Torres worked hard as usual but once again just does not offer any kind of threat in terms of scoring. Ba would of given them much more problems to deal with. I can't understand that logic of Rafa. It is not like he is RVP and Falcao. who can play bad but only needs once chance to score. If he made these changes in the game against Liverpool and Spurs maybe we would have picked up 6 points but no.

Annoying we did not get that win because we had chances to finish them off but we are definitely still in pole position. I am hoping Villa have taken their foot of the gas a little as they should have done enough to survive. I expect us to win the next game against Villa. Hopefully Spurs have problems down at Stoke.

I didn't see the first half, so I will only give some of my thoughts about the second half. Take note that I haven't the thread yet, so pardon me if I am being redundant.

* We did not win one point tonight — we lost two points. I am quite frustrated and annoyed in regards of the outcome. We had the game in our hands ; had some clear opportunities to put this match to the bed ; but in the end, we let them get a goal quite easily. And, even if we played (very) well throughout the majority of the game, I still find it hard to see positive things ! Our aim in this end of seaon, it's to qualify for the Champions League, not necessarily to play well or stuff. We needed to take these three points (from our direct opponents) in order to put ourselves in security. We failed — to mine, that's that.

* That is not the first time, unfortunatly, that we failed to take a win from an important game. This games were either against weak oppositions that should have definitely been beated ; or where we were in lead but found ourselves giving away cheap goals ; or both ! From the corner of my mind, I can tell : QPR (0-1) ; Southampton (2-2) ; Newcastle (3-2) ; Southampton (2-1) ; Loserpool (2-2 — which was the copy/past game of today, i.e. we scored first, then let them score, for then take anew the lead to finally grant them another cheap goal) ; and tonight against Spurs (2-2). In my honest opinion, that fact stress a problem regarding the mental of our players. Is that we lack cojones ? Is that our players think they have the game won and thus have concentration slip ? Probably a bit of both. We need to learn that the game is won when the final whistle is blown.

* As I said, I find myself in frustration toward the outcome of the game. Indeed, the way we let those two points get away... We had our chances to kill the game ! For instance, When Hazard sky-rocked a more or less golden opportunity to make it 3-1. That was a bad shot, he should have at least hit the target. Or he could (or should) have passed the ball to Mata who was — although being marked by a Spurs' defender — in a pretty good position to put the ball into the net. Another example is the occasion where Ramires lost his balance. Mata should have done a lot better, here. At the start of the action, it was clear that he would struggle to out-run that Tottenham defender, whoever he was. In the meantime, on his left side, Ramires was starting to make his run through the goal ; Mata should have passed him the ball at this moment ! Ramires would have been free to run alone, and would have had all the space to control the ball. Maybe that the spanish didn't see that possibility, in the "heat of the action". Nonetheless, he should have done better at the end of the action. The pass he made to Ramires was quite poor. I am also frustrated with Ramires falling donw ! Though, he was not the only one to lose his balance, so it could be more bad luck than anything — but still frustrating ! Finally, if my memory serves me right, there was a moment when Mata was alone on the left side while the ladyboy was in the box with only one Tottenham player... Mata's cross when out. He really should have done better here, that was a good opportunity ! We do need to take our chances — it has cost us a lot in the last three seasons.

* We also can be angry toward the interim. Imo, he made poor decisions, and just as our players' failures, it has cost us the three points. First off all, the ladyboy... how the hell did he stay on the pitch ? He was a passenger ; he was invisible. Because of him, our players had no one to look for in the front and pass the ball to. Thus, when in possession, we lacked sharpness. We couldn't set the control of the ball because of it, in my opinion. And the only time he got the ball, he made nothing good from it. He really should have been sub earlier. I get that Ba a fitness problem, but 20 minutes would not have done him too much damage, would it ? If he couldn't, then put Moses on, play with a false n°9 and restructure the midfield. I won't comment Moses for Hazard ; it could have been because he was injured, I don't really know... Another bug mistake was to not change the midfield. Before the goal, that was clear that we were losing the midfield battle and that Rmires and Luiz were tired. Lampard could have been used to help the two Brazilians. If not, then Terry could have been used, thus pushing Ivanovic on the righ, and Azpilicueta on the right wing, with Oscar in the middle and Mata on the front. Or I don't know, but there were different kinds of solution to strengthen the midfield. In this regard, it was really a bdad coaching.

* This game really reminds me the one against Loserpool. An important game — we lead, then let them to get back, then take anew the lead to let them come back once again. There were also the same "what the fuck" sibstitution in the same circumstances : the ladyboy, bena-fucking-you, ...

* Aside from "why...?" passes, Oscar was immense. He was pretty sharp in attack and when in possession. And in defense, he was wonderful. A great work-rate, a great defensive game, a great work-rate. Plus, he scored. Very good game from him, I love him !

Ramires broke up play countless times and tracked back hard all the time, considering the amount of games and how he plays I am surprised he still does it for 70 mins. Hazrad had a great opportunity, Mata had great opportunities, I think you being a little harsh.

That's why they get paid so handsomely. to PLAY! and deliver in these kind of games where it can define a club destiny for the next season! anyway i said: "yes he scored a brilliant goal but he was lazy and slumpy after that" that's where a subtitution comes! no matter you broke up play counless time etc you can not keep up with play you go out!

Cant believe we should finish them. Rafa I can't explain how much i hate you

Dont worry Rafa willnot be in bridge next season......we will welcome mourinho