• Lampard
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Mikel(sub)
    • Ba(sub)

Honestly, I felt it was one of those games where the goals didn't have much to do with the general level of performance. After the 2 goal lead from the first half, the team slowed down the tempo in the second period (good decision without a doubt).

The strong performers today were Luiz, Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires. Lampard didn't see much of the ball in the 2nd half, Hazard couldn't keep possession, Moses couldn't make the right decisions, and Torres only got scraps to feed on. Mata had a couple of good crosses (namely the assists) but otherwise nothing remarkable.

But overall, am satisfied with the substitutions and the result. Hopefully we can see a better performance at Anfield.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David Luiz performance today was another indicator of why he should play in the midfield. Excellent vision and passing, can shoot the ball from outside and is very strong on the middle of the pitch.

Honestly I don't think there's any need. Simply because he can still be an effective attacking outlet whilst he's playing at CB - it makes us more unpredictable and it also means the team has an extra spot in midfield open for an extra player who has a different skill set. His best performances this season have come at CB. Just because he's got fantastic technique and is a great footballer doesn't mean you have to shove him in midfield. Sure, he can play there, but it would take him seasons to fully understand the role. He can fill in there for us if we need to, but I'd rather us buy a proper midfielder.

David Luiz has been our best player after Mata and Hazard this season.

Bring in Mourinho and he'll make this guy one of the best.

Honestly, I felt it was one of those games where the goals didn't have much to do with the general level of performance. After the 2 goal lead from the first half, the team slowed down the tempo in the second period (good decision without a doubt).

The strong performers today were Luiz, Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires. Lampard didn't see much of the ball in the 2nd half, Hazard couldn't keep possession, Moses couldn't make the right decisions, and Torres only got scraps to feed on. Mata had a couple of good crosses (namely the assists) but otherwise nothing remarkable.

But overall, am satisfied with the substitutions and the result. Hopefully we can see a better performance at Anfield.

This exactly. Can someone on our team supply Torres the ball in a dangerous position beside the cross. I think we need to sign Gerrard lol

I hate to say I told you so (again) but I told you so. Two clear goals, I said before the game when many of you were iffing and butting.

For the guy who said bring in Mourinho to make Luiz a player - that is a prime example of a Mourinho groupie. It is Rafa who has transformed Luiz - not Mourinho. Mourinho cannot even maintain relationships with the world talent he has at Real Madrid. Half the RM squad want him gone. Rafa saw that Luiz was versatile enough to play in at least two positions as soon as he arrived. Luiz should be captain. Not only does he have the skills to change the pace of a game, but he has fight and humour and grace and would give Chelsea a better image than it has now.

Hazard has always been hit and miss and it is a weakness to rely on him and "the three amigos" mind set and isolate Torres or Demba. Oscar is not good enough yet. Mata is being played in his right position and developing a good understanding with Torres (and Demba). Chelsea needs a fast direct winger to provide the forwards with crosses and hard diagonal through balls for them to run unto - of the type Torres flourished on at LFC. That does not mean they should give up on the passing game and the slow build up. For 75% of a game they should concentrate on controlling it. Torres' contribution to that has been underestimated by many but not by all of us.

So some of you are calling the LFC fans "bindippers" just as they call you "rent boys" and "chavs" and "plastics". I'll give my opinion on that game tomorrow- There's going to be a lot of tension at first - The Anfield crowd will express their great love and gratitude to Rafa and then, because they have their priorities right, they will then support their current manager even though he used to be on the Chelsea coaching staff - they don't boo their coach at Anfield wherever he comes from. I'll give my prediction of the result tomorrow.

For the guy who said bring in Mourinho to make Luiz a player - that is a prime example of a Mourinho groupie. It is Rafa who has transformed Luiz - not Mourinho.

I've been one of Luiz's vocal supporters from day one. he hasn't even improved much as a player IMO - I've always maintained that he's a great player, as you can see he's my favourite player in our current squad and has been for a long time. I've been the one that has always supported him when people said we should sell him and that he isn't good enough etc. Rafa hasn't "transformed" Luiz at all - Luiz has just been consistent this season - he was consistent when RDM was here with JT at the start of the season, and he's been consistent under Rafa too for weeks now.

From day one I already thought Luiz was a great player - not once did I say 'Mourinho transformed Luiz" don't be ridiculous, he hasn't even managed him yet. I just believe that Mourinho can make this guy one of the best defenders around, that doesn't make me a Mourinho groupie at all.

Look at you trying to give all the credit of Luiz's consistency this season to Rafa. Obviously Rafa has to take some of the credit but you need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate your meaning of "groupie".

So some of you are calling the LFC fans "bindippers" just as they call you "rent boys" and "chavs" and "plastics". I'll give my opinion on that game tomorrow- There's going to be a lot of tension at first - The Anfield crowd will express their great love and gratitude to Rafa and then, because they have their priorities right, they will then support their current manager even though he used to be on the Chelsea coaching staff - they don't boo their coach at Anfield wherever he comes from. I'll give my prediction of the result tomorrow.

This also proves, once and for all, that you aren't a CFC fan. Troll.

3c2c77099b82e459f8438e3aa4e2610b.jpg

No, I'm not? Mata is a great player, no matter where you put him in. I just think that he's the best crosser on our team and there's been tons of times where someone is doing their run towards the box and whoever is playing on the wings makes a cross that goes sailing to the upper stands. Also, Mata is not strong enough to play in the center. City, namely Yaya and Milner, gave him a very rough time in the middle. Regardless, I love Juan Mata and I do agree that he is the player that has the best passing vision and everything goes thru him on Chelsea.

I understand where you're coming from. But I think the pros of him being put on the wings don't outweigh the pros of him in the centre.

What he needs is a protector, like drogba was at the end of last season. Someone to kind of scare-off defenders if you will while mata twinkle toes around the back of them.

I hate to say I told you so (again) but I told you so. Two clear goals, I said before the game when many of you were iffing and butting.

For the guy who said bring in Mourinho to make Luiz a player - that is a prime example of a Mourinho groupie. It is Rafa who has transformed Luiz - not Mourinho. Mourinho cannot even maintain relationships with the world talent he has at Real Madrid. Half the RM squad want him gone. Rafa saw that Luiz was versatile enough to play in at least two positions as soon as he arrived. Luiz should be captain. Not only does he have the skills to change the pace of a game, but he has fight and humour and grace and would give Chelsea a better image than it has now.

Hazard has always been hit and miss and it is a weakness to rely on him and "the three amigos" mind set and isolate Torres or Demba. Oscar is not good enough yet. Mata is being played in his right position and developing a good understanding with Torres (and Demba). Chelsea needs a fast direct winger to provide the forwards with crosses and hard diagonal through balls for them to run unto - of the type Torres flourished on at LFC. That does not mean they should give up on the passing game and the slow build up. For 75% of a game they should concentrate on controlling it. Torres' contribution to that has been underestimated by many but not by all of us.

We were crossing into the box the whole game a Fulham. Who got on the end of it?? Terry. Where the fuk was ladyboy? Doodling at the top of the 18yard box. He needs to make the runs into the near or far post, get on the end of the bloody crosses.

Rafa has no man management skills whatsoever.

Interview with Gerard said that Gerard scored two goals in injury time and instead of giving him a pat on the back he gave Gerard a bollocking telling him off for not pressing enough.

The relationship that the lfc crowd had with rogers is so different compared to the relationship cfc had with rafa when they were both at their respective clubs. That's comparing apples to bananas. Rogers was a youth and reserve team manager FFs. Rafa was head coach at lfc. I don't agree with the booing and that at all, but of course the chelsea crowd is gonna be more hostile towards rafa than the lfc crowd would be towards rogers.

Last night´s game was just what the doc had ordered. A beauty scored by Luiz, score 3 zilch, the team played well, even though Fulham are a mediocre team, but 3 points were added, I was very pleased.

Hopefully, the team can play as well against Liverpoops & come out winners or even a draw would be just fine.

Rotation just worked well, Hazard, Mata rested, Rafa is doing fairly well, lately.

It was just a professional job, but a few performances were a little concerning. Hazard just never got into the game and really didn't look up for it. His worst performance by far in my opinion. Moses worked hard but the crossing in general was just horrendous, especially when you realise that Torres still doesn't make the right runs into the box. Nando still put in a good shift but he'd get so many more goals if he was just a yard quicker off the mark.

The double pivot was still an issue, despite Ramires putting in a hell of a performance. I'm not one for stats usually, but his were astounding last night:

94% pass completion on 48 passes (second most in the team)

7 long balls ALL accurate

2 key passes

7 Tackles (team high)

6 Interceptions (team high)

Now I've criticised him in the past, but he did everything in that midfield last night and it was essential because Lamps really wasn't that effective in all honesty.

JT and Luiz looked solid in defence and should probably start against Liverpool if JT can manage it but Suarez and Sturridge will provide a stiffer challenge than Fulham did.

All in all a good performance with plenty to work on going forward. Benitez deserves credit for getting such a comprehensive win against a tricky team after the weekend.