Ilkay Gundogan

NishC300

Few years ago yes, now? I'd pass unless he comes at a bargain price and I mean a bargain price, £10m or less.

He's a gamble for sure.

Not high risk, for even 20m, and the reward would be enormous. 25m max though is where the line should be drawn.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Today Gundogan was great, he will come good again!
His vision and his long balls are deadly, he rarely makes mistakes and he is good at the short passing game.
Furthermore he has got the quality to tackle, break up play...,he is simply Borrussia Dortmunds engine again!
He is the perfect number 10 but he is able to play the part as a deep-lying-playmaker too.

In my point of view he would be the perfect replacement for Oscar, but Joses state of mind would agree to disagree, i fear.
However i happily settle for Pogba/Koke....;)

Today Gundogan was great, he will come good again!

His vision and his long balls are deadly, he rarely makes mistakes and he is good at the short passing game.

Furthermore he has got the quality to tackle, break up play...,he is simply Borrussia Dortmunds engine again!

He is the perfect number 10 but he is able to play the part as a deep-lying-playmaker too.

In my point of view he would be the perfect replacement for Oscar, but Joses state of mind would agree to disagree, i fear.

However i happily settle for Pogba/Koke.... ;)

Nobody seems to like him round here. Not anymore, anyway...

Nobody seems to like him round here. Not anymore, anyway...

I am freshman, therefore i don't know how it really works around here....^^

Nowadays there are no serious rumours about a transfer to Chelsea, when it happens and it will happen soon, because of his performances and his contract situation (runs only till summer 2016).

I promise you that the coming disussions will turn this page upside down again...:)

Two years ago this guy was #10, CM, box to box and DM all in one.

He will probably regain alot of ability, but usualy players after such injuries never gain that mobility, agressivnes and drive unless they have amazing body abilities.

Two years ago this guy was #10, CM, box to box and DM all in one.

He will probably regain alot of ability, but usualy players after such injuries never gain that mobility, agressivnes and drive unless they have amazing body abilities.

At least it wasn't a knee injury(ies). They ended Essien's career.

Gundogan is an awesome player. There are few players in the world like him. Before his injury Gundogan was one of the best midfielders in the world. Too bad his injury, I hope he can recover fully.

To me Gundogan is a player very similar to Xavi Hernandez, there are not many players like that, just Koke and few more.
A player capable of assume the role of leader of a team and make the ball fly from one side to another.

In 2005 Xavi Hernandez had a major knee injury and he could fully recover from the injury and then he had his best version as a footballer.

The injury of Gundogan was different but he seems that is slowly regaining his performance prior to the injury.

Gundogan ends his contract in 2016. I believe that Jose would do well to evaluate its performance and if he thinks that Gundogan is recovered from his injury Perhaps we should try his signing. At the end of his contract in 2016 his move could be "cheap" and watching the other players on the market I do not see many better options than Gundogan.

At the beginning of the season we had a spectacular performance playing with a style that mixed the style of Guardiola´s Barcelona and Low's Germany. I think Gundogan would be a piece that would fit our puzzle.

Gundogan and / or Koke should be our priority objectives. Hopefully he can be fully recovered from his injury.

Regards to ALL.

Gundogan is an awesome player. There are few players in the world like him. Before his injury Gundogan was one of the best midfielders in the world. Too bad his injury, I hope he can recover fully.

To me Gundogan is a player very similar to Xavi Hernandez, there are not many players like that, just Koke and few more. A player capable of assume the role of leader of a team and make the ball fly from one side to another.

In 2005 Xavi Hernandez had a major knee injury and he could fully recover from the injury and then he had his best version as a footballer.

The injury of Gundogan was different but he seems that is slowly regaining his performance prior to the injury.

Gundogan ends his contract in 2016. I believe that Jose would do well to evaluate its performance and if he thinks that Gundogan is recovered from his injury Perhaps we should try his signing. At the end of his contract in 2016 his move could be "cheap" and watching the other players on the market I do not see many better options than Gundogan.

At the beginning of the season we had a spectacular performance playing with a style that mixed the style of Guardiola´s Barcelona and Low's Germany. I think Gundogan would be a piece that would fit our puzzle.

Gundogan and / or Koke should be our priority objectives. Hopefully he can be fully recovered from his injury.

Regards to ALL.

Yeah he was such a monster in that season when Dortmund reached the CL final. Always wanted him here, if he recovers well, Matic-Gundogan-Cesc is a dream midfield.

]

Regards to ALL.

I kindly disagree. For one, he looks to be a shadow of the player he once was.

More importantly, our primary objective should be another world class attacker, a Bale or Reus. We need another consistent scorer besides Costa and Hazard. We also need an attacker behind the striker who offers variety to Hazard and Willian.......who can be effective without having the ball at their feet all the time. Schurrle, Salah, Willian, Oscar all to varying degrees have not been good enough. This team is crying out for another top class winger. That's what we need to take us to another level, not Gundogan or Pogba or Koke. They'll make us stronger, but not as much as a Reus or Bale would. These should be our number 1 priority, our marquee targets.

I kindly disagree. For one, he looks to be a shadow of the player he once was.

More importantly, our primary objective should be another world class attacker, a Bale or Reus. We need another consistent scorer besides Costa and Hazard. We also need an attacker behind the striker who offers variety to Hazard and Willian.......who can be effective without having the ball at their feet all the time. Schurrle, Salah, Willian, Oscar all to varying degrees have not been good enough. This team is crying out for another top class winger. That's what we need to take us to another level, not Gundogan or Pogba or Koke. They'll make us stronger, but not as much as a Reus or Bale would. These should be our number 1 priority, our marquee targets.

Hi friend!

I agree with you about Bale and Reus. We need a player like them or Messi to RW for next season. That is a priority because we need a more aggressive in our attacking zone. If Messi were impossible, Bale has to be our main objective. Hazard - Costa - Bale would be dynamite.

Perhaps the most appropriate words are "Koke and Gundogan must be our priorities for the midfielder." I think for midfield players like Koke and / or Gundogan are the perfect complement for Fabregas. First Koke IMO.

I think Gundogan is gradually recovering an acceptable level, but it is still too early to say that he is fully recovered to say it is the player before his injury. In this I agree with you.

What I intended to say is that we must observe their performance with Borussia this season and if he gets his level before his injury maybe we should try his signing. But it would be a signing that we have to look carefully.

But it is true that the level of Gundogan before his injury was incredible. Probably his 2012 - 2013 season is one of the best seasons made by any midfielder in the last ten years. Hopefully he can recover this performance, although it is complicated.

Regards.

I agree that ideally we should sign both a world class winger and a world class central midfielder, but it will cost too much money, unless if we are really clever. We might have to prioritize one over the other. Koke is a top player but Bale or Reus are the more pressing issues right now.

I agree that ideally we should sign both a world class winger and a world class central midfielder, but it will cost too much money, unless if we are really clever. We might have to prioritize one over the other. Koke is a top player but Bale or Reus are the more pressing issues right now.

Yes. Sign a RW is our main priority because without a new RW we have the very unbalanced team on the right side and falls all the weight of responsibility

on Hazard. Bale would balance our team perfectly.

Regarding Koke and the possibility of signing both I think that maybe we could do both signings. Last year our economic balance was quite good and thanks to the agreement with Yokohama and Premier agreement for television rights that could give us much economic power.

This week in Spain some reports spoke of Koke and his final price could be 30 million euros (22 million pounds). If the price of Bale were between 60 and 70 million euros (44 and 51 million pounds) I think we could sign both.

But I totally agree with you that a new RW (Messi - Bale - Reus) must be our main objective. So I was saying in the previous post that maybe I had to have said "Koke and Gundogan would have to be our priorities for midfield"

Regards.

To me our options for the midfield should be the following.

1. Koke.

2. Paul Pogba.

3. Gundogan.

4. Mata (Juan is just a desire of mine because I know his signing is impossible)

5. Khedira. Perfect backup for Matic.

6. Bastian Schweinsteiger.

7. Ross Barkley.

In that order.

Koke - Gundogan - Mata have a similar style of one-touch play with balloon movements very fast.

Paul Pogba is special in every way. A player made to play with Mourinho.

Scheweinsteiger bring us experience and muscle to our midfield.

Ross Barkley an option for the future. English which is important if Premier League changed its rules. A great player but with little experience yet.

They are different options with different prices to avoid problems with FFP.

To me the actual football is won from midfield. Have a great midfield would make us increasingly strong.

This guy is not the same anymore... His injury killed him

Disagree !

I am big Gundogan fan. Yes, when he came back in October he didn't look good however he picked up form recently. And again he plays his incisive passes in tight spaces, which is a trademark of him . It's maybe the feature that for many is overlooked but that's what I love the most about him. Incisive, forward passes almost every time he receives the ball, when he sees that space to move the ball forward. Love it.

Yes, he still is not in his best physical conditions however it looks better and better. He needs a proper pre-season to get back to his best shape and I believe he will get there, however I wouldn't say for sure.

For some decent money it's good investment. Even if he doesn't recover his explosiveness and motor skills in him, he's such a good passer that he'd be good back up/alternative to Fabregas.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You