Strike

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Fancied this transfer in the summer and think it could be a great one in January too. Rotating between him and Lamps alongside Ramires means we shouldn't lose too much in terms of tempo and vision in the middle of the park, he knows the league and he knows Mourinho and his system.

The Spanish media has been speculating Xabi wants to return to English football for the past 2 years and now it seems it will happen.

He was one of Mourinho's favorite players at Real Madrid. Him, Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos were the ONLY 3 you always knew for sure were going to be on the starting XI of big matches.

At some point in time, some Spanish newspaper described him as Mourinho's representative in the field and that's really the impression I had of him. You could tell the difference when he wasn't playing. The team looked more sloppy defensively and offensively.

That said, with his contract running out, there's no doubt in my mind Mourinho will try to get him for free. The only doubt is whether Xabi will turn down a return to Liverpool for us. I doubt it.

He is brilliant technicaly, but he doesnt have energy, power, pace he used to have in past...also coming from injury, his fitness is even more questionable. But for free its a no-brainer...

Wtf? Alonso has never had power or pace.... he is certainly still mobile enough and throws himself about still like he used to but he was never in particular very powerful or very pacey.

On a free, this would be an exquisite transfer. No other words for it. Always has been a world class player.

Wtf? Alonso has never had power or pace.... he is certainly still mobile enough and throws himself about still like he used to but he was never in particular very powerful or very pacey.

On a free, this would be an exquisite transfer. No other words for it. Always has been a world class player.

He was more mobile in the past is what I wanted to say.

But he was also main reason why Madrids midfeld was overrun by Bvb midifeld last CL. He couldnt realy keep up with high pressing midfield from Bvb. And one more thing, he aint long term solution to our midfield, I would rather get someone who will stick with us for more years, because we will just gel with Alonso and then he will be too old and we will need to start over again. And after injury he just had, who knows how is his fitness...

But short term and if free, he would be great. A leader aswell.

He was more mobile in the past is what I wanted to say.

But he was also main reason why Madrids midfeld was overrun by Bvb midifeld last CL. He couldnt realy keep up with high pressing midfield from Bvb. And one more thing, he aint long term solution to our midfield, I would rather get someone who will stick with us for more years, because we will just gel with Alonso and then he will be too old and we will need to start over again. And after injury he just had, who knows how is his fitness...

But short term and if free, he would be great. A leader aswell.

I think Khedira as well was a major downfall in the Madrid game, Alonso received the ball and was pressed instantly, Khedira was too high up to provide an option at times.

But yeah I agree he'd be a short term option but a very very very good short term option. A 2 year deal would be ideal for me.

I think Khedira as well was a major downfall in the Madrid game, Alonso received the ball and was pressed instantly, Khedira was too high up to provide an option at times.

But yeah I agree he'd be a short term option but a very very very good short term option. A 2 year deal would be ideal for me.

I think in second game, he played together with Modric and then was replaced with Khedira in the end, the game of Madrid got much better after that with Khedira-Modric for last 10/15mins. Alonso looked very tired in that game...

So yeah he would be awesome short term option (he is also cool lad) but then what? We would need to rebuild core of team again with someone new. I dont know, if Mou wants him, Im all for it, but its not necessary to work perfectly similar to Etoo case...

---

Still Xabi said many times he is happy in Madrid and wouldnt want to return to PL, if he had to it would be Lpool, I just dont see him coming here, but then again, Pirlo went from milan to Juve too...and Mou is good pal with Xabi (werent they together in summer match between Chelsea and Real Madrid in America tour?)

I can see this happening and if it does the league is ours and our chances in the champions league will rise ,he will be perfect for us and assuming Torres is back our squad will be complete to challenge for everything and Mourinho will have done it in 5 months.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You