Ilkay Gundogan

NishC300

I'd think our side would be better with Gündogan than Dortmund are now. Think Ramires and Gündogan would be brilliant together.

Only way he moves though is if some club offers them money they'd be stupid to turn down. Which we can and should.

Ramires isnt a classic cm at all in my opinion. He is great going forward and in his finishing is superb. But we need someone who can act as a playmaker. Someone like Ilkay so we can dominate midfield and posession for once.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gundogan is a decent player, with good workrate, nice penalty taker. However, Ramires is the man for me. Better work rate, finishing like a striker, great awareness and speed.

Ramires' weakness is a big one for a midfielder: he can't pass for shit.

Gundogan on the other hand can act as a DLP or box-to-box, but tends to do a bit of both. All day everyday: Gundogan > Ramires. The ideal situation though would be a pairing of the both of them though!

Ramires' weakness is a big one for a midfielder: he can't pass for shit.

Gundogan on the other hand can act as a DLP or box-to-box, but tends to do a bit of both. All day everyday: Gundogan > Ramires. The ideal situation though would be a pairing of the both of them though!

Not sure if it's fair to say one is better than the other when they are both different type of players. It all depends on what kind of midfielder do you want. If you are looking for pure B2B midfielder, then Ramires wins it all day. If you want a deep lying playmaker, a passer of the ball, then Gundogan is obviously way better at it.

Gundogan would be just perfect, but Lampard would have to leave...

He can play with both Mikel and Ramires without compromising the pivot and still allow space for MVG and Chalobah to develop, fixing almost all our ongoing problems!

He also has a lot of mental strength and experience, which is something we very much need.

• 2 weeks later...

He is really an amazing palyer, but his injury record is worrying. He has at least one major injuries every season. This guy has torn muscles his doctors did not even know priorly. But that is not even the whole problem. He picks up an awful lot of small injuries that take him out for just a week but completely disrupt his rhythm. This guy is a top professional and he will perform when much is at stake, even if not fit, but he just isn't the player you want to use in your pivot regularly to win the league. His repeated absence clearly cost Dortmund rhythm and points last season. These days he has clinched his spine. I mean how often does this shit happen to a footballer? just think of one injury or illness, this guy most probably already has suffered from it.

He is really an amazing palyer, but his injury record is worrying. He has at least one major injuries every season. This guy has torn muscles his doctors did not even know priorly. But that is not even the whole problem. He picks up an awful lot of small injuries that take him out for just a week but completely disrupt his rhythm. This guy is a top professional and he will perform when much is at stake, even if not fit, but he just isn't the player you want to use in your pivot regularly to win the league. His repeated absence clearly cost Dortmund rhythm and points last season. These days he has clinched his spine. I mean how often does this shit happen to a footballer? just think of one injury or illness, this guy most probably already has suffered from it.

Could a part of the problem be with Dortmund's training methods or their medicals staff? Are their other players often injured?

I'm sure Eva would fix him. :blush:

Could a part of the problem be with Dortmund's training methods or their medicals staff? Are their other players often injured?

I'm sure Eva would fix him. :blush:

That is actually a very good question. Dortmund players tend to get those small injuries more often due to fatigue as a result of their brutal running which is part of Klopp's football approach. Esp midfielders, winger and fullbacks are subject to that. Just check Pisczek's Schmelzer's or Blascykowski's injury history and you know what i mean. But Gündogan is a special case. I have no doubt that we have a better medical department than Dortmund, cos we are a much bigger club. But Lewandowski and the centre-backs are almost injury-free, so would not say their medical department is bad. Anyway. We usually don't go for injury-prone players (but when we do we make sure we pay at least 50m haha)

I am sure Eva would fix him.Torres had a lot of injury problems before he joined us but has been very much injury free during his time here,another one is david luiz who had problem and he has also gotten better.Eva has definitely got the midas touch.

I am sure Eva would fix him.Torres had a lot of injury problems before he joined us but has been very much injury free during his time here,another one is david luiz who had problem and he has also gotten better.Eva has definitely got the midas touch.

To be honest, i would prefer old Torres with back problems :)

But that is because Torres has been so inhibited that he did not throw himself into challenges like he did at Liverpool. He just did not seem to care. The games vs Tottenham and Steaua seemed the first one he really risked something and got injured immediately.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You