Two Real Madrid Players

Spike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sami Khedira and Raphael Varane

Khedira is defensively maybe the best DM in the world and can also pick a pass or two. Xabi Alonso would be great but he is already 31 and declining fast. Varane already is almost as good as Ramos but cooler and mentally stronger. Ramos tends to fuck things up big time and provides much of an error potential.

I am surprised myself I did not pick Modric. I get this "too lightweight" and "same player as mata etc" which leads us to an interesting question. Which DLP is not? I'd actually rather have a proper pivot with a Dm and a DLP instead of an unnecessary extra no 10 like Oscar on the wing. Maybe it would indeed be more clever to drag Oscar back into DLP. Except of his size he has all the attributes to play there...

The topic isn't - "Who are the 2 most realistic options to join us from Real Madrid?". The topic is about personal preferences if we could choose which 2 players we'd have join us with the exclusion of Ronaldo & Casillas :banghead:

Of course Alonso wouldn't play for us given his Liverpool ties and of course the club wouldn't go for him due to his age; just like of course Real Madrid wouldn't give up Varane when they don't need the money and he's part of their future :rant:

Spike said, "Okay, chances are that if Jose Mourinho returns to Stamford he will bring along some Real Madrid players. I'm guessing two. Which two would you have here?", so obviously you'd have to think of realistic options more than your personal preferences. That's how the question seems poised to me.

Well both of you have made fair points. It's fine just to give a straight opinion of who you would sign, but it would be nicer if you gave an opinion of who José would bring, hence the reason I mentioned that half of the locker room hate him.

Give reasons ya bastards.

I pick Benzema and Alonso because:

Karim is one of the most dynamic forwards around, he is strong and quick and has great on the ball technique. He is very inconsistent but I imagine it's hard at a club like Real Madrid. He tends to drop deep far too often for my liking but if he can drop that part of his game, he'd be twice the forward.

Alonso because he is quite possible the best CM/DM of the last 13 years. Pitching out passes left, right and centre. Chelsea lack a proper CM playmaker at the moment and you can't go wrong with Xabi.

Give reasons ya bastards.

BUMP.Looking forward to some of the reasons.

I went for Modric - obvious and Diego Lopez - Looks like a good backup keeper who'll do well when asked to step up

I dont see why Alonso wont come, if he doesnt want to sign another contract it definitely means he isnt enjoying life as much as he was in England, so a return here isnt impossible and London isnt Madrid.He'll play in an atmosphere he knows, and he still has two years ahead of him.

We wont get any but i'd love to see Modric with Hazard and Mata. And maybe Fabio Coentrao as Ash won't last forever. I'm going on possibilities. Verane, Khedira and Ozil i just cannot see happening. Benzema is awful now, Alonso is another ex scouse, no thanks.

Modric is premiership proven and Coentrao is 2nd choice largely behind Marcelo.

Just going to copy and paste on what i wrote on the Modric forum concerning Flopdric an Khedira. Who seems to be almost everyone favorite choices.

Have had the opportunity to watch a bunch of downloaded Real Madrid games lately, and I have tried to observe two so called Chelsea targets: Khedira and Modric. Neither imo would be a good addition to the squad.

First off Khedira creates the same problem as Ramires for us. I hardily see the advantage of bringing Khedira, because Ramires brings the same quality and imo he is better. Both players they are limited technically and cannot do much with the ball passing wise. For example one of the biggest reason Madrid struggles with their pivot is when teams mark Xabi Alonso, their attack becomes static and they don’t have to worry about Khedira because he cannot hurt them. On Wednesday it was the same strategy that allowed Dortmund to play Madrid off the park. Mourinho say saw this coming, because they have played numerous other times. That is why he played Modric in the number 10 role so he can drop deep and counter Dortmund strategy but the man was absolutely ineffective, and Ozil was deployed on the left instead of the middle. Modric has proven numerous times that he is not good enough defensively to play in the pivot, especially with Alonso in the pivot against top European midfields. Back to Khedira for now, him and Ramires both are B2B so they well leave you exposed defensively. So they are not excellent defensively or attacking wise. End of the day they unfortunately are average for top teams and will struggle against top midfields. But I remain to rate Ramires higher, because he is more dynamic and will cause more disruption against other teams.

Now more on Modric, I have never rated him as highly as others on this forum and believer years from now more will realize that we truly dodged a bullet by not signing him. I have not seen one quality performance by him in Madrid that justifies 40m or whatever. His best moment in Blanco shirt was his strike against United 10 men. But I also realize in a two man midfield and pivot he is simply not good enough defensively against top competition. Schweinsteiger, Alonso, gundogan, etc are not only great playmakers but they are also very good defensively. Gundogan not only bossed the midfield with his passing, but was absolutely superb defensively. Modric playmaking is not the level of those players either, he has extraordinary technique and passing but he simply doesn’t have the brain of those players to dictate a midfield. His passing doesn’t have the same purpose as those guys.

So for me I would be quite unhappy to see either player in a Chelsea shirt. Thankfully I don’t see either of them being here.

sami Khedira and Raphael Varane

Khedira is defensively maybe the best DM in the world and can also pick a pass or two. Xabi Alonso would be great but he is already 31 and declining fast. Varane already is almost as good as Ramos but cooler and mentally stronger. Ramos tends to fuck things up big time and provides much of an error potential.

I am surprised myself I did not pick Modric. I get this "too lightweight" and "same player as mata etc" which leads us to an interesting question. Which DLP is not? I'd actually rather have a proper pivot with a Dm and a DLP instead of an unnecessary extra no 10 like Oscar on the wing. Maybe it would indeed be more clever to drag Oscar back into DLP. Except of his size he has all the attributes to play there...

First of all Khedira is not DM, that is like calling Ramires a DM. He is ok defensively but not going to rank anywhere near the best. Imo Khedira is undoubtedly Real Madrid weakest link and most Real supporters who watch him regularly don't think he is good enough for them and i certainly don't think he is good enough for us either.

I don't think Mourinho will bring any player from Real Madrid. He didn't bring any of his Chelsea player to Inter, didn't bring any of his Inter player to Madrid either. Yeah he did bring a few Porto players to Chelsea, but i don't expect this happen again just from experience. When we hired Ancelotti we were linked with a bunch Milan players, how many arrived? none. Then again when we hired AVB we were linked with almost every Porto player and again we didn't purchase any of them.

Scolari brought Deco and Bosingwa who he worked with in the Portugal NT. But lets remember their were stories of Chelsea players unhappy how Scolari was playing favorite with some players. For that reason most managers avoid bringing former players because they don't want to give the impression that they are playing favorites instead of playing players based on merits.

So i am personally not expecting any Real Madrid players here next season.

Marcelo, Varane, Benzema, and Ronaldo would be my choices. But none of them is realistic though.

If you can't pick Ronaldo, then the answer can only be Di maria. On his day he an be a real joy to watch and something very different to what we have.

Modric was good in the prem before, but i prefer Moutinho or Banega to him. And the rest of their squad is pretty meh to me - minus Ozil who we don't need - their defence is nothing close to other Jose Mourinho team's, and their strikers are so inconsistent these days.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You